The wrath of TORN...

I should be body guard, I don't stand for stuff like that I get too protective.

lol did u see me shouting at everyone on monday when the guys were going to lunch?

'Please dont stalk the guests! Have some respect! Leave them alone!'

I wish i couldof helped out with stuff like that...Stupid ppl following them! How unfair!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I heard you shout when they were going was when you told Dom I said he had my scarf! :D

I envy you just doing what you did; if it wasn't my first CM I probably would have put my name down to help. In fact I could have on Monday I did a lot of wondering about.

Yeah I heard that Elijah didn't really enjoy it that much. He seemed to be happier on the Monday to me.

Thats why I think if a really big guest is going to the next one it will be bad all weekend as it is a bank holiday.

Some people just need to learn some respect.

Houdi told us the guests had a good time and loved meeting the fans. Obviously there are some bits that they could have done without but on the whole they were having fun

Yeah I heard that Elijah didn't really enjoy it that much.  He seemed to be happier on the Monday to me.

Thats why I think if a really big guest is going to the next one it will be bad all weekend as it is a bank holiday.

Some people just need to learn some respect.

Houdi told us the guests had a good time and loved meeting the fans. Obviously there are some bits that they could have done without but on the whole they were having fun

yeah thats what i thought. Elijah seemed to have a good time

• Moderators

I read all of that and I can understand that people will be upset, but I also know that some of the people that did not see who they wanted to be were very narrow minded and were not aware of the wider picture. If they had nearly ANY experience of the logistics and the hassle of going through organising something like this, then perhaps they'd be willing to be a little more understanding. All this talk of "limited tickets" .. well, do people really expect Elijah to sign 5000 autographs in a day, like some kinda production line, getting people shoved through without even meeting him etc. No-one seems willing to take into consideration any of this. The number of people I had come up to me and be like "I've come from ..." and "this is unfair on us .." ... yes I can understand how it must be upsetting, but it's also very selfish because an organisation like this cannot deal purely with individual circumstances.

So I'll probably get told that I'm biased because I post on here and that makes me on SMs side and all of that, right? No, I'm not biased. In fact, being part of this forum has given me an opportunity to open my eyes to what actually goes on. And for once I think people should try and be grateful rather than bitching and moaning all the time, because until other people try to organise something on this scale, they have NO idea at all. I hope that potential guests do not just read the negative side, because that would be unfair. As far as I'm concerned, it was successful, SO many people went away happy and that is something to be proud of. And if people could stop moaning for a second and realise just what DID take place, something of a great magnitude that none of us expected before, then perhaps we can all feel lucky to be part of it.

I am a little riled to say the least by some of what I have been reading about some of the goings on over the weekend, and I will not speak about things I have little knowledge of...

However...let me nail a couple of things said in OneRing.net's threads...one post in particular is laughably inaccurate and I will e-mail them about these matters...

1) The alleged "visit" by Orlando Bloom

This is total rot and was a rumour started by a journalist from a publication I won't name. Said person pretended to be making a phone call and very loudly said Orlando was supposed to be coming down. Sadly some people fell for it. Look at it practically.

a) Orlando has probably only just seen the others at the press junket in New York at the end of last week.

:D If he wanted to spend more time with them, and even if he had travelled with them, he would arrange to see them at their hotel. Let's face it. Orlando would NOT come to a shopping centre where his mates are signing and just hang about - even in diguise. I know he loves dangerous sports - but even he must have limits!

c) As far as I am aware Orlando is in the middle of working on Troy (no not THAT Troy!) with Brad Pitt. Or something.

d) So...nice dream it may be. But that whole thing was a juvenile jibe by a journalist who should be mature enough to know better.

2) The Viggo Story

The rumour was that Viggo Mortensen had been spotted in Milton Keynes a few weeks back.

a) Viggo had been in Britain around that time. He and several others (including Sala) went to the Edinburgh Festival to see Billy's play.

:D Milton Keynes is a long way from Edinburgh.

c) Viggo unaccompanied in a shopping centre in Milton Keynes? In an autograph shop? Oh please!

I am absolutely furious that someone on OneRing.net has accused Showmasters of lying about future guests. It is a fair bet that both Orlando and Viggo have been or will be approached at some point, but as the disclaimers always say, ANY guest appearances are subject to work committments, health, etc.

