Advanced Tickets

SciFiMAD

true :P

but then, asking questions that are already answered in at least 2 threads (FAQ and ticket queries) and would be appropriate in either only helps to burden the board with too many threads :P

which then doesn't help anyone else find an answer :D

question - how does Too Tall get the snapback things into his sig for reffering to the FAQ's?

i can't get the http thing to work?

Because Too Tall's the boss and not you? ;);)

irritatingly, that's probably accurate :P

ahh well, i can leave it with the link there anyway... ;)

Thanks for the answer

Well if the FAQ was not so long people might read it, just a thought, yes is does cover every thing but how many people read a long thread like that on a forums. No one i know would

excuse you me - a LOT of people have had the sense to do so.

not only that, if you look at it, ITS BROKEN INTO SECTIONS.

so you can actually find what you're looking for.

something people need to learn :huh:

Well if the FAQ was not so long people might read it, just a thought, yes is does cover every thing but how many people read a long thread like that on a forums. No one i know would

Oh the youth of today and their demand for instant gratification... ;)

Do you wander into your local library and complain that the Encyclopedia Brittanica is just too big?

The FAQ is a distillation of years of knowledge, hundreds, nay thousands (many of them bloody repeats) of posts and the collective experience and brainpower of scores of people, lovingly tended (without charge) by a decent and long-suffering gentleman. It is perhaps a gastronomic feast of information rather than a quick fix for the "yes, I would like fries with that" generation, but it has been carefully and fairly logically split into sections, and each of those is effectively indexed in a "list of contents" way. People who think that they have to read the whole FAQ just to find the answer to one question probably also think that if they want to know what dilettante means they have to start reading the dictionary at "A" and work all the way through word by word until they get part-way through the "D"'s...

Actually to answer the question asked in the title and subtitle of your thread, which indeed may not be covered by the FAQ: to the address that you gave SM. ("Advanced Tickets - Where are they due to be sent out?")

:P

And now, as a service to those readers with a shorter attention span than usual, and to take some of the weight from Too Tall, may I present:

The draft FAQ for SciFiMAD and those of that ilk.

Welcome to the condensed FAQ for those of you who think the main FAQ is too big.

The answer is 42.

Cheerio.

:unsure:

The draft FAQ for SciFiMAD and those of that ilk.

Welcome to the condensed FAQ for those of you who think the main FAQ is too big.

The answer is 42.

Cheerio.

:P

:unsure:

on a more serious note, there IS a thread entitled Ticket queries, in this very section, and its for people to post their questions.

I'd estimate a good quarter of the thread is repeats.

(tommy - cheers for a much wittier answer, i'm in no mood to suffer fools lightly :P;) )

Oh the youth of today and their demand for instant gratification... :D

I am 56 thank you so the "youth of today"????

And the reason why i pointed out the lengh of the HOLY FAQ is that screen readers go mad over large amount of text on a screen at once, which i need to beable to use a computer.

You see the all mightly FAQ is no good if you are practially blind. I do think that some people on hear i too quick to judge people.

I see DavidB is about the only person with any common sense on hear telling people to "chill" with the replies.

This forum used to be a great place where people were more then happy to answer any questions with out making remakes. But i see all is changing.

Edited by SciFiMAD

Oh the youth of today and their demand for instant gratification... :D

I am 56 thank you so the "youth of today"????

I was going by the fact that your profile lists a 1984 date of birth. I hope you understand my error.

And the reason why i pointed out the lengh of the HOLY FAQ is that screen readers go mad over large amount of text on a screen at once, which i need to beable to use a computer.

In your case I apologise. Incidentally, if the problem is the amount of text on screen at one time, would it help if the FAQ were laid out so that "table of contents" questions had a line between each question, which would reduce the amount of text on the screen at any one time? Not being facetious, I've just never had to use the software.

As for the comments, it's a reaction to the wearing fact that a number of people have no good excuse other than laziness for not reading a helpful document, and will even sometimes profess as much. (Obviously not true in your case, for which I again apologise).

The absolute nadir of this recently has been a couple of cases where somebody has started a thread by asking a question (which is already answered in the FAQ), had an answer ot two posted, and then somebody else has come along, said, "I can't be bothered to read the stuff that's already been posted here" and then asks the same original question again! It does tend to make some of us cranky...

• Showmasters Admin

Please see my responce >>HERE<<

Apolagies that the FAQ is not so readable for you. I've tried to make it as readable as possible and also have it cover as many questions as I can. It's a hard balance to keep.