FLOOR PLANS?

v83

Hi!

I was just wondering if there was any chance of a floor plan being posted so we know where guests will be sitting and photo session will take place etc?

Just a thought as it's not always clear when you get in there where things are. :unsure:

V

unlikely, as SM may not know until the day where exactly any particular guest is going to be sitting. i don't think its been done before, either.

reason for SM not knowing where guests are sitting could be that any guest may cancel, right up until the day itself, so layouts can only really be finalised on the day.

just my thoughts.

• Showmasters Admin

This has not been done for any previous SM event so I'd be very surprised if it happened this time.

The best thing to do is talk to the crew members that will outside the doors before you come in. They'll know where the main things are.

Edited by Too Tall

From last years experience and if TooTall wants to correct me thats fine didnt they have the guests right at the back of the venue but they only used about half. and then the talks were to the right of that i think and the stalls were all scattered around

• Showmasters Admin

That's right and it's likely to be the same this time. I just don't want to confirm anything as I know SM are having thoughts about the layout (mainly due to the queues for Elijah and Carrie) so it "may" change this time. That's why I've suggested people ask at the doors.

• Showmasters Admin

You have far "Too" much time on your hands, but quite an artist I must say - can you print it off and sign it for me please. Maybe worth £1000s in 20 Years!!!

It's only took 3-4 minutes in MS paint, but thanks :lol:

This is basically what LFCC3 looked like. There is no guarantee that LFCC4 will be the same though.

LFCC.jpg

ooo very goood! whats the 'org booth'?

so basically if the layout is similar when ya get ther you just gotta leg it past all the stalls to back of room to get tickets for talks and that. god im prob gonna get squished lol come out looking like ... :lol:

1. Org Booth = Organisers booth. The point in which you go to if you have queries, and picking up various tickets for talks (if thats where youve been instructed to go)

2. No need to run past the dealers ;) Otherwise you will miss the bargins which I will buy :lol:

A

• Showmasters Admin

Alx is right the org booth is the organisers booth. It's not been confirmed yet if the talk tickets will be given out there as at G-Mex it was found that the org booth was over run because of it, so a table was set up for giving them out at back of the hall, until the rush was over then they went back to the org booth.

At present I don't know where the talk tickets will be given out. As I've said to others the best thing to do is try and grab a crew member outside before you go in.

You will need to go to the back of the hall to get your VTs though.

Well at least TooTall has sort of summed up what might happen now because of Carrie and Elijah

That's the thing, I know that SM have some changes in mind because of their queues so it may well change from last year. But my guess is it'll be pretty much the same just with special queuing system set up either side of the guest area for Elijah and Carrie.

This is basically what LFCC3 looked like. There is no guarantee that LFCC4 will be the same though.

LFCC.jpg

:D The entire place is about 112 yards across. The actual hall can't be more than 100 yards across at most, given the rooms on either side.

How can 25-30 guests with room for ques and all fit in to that little space? :P

• Showmasters Admin

We did fine last year.

Also even if you only use just over half, lets say 60 yards. That's 180 feet. Between 30 guests that's 6 feet each. That's about right for a signing desk!

The room in front of the guests is for queuing.

Edited by Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

Too Tall nice floor plan weren't the Blake 7 reunion alongside the front near the org booth or was that the year before .

I think they were, but as they aren't going to be there this year I wasn't worried about added that in :(

Too Tall you rule!!!

Cheers :WINCE:

Too Tall nice floor plan weren't the Blake 7 reunion alongside the front near the org booth or was that the year before .

I think they were, but as they aren't going to be there this year I wasn't worried about added that in :(

Too Tall you rule!!!

Cheers :WINCE:

They could use it for all the Who guests