To those of you that went to the Elijah talk today...

i went with my friend, its all bit of a blur now he was asked about flipper lol! and spoke about swimming with dolphins and pranks they played on LOTR set, something about making poo with dominic :( he was really lovely and funny

He talked about his upcoming movies and told us how interested he is in all kind of music. He would love to meet John Lennon for example - he is a huge Beatles fan and a huge jazz and blues fan.

Edited by jos

He also said about how cool it was to be a computer game character / action figure as he was the type of guy who likes to collect things and now he could collect himself...

When asked 'what is the weirdest fan experience you've had' he said that one fan turned up at his house on Christmas Day! He said he turned him away politely but that that was a bit inappropriate.

He was asked which was his most embarrassing role and he said that maybe Flipper as he was just young - but then again he got to swim with dolphins so you have to always look on the positive.

He was asked about sport & football (re Green Street) and said he hasn't been following the football really as he really didn't *like* football and he doesn't really do sports.

He talked about 'Bobby' and how he was probably more interested in JFK before filming it but that it's basically scenes from the day the Bobby Kennedy died in the hotel, so from different points of view and stuff, it sounded cool. It also talked about Day Zero - a film about some friends from the same town that get drafted and how they deal with that in the week before they leave. He talked about a french film he's done, hang on let me imdb...Paris, j'taime - which sounded really cool, it's a series of shorts all set in Paris, I can't really remember what he said but it sounded good.

There was more but I hope that helps as I can't really remember any more!

There was more but I hope that helps as I can't really remember any more!

You remembered some stuff I'd forgotten. Here's a little more -

Someone asked whether he remembered the dance in North and if so could he do it. Elijah said gthat he didn't remember but called the girl up on the stage to show it how it went an then he joined in. It was pretty cute.

He was asked what period of history he would like to make a movie about, and he mentioned that although he couldn't play any of the artists himself, he would like to make a movie about the birth of the blues - for instance something about Robert Johnson - or maybe a film about the birth of Jazz. He said the early

th century appealed to him as a time in history because of the music.

When asked which 3 people alive or dead he would most like to meet he listed John Lennon, Muddy Waters and Kurt Cobain.

He also talked about the movie Happy Feet, an animated movie in which he voices a tap-dancing penguin named Mumbles. Mumbles is an outsider because he can't sing, and Emperor penguins find their mates through song.

A young lad asked how long Return of the King took to film and so Elijah spoke for a while about the films being shot back to back and abotu being called back for pick-ups. He was also asked which scene in the trilogy was the most demanding, and he mentioned the scene on the side of Mount Doom, and how early in the shoot he and Sean did that scene.

Someone asked which film other than the LOTR triolgy was the most demanding on him as an actor, and he mentioned the Ice Storm as it was such an "actors film", and the new movie Day Zero.

He had a couple of questions about working in London and whether he had any plans to come back there. He said he was staying in London for a few days and seeing friends and that although he had no plans to come back and film in the future he would be back someday soon.

A lady who had been to Wellington asked him about his favourite spots there and he mentioned a few bnars and cafe's, including Fidel's in Cuba Street. He said that Wellington became home for the cast and that within a week you felt as though you knew everyone there as it was such a small place. He joked that it wouldn't be much fun to go out with someone there because if you broke up you'd still see them every day.

That's all I have.

hi, i was the dancing girl :dance: i just want to know if anyone took pictures of me and elijah, if so could you post a link to them please i'd really appreciate it :huh:

considering he was jet-lagged i think he did an excellent job of answering everyone's questions he was funny and informative, a great guest .

hi, i was the dancing girl :wub: i just want to know if anyone took pictures of me and elijah, if so could you post a link to them please i'd really appreciate it :D

considering he was jet-lagged i think he did an excellent job of answering everyone's questions he was funny and informative, a great guest .

Go you!!! That was a really cute moment.

No mention of Lindsay Lohan, Charisma.

:P

I am not one to complain but I went to the Sunday talk and was sitting in the back, firstly the sound from the speakers were being drowned out by the War of the worlds music. This made it hard to concentrate on what he was saying, which then spoilt the talk, some people even walked out. Therefore, next time I am going to fight my way to the front or bring my grandma's ear trumpet, either way the sound for the people at the back should be re-considered and improved. :D

other than that hes a top bloke.....

hi, i was the dancing girl :P i just want to know if anyone took pictures of me and elijah, if so could you post a link to them please i'd really appreciate it :huh:

Hi, I *did* but they weren't really any good, a bit too blurry. If you want though I can have a go at them and see if I can make them any better? I guess any 'photographic evidence' of it *is* better than none, so if you don't get any others give me a shout.

