Kurt Angle released

rickyparty

Angle released

Aug. 25, 2006

Due to personal issues, Kurt Angle has been granted an early release from his contract. WWE looks forward to establishing a new relationship with Kurt in the near future.

The only Olympic gold medalist in WWE history, Kurt Angle arrived in 1999 and quickly became one of the most decorated champions in sports-entertainment history. "The Wrestling Machine" is not only a six-time World Champion, but also held the Intercontinental Championship and WWE Tag Team Championship; he also won the 2000 King of the Ring tournament. Recently joining ECW, Angle’s unmatched intensity was rivaled only by his technical and athletic in-ring prowess.

From WWE.com

Shocking :blink:

• Moderators

Apparently he wanted his release - not being happy with being on ECW, and knowing he's pretty messed up from his personal life (wife, drugs, etc) he's best off getting out now while he can. He's always been a proud guy, wanting to continue to perform no matter what but I doubt he wants to carry on as a wreck. Best thing to do is take some time off to sort himself out, and then come back to carry on. I hope anyway.

Apparently he wanted his release - not being happy with being on ECW, and knowing he's pretty messed up from his personal life (wife, drugs, etc) he's best off getting out now while he can. He's always been a proud guy, wanting to continue to perform no matter what but I doubt he wants to carry on as a wreck. Best thing to do is take some time off to sort himself out, and then come back to carry on. I hope anyway.

I think he was out of control, and in light of the Eddie situation and continued drug links to wrestling, the WWE let Angle walk away while he still can.

His nerves are so damaged his left arm shrunk, he has 50% strength in one arm and 30% in another, he would have killed himself on his feet if he carried on...

He has surely cut his lifespan by a third at least, its best he leaves wrestling for good.

Thank you for the memories Kurt, you were awesome.

I think the fans need to let him know that, and that he doesnt need to carry on - he already has legendary status.

From Lords Of Pain

Kurt Angle attributed his WWE departure, which he calls a mutual decision, to a need to heal his various injuries.

I need my body to reheal and rehab, I have done this for too long without a break. I haven’t been able to really enjoy my life. I haven’t seen my family, I’ve had problems with medication - I’m just fried physically and mentally," he tells WWE.com.

According to Kurt's manager David Hawk, Angle does not want to wrestle until he can do so without dependence on pain killers.

But when he does improve his mental and physical state, Angle says the door will be open for a WWE return.

“Vince says when I’m ready, if I’m ever ready, to come back just sign on the dotted line. I’ll tell you if I do return I’m going back to my roots, training on the mat like my amateur days. Longevity is the key," says Angle.