NEW DR WHO ASSISTANT ANNOUNCED

yeltz-lass

actually, i think the press report says that she's not in the christmas episode - they've summat else lined up for that.... ? at least i think i read that in it?

but hey, agree with AP - we can give her a chance :huh::D

just hope it doesn't seriously backfire :P

actually, i think the press report says that she's not in the christmas episode - they've summat else lined up for that.... ? at least i think i read that in it?

maybe they will keep billie till then? or maybe its gonna be a one off story with otu a companion:O?

this is from the press release linked above, its the 5th paragraph above where david tennant's name is in bold:

"Martha won't be featured in this year's Christmas special; we've got another surprise in store for that."

doesn't look like billie, unless she doesn't die this time, so maybe its an old assistant comin back for an episode?

I'm going to miss Billie Piper a great deal, but Freema was great in Army of Ghosts. Pretty, young and charismatic. I can easily see her being a good companion. Not sure about the name Martha, but I guess we'll find out. Looks like the "surprise" for the Christmas special is Catherine Tate. I look forward to it. This series has been excellent, really built on the foundations of last series. I hope they can continue that momentum.