In the toilet with Sam Anderson

dufresne

I went with gebes to get his Highlander sword signed by Beatie Edney. They wouldn't let anyone near her during the signing, lest they cut off her head !! But he did get some cool pics, and it made for an interesting little chat ! ANYWAY .... I parted company with Alisdair shortly after this, and nipped to the loo in John Lewis

Sideline : the centre:mk is a shopping mecca, but would an extra khazi or two have been a bad thing ? Am I the only one that struggles to find toilets and cash machines in the "mall", rather than in individual shops and eateries ??

Anyway, I digress - I was on my way to JL's toilets, and noticed Beatie in front of me with a man, approaching their respective throne rooms. They did the "let's continue our conversation whilst blocking both doors" thing (which I hate) and it was only when the man noticed me waiting to enter the toliets and excused himself to Beatie, going in ahead of me, that I noticed it was Sam Anderson.

We had the "oh hi Sam, I'm going to call with you later" conversation, and Sam politely looked forward to it before making his way into the only available cubicle for a number two.

And would you believe it, I needed one myself, and wasn't Sam back out before anyone else, so I inherited his cubicle. This is where our conversation stalled somewhat, and Sam could only ad-lib a "Whoooooa ! Busy day !!", to which I smiled and nodded.

Back in the cubicle, and the moral of the story is - DON'T eat Dharma rice cakes !!! Talk about give that five minutes !!!!

So I used the force to come with him to Alderan, and went on my way .... and who inherits the cubicle from me ?? RUSTY GOFFE ! So help me god !! I opened the cubicle door, and I swear, I nearly fell over the poor fella - "Oh, hi Rusty !!" was all I could manage as I fought back laughter at the prospect of posting this on the forum.

So back at the signing, Sam Anderson became the 5th signature on my poster. Needless to say, Bernard from Lost recognised me from the public toilets. :headscratch:

This chat was a lot better - we talked about his brilliant scene in Forrest Gump, his Happy Days obsessed Gynie from F*R*I*E*N*D*S, and obviously what we reckon will happen this year on THAT island. BTW, it's hardly a spoiler, but the first few eps are focussed on The Others !! Anyway - Sam's a greaty bloke, albeit in need of some All Bran, but his meet (and the rest !) was definitely the guest based highlight of my C10.

waaaay to much info for me i'm afraid - I had already assumed that even celebs have a sh*t, so hardly big news - although you not being able to wait to post it, says more about you than them (sure rusty & sam will both be delighted that you posted). If your interested in the dump I dropped today, let me know, or is it only celeb craps you get off on??......

And the moral of the story is - guests should get rooms in hotels v. close to the centre then they can just nip over the road to save these kinds of embarrassing incidents lol. :D

Guest: "Could you all just excuse me for 10 minutes. I believe I've left the iron on in my hotel room. (To assistant) No, no, I'm quite capable of going across and switching my own iron off, thank you. Really."

Problem solved!

:D:lol:

thats funny, i was going to post a similary too much information post. I was quite bored killing time at one point and wondered if the guests went to the 'regular' loos with everyone else, or if they had a private one or something.

and now i know!

It has been my pleasure on a number of occassions to stand side by side by various celebs at the local conveniences during a convention / signing event (most recently next to Roddy Piper!), however, I don't recall having the opportunity to have pulled up a chair for a number two next to one that I can recall, so can only imagine the joy it must have brought to young Mr Dufresne's face as he comtemplated their daily fibre intake !