Oh and no problem lost.in.translation, it was kind of useful trying to remember it all for myself anyway!

Thank you timpe and clairefun for filling me in on how his talk went :)

You're very welcome.

I remembered another question - someone asked whether his fans in the UK were better than his fans anywhere else. Elijah answered that they have better accents!

hi, i was the dancing girl :wub: i just want to know if anyone took pictures of me and elijah, if so could you post a link to them please i'd really appreciate it :o

Hi, I *did* but they weren't really any good, a bit too blurry. If you want though I can have a go at them and see if I can make them any better? I guess any 'photographic evidence' of it *is* better than none, so if you don't get any others give me a shout.

Oh and no problem lost.in.translation, it was kind of useful trying to remember it all for myself anyway!

oh thx yeah most of my pics were blurry of other talks too. it's ok i have 3 pics from a very nice couple so you don't have to go to any bother thank you anyway though :) :o

hi, i was the dancing girl :blink: i just want to know if anyone took pictures of me and elijah, if so could you post a link to them please i'd really appreciate it :P

I took a picture, though I didn't think of using the zoom, so you are a bit far away and Elijah is with his back to me. Anyway here it is: Dancing

hi, i was the dancing girl :dance: i just want to know if anyone took pictures of me and elijah, if so could you post a link to them please i'd really appreciate it :D

Samantha!! absolutely briliant!! I remeber all of it!! how much were you dying inside when Elijah asked you to come and do the dance onstage!! but the comeback 'i'll come up and dance 'WITH' you was well recovered!! man I was so jealous when you got to hug him!!!!! I wanted to ask a question, but I looked proper haggered we'd just been trudging between sunbathing in parks waiting for the talk time, and thought it wise not to go up with mud on my dress and grass in my hair, not to mention I would have been hella nervous, with all those people!! well done :) kxxx

• 2 weeks later...

hi, i was the dancing girl :thumbup: i just want to know if anyone took pictures of me and elijah, if so could you post a link to them please i'd really appreciate it :o

Samantha!! absolutely briliant!! I remeber all of it!! how much were you dying inside when Elijah asked you to come and do the dance onstage!! but the comeback 'i'll come up and dance 'WITH' you was well recovered!! man I was so jealous when you got to hug him!!!!! I wanted to ask a question, but I looked proper haggered we'd just been trudging between sunbathing in parks waiting for the talk time, and thought it wise not to go up with mud on my dress and grass in my hair, not to mention I would have been hella nervous, with all those people!! well done :) kxxx

first of all thank you satchel pooch! hehe

and to answer your question katey, inside i was dying quite a lot, my face must have been bright red haha.

I don't know what came over me i'm not usually that cheeky , i blame the heat! I was shaking when i went up but as long as i didn't look at all the crowd it was fine, i just looked at elijah who had a smirk on his face, evil man! :o

well i'm glad i could give you a laugh in your haggered state, i was knackered too after walking for hours on end and sitting on the cold floor with dead legs but it's all part of the experience i suppose :)

anyway thanks for your kind words it makes me feel slightly less like a huge buffoon heheeee.

Oh my gosh Samntha your reply just made me laugh at loud!!!!

By no means did you look embarassed by anything that you were doing, which made me jealous, but to hear you say you were dying a million deaths inside makes me feel a bit better!! :) And I can just imagine exactly which look Elijah was giving you, and he was doing it on purpose!!!! lol!!!! And the fact you even remeber 'North' makes me respect you immensley!!! My first encounter was a 'Huck Finn' advertisement on my 'Little Mermaid' video when I was 8, then I was hooked!! I appreciate your love for the old school Elijah!!! Elijah is so cute I love him to death!! :)

Just think, he will remember the 'North' dance FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

hi, i was the dancing girl :YAHOO: i just want to know if anyone took pictures of me and elijah, if so could you post a link to them please i'd really appreciate it :YAHOO:

How did you know that dance anyway? Anmd weren't you embarrassed?