Fan Group Area for GMEX?

edgejedi88

I agree with a changing area for cosplayers. I also like the fanart idea. I think a Potter group would be nice as well as a Final Fantasy group.

A changing area would be ace!

Im glad I am not the only one who doesnt want to parade around half naked while changing in a public cubicle... :uhoh:

It helps keep and build the reality of the costume too for the public and makes their experience more special.

Theres nothing worse than seeing one of your favourite movie stars or cosplayer coming out of a toilet cubicle with their zip down.... :D

I agree with a changing area for cosplayers. I also like the fanart idea. I think a Potter group would be nice as well as a Final Fantasy group.

A changing area would be ace!

Im glad I am not the only one who doesnt want to parade around half naked while changing in a public cubicle...:uhoh:

It helps keep and build the reality of the costume too for the public and makes their experience more special.

Theres nothing worse than seeing one of your favourite movie stars or cosplayer coming out of a toilet cubicle with their zip down.... :D

YES.. Changing rooms are VERY important... I can't stress how IMPORTANT they are...

special.

I so agree. Luckerly I have never had that prob. More often than not I travel in the basic costume/base layer and then add other layers/props/make-up when I get to an event. I have traveled in my elf ears and got some very interesting looks.

special.

I so agree. Luckerly I have never had that prob. More often than not I travel in the basic costume/base layer and then add other layers/props/make-up when I get to an event. I have traveled in my elf ears and got some very interesting looks.

The lack of facilities to change has put me off taking my costumes to Shomasters events before.Iif you have ever seen my LOTR costumes, you'll know they're quite complex and I need my chap to help put them on, that's armour for you :YAHOO: and for some bizarre reason, people don't like big tall chaps in the ladies toilets?! :dance:

I sense a very common theme here....sooooo....

Dear Showmasters - could we have a costume changing area please at events for the many groups and people who visit the events? (where space permits of course):lol:

This would be really appreciated and help us to help Showmasters make the events an even more awesome experience for the public and fans!

We would love you dearly! :angel:

Yours truly,

The Costumers x :yoda:

Edited by edgejedi88

Dear Showmasters - could we have a costume changing area please at events for the many groups and people who visit the events? (where space permits of course);)

This would be really appreciated and help us to help Showmasters make the events an even more awesome experience for the public and fans!

We would love you dearly! :P

Yours truly,

The Costumers x :wub:

*on knees* Pleeeeaaassssseeee SM :wub:

I do love Wrydsister's costumes. It would be a shame if she has to stop wearing them.

Dear Showmasters - could we have a costume changing area please at events for the many groups and people who visit the events? (where space permits of course):YAHOO:

We would love you dearly! :chair:

Yours truly,

The Costumers x :chair:

*on knees* Pleeeeaaassssseeee SM :chair:

I do love Wrydsister's costumes. It would be a shame if she has to stop wearing them.

:YAHOO: thanks Leggolassie...

Seriously though, a changing area would make my life so much simpler :YAHOO:

Edited by wyrdsister

If you need assistance in promoting this idea give us a shout

Hi again Aspen! (or any of the mods/SM staff)

Can you please help point both my group and other groups who are interested in costuming to support SM at events, to the right person who we would need to speak to so we can arrange this please? We have worked (very well) with Waterboy previously as the main contact, but I understand the process has changed recently since the formation of the 'Fan Area'?

Any help appreciated....thanks again for your help! :D

:thumbup:

I think these are cool ideas

I think so too....Im really pleased that SM seem to be really into supporting the fans and their various interests....hope to hear from them here at some point with their thoughts.... :thumbup:

Me Too...

• Showmasters Admin

If you need assistance in promoting this idea give us a shout

Hi again Aspen! (or any of the mods/SM staff)

Can you please help point both my group and other groups who are interested in costuming to support SM at events, to the right person who we would need to speak to so we can arrange this please? We have worked (very well) with Waterboy previously as the main contact, but I understand the process has changed recently since the formation of the 'Fan Area'?

Any help appreciated....thanks again for your help! :thumbup:

:thumbup:

I'd suggest the best thing to do is give them a ring on 01234 752485 to discuss it. Best to ring in the afternoon and leave it a couple of days as they've been out over the New Year.

I'd suggest the best thing to do is give them a ring on 01234 752485 to discuss it. Best to ring in the afternoon and leave it a couple of days as they've been out over the New Year.

Thanks mate - you are a star, as always! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Showmasters - could we have a costume changing area please at events for the many groups and people who visit the events? (where space permits of course) :jason:

We would love you dearly! :jason:

Yours truly,

The Costumers x :jason:

I know the show's been cancelled, but I still think a costumers' area/changing area would be good, and thanks edgejedi88 for trying...although I have asked that question b4 with no joy! http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=17551

Although I campaigned for months for a costume discussion forum and I eventually got it :)... so you never know! we might get a changing area yet?

Edited by wyrdsister

Yeah - its a shame that there is no reply from SM really in either of our threads.

After several calls to the SM office over the last couple of weeks we seem to have drawn the same blank.

Maybe we need to buy a 'dealers' table to get anywhere? :jason:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well i hope that SM bring these people back my family and i reall appreciated these guys and gals at G-Mex my little boy loved having his photos with them all, i defintely support them

Great to know that the public appreciate us being there! :D