Lost Season 3 - Episode 6 Discussion - Last Before Break!

DavidB

• Moderators

LostPoster.jpg

LOST SEASON 3

Episode 6: I Do

Air Date: 08/11/2006 (US)

Synopsis

Jack makes a decision regarding Ben's offer; Kate feels helpless when it looks like Pickett is going to make good on his threat to kill Sawyer; Locke discovers a hidden message that may help unlock the island's secrets.

Trailer Links

ABC Sneak Peek

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index

Episode Photos

http://gallery.lost-media.com/thumbnails.php?album=1196

This next episode is looking good! Id gone off goody two shoes Jack but im starting to like him again in this episode preview! Wonder if anyone else is going to die this episode? :thumbup: Cant believe this will be the last one until february, hope it goes quick! :dance:

• Moderators

Hmm I'm not sure if another death would be overkill right now, and even if it'd have a strong effect considering Eko's was only last episode ... but then it depends what the circumstances are really.

I'd like to see Jack go mental and kill Juliette, then rescue Ben, and lead the Others with him :thumbup:

lol I really want to see Jack go off the rails and kill someone..go slice and dice on Ben. But yeah since last episode he is getting better, getting more of a backbone. Especially liked it when he mentioned the x-rays and Bens face was like "ah crap". But definetly time to see Jack in Thailand with maybe a bit of a dark streak.

And lets have Locke take on the smoke monster as revenge for Eko and if anyone wants to kill the new 2 new guys I'd be ok with that

James

Righty, what the noony nah nah, is going on here.... :P

Echo dead???!!! thing( maybe smoke monster looking like echo's brother but not him)....

Locke and the others next?

Eye patch blokey?

I'm confused!

The thing that confuses me( no, another thing LOL)is why did the Others take Kate and sawyer...I know they want jack for the op, but why the other two? ( They wanted to get the respect of a conman- Sawyer(?))

I was wondering if that smoke thing was taking over bodies and in effect body snatching.

Do you think Ben's comment about Juliette looking like Jack's wife could actually mean that they have been working with cloning?

Hah! well it didn't work, cos I don't think it had crossed Jack's mind that she looked like his wife...

Gawd! I wouldn't trust any of those buggers!

Poo. Lost producers - less is more. We all want Sawyer and Kate to get it on, but it was well cheesy.

Eko's funeral was dreadful, can't believe the great man was laid to rest with those new muppets there. And leaving him out there, what the hell.

It's only Jack and Ben's scenes that are saving this right now.

• Moderators

I tried to view the episode as 'episode 6' rather than as 'finale' type material, and I think it worked.

I know a lot of people had expectations (sometimes TOO high) because of the 'fall finale' tag, but the episode did work for me.

Jack's back! That's all you can say about the situation really. It's worked to bring Jack back as an interesting and intriguing character which is exactly what he should be. I was sick of his whining and moaning and looking sad, and it just pissed me off, so if I take anything out of this first 'block' it will be the rebirth of Jack.

Just like the rebirth of Locke towards the end of season 2 with his 'faith', Jack needs to be someone in a position of power. He's not a weak character, and he needs to carry the show with Locke. Even though the 'love' stuff doesn't work for me, I felt the Kate buildup with Sawyer was necessary to push Jack to where he ended up.

I am looking forward to the 7th episode in February. I'm sure this season will work a lot better once there's no breaks and full throttle, and viewed back on DVD as a whole I'm sure it'll stand up as a great season.

Damn right it will.

Jack's back baby! At last!

I had to go back to season 1, ep 1 to remember the story he told Kate when he was getting stiched up. The one thing I hope though is that the continuation from that cliffhanger is good to go with it. I want action not for the new episode to start and for kate to say "But Jack we are on another Island we can't escape" "Oh never mind then" lol

And what is Jack gonna do, when he stiches Ben back up, what then? He's screwed? Guess I'll have to wait :smile:

Great Episode

Kate and Sawyer had all night to run and now Jack gives them an hour ?

And like Sayer said they are on another island they have know where to go

Don't know who to believe its the biggest mind twist ever !!!!

I wonder if Jorge got Nathan an interview after the last LFCC show ?

Hope so and good luck to them

I really enjoyed this episode.

I like where they seem to be taking Jack's character and Kate's backstory was just a little bit interesting for once. (Liking it had nothing to do with Captain Tightpants Nathen Fillion being it it. No not at all)

I'm wondering what they are planning to do with the two new guys - they've seemed somewhat surplus to requirements thus far...

I'm pleased there wasn't a major cliffhanger though. I feel okay about waiting 'til Feb to see what happens

• Moderators

Kate's backstory was a bit pointless other than the coolness of Nathan and I guess showing her in a favourable light in terms of being able to be 'genuine' and love someone ... but then it makes you wonder does she really love Sawyer or is that the 'con' side of her? Hmm.

I think the new guys so far are simply 'lets have these as a good excuse to recap certain things' kinda characters FOR NOW, until after the break where we'll no doubt get the chance to get to know them a bit more and develop them properly ... hopefully anyway!?

until after the break where we'll no doubt get the chance to get to know them a bit more and develop them properly

Do we have to??? Can't they just dissapear and let us have Hurley, Charlie, and all the rest back??!!

I really liked this episode and I think it was seriously clever of The Others to realize that the trigger to get Jack to do the op was for him to see Sawyer and Kate.

Jack is most definitely back!!!! :YAHOO:

I don't know if Kate really loves Sawyer or even if Sawyer really loves Kate but they work together.

Jack telling Kate to run and that story thing was clever and almost painful because we know she can't. Having said that there must be boats or secret passages somewhere because the Others were on the main island.

I can't believe we have to wait for ages till the next one - maybe I'll have sky by then!!! lol

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if the other's did something to Kate before they put her in the cage along the lines of the sawyer con. It seemed a bit odd to me that she said "I can't leave" when jack said to run, instead of "we can't leave"

Also who is "jacob" Picket mentioned when he said shepherd wasnt on the list.

Is he the guy Benry mentioned when he was captured in s2, as he told locke he was sent for him.

Edited by mattkt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...