My 2nd Collectormania/convention

Haimer

Thanks to my best mate Dacombe [also known on here as alien vs predator] I am attending Collectormania 10! I loved it last time and it was good to go around with Dacombe showing me around. The trouble is there are alot of geusts I wouldn't mind getting and as everyone says not enough money :wub: So could you help me decide who's to get and help me cos I'm really stuck and it's less than 2 weeks away!!

I am definately getting Lance Henrikson to keep up with my Aliens collection[Only got 2 from CM9]

I am most likely getting David Wenham as I'm a big fan of LoTR as I am with Aliens but believe the queue will be immense so hopefully I'll get to see him cos I want his auto.

Now comes the ker-fuffle.

I'm not sure wether to:

Get Yaphet Kotte [Parker from Alien] who costs £20 [which I personally think is quite expensive in comparison to some of the others.] And then spend my money elsewhere [i.e comics and memoirbelia and figures]

or

Get Amber Benson [buffy is probably my 2nd favourite tv series of all time, after X-Files] who is a cheaper £15 but then I'd be tempted to get Juliet Landau aswell but Drusilla wasnt as big a role as Tara and both are same price.

or

Spend the rest of my hard earned cash on film figurines and try and get my Aliens collection higher with an assortment of stuff.

Those that have met any of the people I'm not sure about or have an opinion wether it's too pricy or should be spent elsewhere - please do post!:)

And if I don't speak to you before then have a good Collectormania and if you see a teenager with a Mohican then feel free to say Hi!

Thank you very much, Craig // Haimer

• Moderators

It all depends on how big a fan you are really :wub:

I think if you want to meet people then it's best to put that as a priority because merchandise is always going to be around, and you can always get that for Christmas or Birthday or at a future event when there's less people you want to see!

You can never guarantee when a guest will return, if at all, or even if you'll be able to get to that event so often it's worth getting them while you can .. if that makes sense :D

BUT if you're not overly bothered about missing them, and you'd be happier getting other stuff then go for it!

Whatever happens just have fun :clap:

Oh and for the record Amber is one of the nicest and friendliest guests I've ever met! I'm sure anyone who has met her would recommend seeing her.

Edited by DavidB

i'm looking forward to meeting amber as i have heard she is great. if she can beat iyari limon then she's the nicest person ever.

as for your dilemma - i'd choose meeting the guest over merchandise anyday. you can get the merchandise any time (usually anyway), you never know when you might meet someone who played a part in favouriote tv show or film you like. even if it is a minor star, like i'd choose getting linsday crouse autograph over getting something buffy related that i could buy on line or something.

i am most looking forward to amber benson - and then william daniels - so long have i wanted someone from BOY MEETS WORLD!! haha. i hope theres more to come.

anyway, sure you dont care what i think about that.

I'm actually sure that Amber Benson turned up for one show when she was all flued up, so it just shows the dedication she has to meeting her fans :D

Either that or she hates them and wants to infect them :P

:P actually, as I do recall she was spontaneously snogging the faces off of everyone who came to meet her :P

Ah, the memories. ;) SM should make that an extra feature, like the photoshoots.

Hi Craig!

I've found in the past that many of the stalls have websites, so you could always take note of them and peruse them at your leisure when you have more money :P Also, as some of the guys have already said, most of the stall-holders tend to come to most events, so you could hopefully buy from them at GMEX or another Collectormania.

Therefore I'd personally choose the guests, as you can never tell when/whether they'll do another signing in the (near) future.

Either way, hope you have a great time! :D

Laura x

I'm actually sure that Amber Benson turned up for one show when she was all flued up, so it just shows the dedication she has to meeting her fans :dance:

Either that or she hates them and wants to infect them :P

:P actually, as I do recall she was spontaneously snogging the faces off of everyone who came to meet her ;)

do i have to pay extra for this??? :dance:

• Showmasters Admin

do i have to pay extra for this??? ;)

I think you just have to fight everyone else for it ;)

Not me. Sarah would kill me ;)

PS: I've already met her. She's very nice :dance:

Edited by Too Tall

:cheesface: Hey haimer. I probably won't be meeting Yaphet, I don't really want to pay £20, so will only be meeting Lance Henriksen and maybe Adam Baldwin and Marcia Wallace. Not sure what days Richard Brooker (Jason Vorhees) is going to be there, but I will be meeting him if he's there on Saturday.

By the sounds of it, Amber sounds like a really good guest to meet so it'll probably be worth meeting her.

Hopefully there will be loadsa cheap Aliens and Predator stuff there like last time so you might have a bit more to spend on guests anyway. It would be so cool to get an alien or predator standee for a fiver like the Jason ones we got ;)

It all depends on how big a fan you are really :smile:

I think if you want to meet people then it's best to put that as a priority because merchandise is always going to be around, and you can always get that for Christmas or Birthday or at a future event when there's less people you want to see!

You can never guarantee when a guest will return, if at all, or even if you'll be able to get to that event so often it's worth getting them while you can .. if that makes sense :P

BUT if you're not overly bothered about missing them, and you'd be happier getting other stuff then go for it!

Whatever happens just have fun :(

Oh and for the record Amber is one of the nicest and friendliest guests I've ever met! I'm sure anyone who has met her would recommend seeing her.

Agreement here, Amber is just so nice it would be a shame to miss her

Well ive heard by loads of people that Amber is amazing. IM going to see her... :YAHOO::dance: but also Juliet is supposed to be very nice. Im meeting her too :chair: As some have said, most of the stuff you can be will be there at every other convention you may attend. You should grab the stars autos as you can, because you never know they may never do another one again. Good luck in your decision. :chair: