Roddy Pipers biggest fight

mutley

Taken from his website.

Roddy has been diagnosed with Lymphoma Cancer. He will begin his battle against this cancer immeadiatly.

The following is a statement from Mr. Piper;

“It seems like I have been fighting someone, something, someplace, in some manner, my whole life. But this fight, is one I am gonna win!â€

Ever Forward,

Roddy Piper

From his website on Monday

Roddy has Wrestling and the Fans to thank for an early Christmas present this year. After returning to the WWE and the Fans voting him in on Cyber Sunday to wrestle, Ric Flair and Rowdy Roddy Piper became the World Tag Team Champions. Roddy then continued on tour with the WWE in the UK. While there he suffered a back injury and had to leave the tour early, resulting in emergency back surgery upon arrival home in Portland, Oregon.

While performing the surgery, the surgeon took a biopsy of a suspicious lymphnode. While Roddy has been recovering from the surgery on his back he has been waiting and undergoing further tests regarding the biopsy. Initial findings were that he has lymphoma cancer, (non-hodgkins).

Today he got final results from all the tests and knows that he has low grade lymphoma cancer in one maybe two marble size areas near each other, behind his stomache. Due to the back surgery and the Doctor noticing the cancer it has been caught at an early stage. Roddy will undergo 4 weeks of radiation treatment.

Roddy has always stated that his career in wrestling and his success has been given to him by the FANS. Now again with this sequence of events; going back to the WWE, The FANS voting him to wrestle, the injury to his back, resulting in the Doctor finding his cancer early. Has again strengthened his feelings that Wrestling and the Fans have had a positive outcome in his success not only in his career but in his life!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Half inched from Roddy Pipers site

January 2, 2007 at 2:52 pm

A Post from Roddy

I have been sincerely overwhelmed with the support from unbelievably kind people. Many who have explained to me that themselves or someone personal to them has gone through the treatment for cancer. I would like to thank all of you for the cards and gifts you have sent. Picture collages, wine baskets (which really helps my healing), prayer chains, and many other gifts you have sent, have all meant so much.

Many times have I gone to a hospital that dealt with children who had some form of cancer. As I was finished visiting with them and walking out of the hospital, I had hoped that maybe I had done some good and I always said to whoever was with me that those are the most courageous kids that I know. Now being in the middle of the process myself and looking back at those kids, I didn’t have a clue what I was talking about. Those kids now, are my Heros. Some of them staying months and years undergoing similar therapy and more to what I am receiving. I don’t know how those kids could smile at all. I guess the easiest way for me to sum it up is, you would have to walk a mile in their shoes to understand.

Ever Forward,

Roddy

He included some photos Here one i feel shows how he feels

The others are him having his treatment.