It is utter rubbish that any of the Showmasters team would be going about saying Viggo and/or Orlando are definite for C5!

Some people need to take time for a reality check and get a grip!

The truth is out there...

;)

hi guys just have to say i agree and was sooo unbelievably impressed with the whole operation, and the fact that we got to meet such amazing guests i was lucky in that i got to meet everyone i wanted to ie the hobbits, and andy etc. Those people expecting to get tickets at 12 etc were kidding themselves, some of the biggest stars in the lotr etc and they expect there not to be queues thats just ridiculous. Anyway i had a brill time and will definately be supporting all future events, from a very happy customer, love to u all. xx

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your kind words. It is indeed very frustrating when a site such as the one ring net decides to report things in the way that they have. In particular, Steve and Ian's reports seem like they are just trying to find the bad in everything and to make out that the weekend was a total disaster. Sure there were some problems, and I have no problem admitting that, but to have nothing good to say at all just shows the story that they wanted to report. I also believe that Ian should grow up, as I know that he has an ulterior motive for acting the way he has. It is plain childish, and now I am sure that he feels by attempting to destroy Collectormania on One Ring Net he is getting his own back. Oh well.

And just so you know, no-one was assaulted at Collectormania at all!!!! I will be contacting TORn regarding this to get them to remove the statement that someone was assaulted, as they know it is not true.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your kind words. It is indeed very frustrating when a site such as the one ring net decides to report things in the way that they have. In particular, Steve and Ian's reports seem like they are just trying to find the bad in everything and to make out that the weekend was a total disaster. Sure there were some problems, and I have no problem admitting that, but to have nothing good to say at all just shows the story that they wanted to report. I also believe that Ian should grow up, as I know that he has an ulterior motive for acting the way he has. It is plain childish, and now I am sure that he feels by attempting to destroy Collectormania on One Ring Net he is getting his own back. Oh well.

And just so you know, no-one was assaulted at Collectormania at all!!!! I will be contacting TORn regarding this to get them to remove the statement that someone was assaulted, as they know it is not true.

so what about the Father with the 7 year old girl who was so dissapointed that she didn't stop crying - he visits the complaints box - and gets attitude from the SM person and thumps the bloke - are you saying that didn't happen????

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your kind words. It is indeed very frustrating when a site such as the one ring net decides to report things in the way that they have. In particular, Steve and Ian's reports seem like they are just trying to find the bad in everything and to make out that the weekend was a total disaster. Sure there were some problems, and I have no problem admitting that, but to have nothing good to say at all  just shows the story that they wanted to report. I also believe that Ian should grow up, as I know that he has an ulterior motive for acting the way he has. It is plain childish, and now I am sure that he feels by attempting to destroy Collectormania on One Ring Net he is getting his own back. Oh well.

so what about the Father with the 7 year old girl who was so dissapointed that she didn't stop crying - he visits the complaints box - and gets attitude from the SM person and thumps the bloke - are you saying that didn't happen????

Is this something you witnessed?

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your kind words. It is indeed very frustrating when a site such as the one ring net decides to report things in the way that they have. In particular, Steve and Ian's reports seem like they are just trying to find the bad in everything and to make out that the weekend was a total disaster. Sure there were some problems, and I have no problem admitting that, but to have nothing good to say at all  just shows the story that they wanted to report. I also believe that Ian should grow up, as I know that he has an ulterior motive for acting the way he has. It is plain childish, and now I am sure that he feels by attempting to destroy Collectormania on One Ring Net he is getting his own back. Oh well.

was that u?

Hi everyone,

was that u?

nope wasn't me - so Showmasters are you denying it?

Well you know this is the first time I have heard that anyone was hit and I was hanging out a hell of a lot at the info desk as friends were working there.

exactly, I was working there!

okay there is no point in me being coy about this...whilst at the event on Sunday I heard from 3 sets of people (whilst in line) that we got talking to that this had happened. This was not a game of Chinese whispers on the net after the event - but whilst we were there - if it came from one person i'd have ignored it but as the old saying goes - there is no smoke without fire!!

It now seems very strange that it is now being reported on the net that this happened - it also seems strange that it is the same story every time.

If it has been made up then it's a poor story but let's get the facts right and don't simply dismiss it.