Star Trek: Legacy for XBox 360 and PC

Colonel Jack O'Neill

ah, i forgot about this one...

Bethesda, same ppl as made the Elder Scrolls series, as well as a lot of other games, i believe?

there was a rumour that they were considerin gettin patrick stewart to do a star-trek-type log thing at the intro, but if this was true, it never materialised - thankfully. it was supposedly considered for marketing/advertising of both games i think...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

right, just watched Legacy trailer, and i have to say, i'm extremely disappointed.

if the ships in the final version look quite so blocky, i'll just hoke out starfleet acadamey - the ships looked better, in my opinion. i expect a LOT more from current games than i did from the older games, yet the older games seem to have the best graphics detail-wise - though i won't deny the effects look rather good.

oh, and tactical assault is only for the DS and PSP.

I saw that trailer along with other videos before I started this thread and I dont think it does the gameplay justice because if you watch the Wrath of Khan video and Attack on DS9 video which is of someone actually playing the game it looks alot better.

It is also worth remembering that it is still work in progress so between now and November/December it could improve even more and turn out to be the best Trek Space Sim ever.

true. plus there's no absolute release date - i checked the forums, and they're talkin about some sites sayin 26 sept and others sayin october (this year.)

but i know from Oblivion, which came out in march, that bethesda like to keep quiet on dates to make sure the game is finished adequately - Oblivion was bein marked by websites as oct/nov last year, if i recall, and ended up bein march this year.

though bethesda are also known for buggy games, and it took a while for the beta patch for oblivion to come out, and now since i installed their final patch my game is in fact goin slower than ever... :YAHOO:

oh, and i think they typically test games on PCs with ATI graphics - so they're not necessarily optimised for NVidia (Oblivion is extremely problematic on NVidia, apparently)

just watched those vids you linked to now - hell yes, those look cool.

only problem i have with them is that they're on the xbox360... can't help feeling that i'll either need to get one of those to play it, or else an uber-pc... :poki:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Shatner To Return As Capt. Kirk -- In Video Game

Forty years after first appearing in the original Star Trek TV series, William Shatner will again play the role of Captain James T. Kirk for the video game Star Trek: Legacy, due to be released in October. According to a press release from Bethesda Softworks, the game will span all of the franchise's series and also feature the voices of Patrick Stewart (Star Trek: The Next Generation), Avery Brooks (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine), Kate Mulgrew (Star Trek: Voyager), and Scott Bakula (Star Trek: Enterprise). The press release noted that the game will allow players to test their "strategic and tactical skills in real-time combat featuring over 60 authentic spaceships, full damage modeling, and spectacular visual effects." It can be played by one player "or in the extensive multiplayer mode with a group of friends online."

(source: imdb.com)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Where the heck did you get your special copies from??!! (My emails in my profile!)

Was looking everywhere for it up till last week, but none of my usual haunts had it, so figured the hell with it and got parents to order it for me for xmas..1st bought game in years lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Might be different with the 360 version, but how the HECK do you do the mission with the asteroids?!!

I got as far as there, and kept failing over and over and over and cant seem to do it quick enough before one of the planets gets destroyed..best ive been able to do is get to the 'destroy the big rock' stage (2nd time) but as soon as I start the final attack, it hits a planet!!

At that point I gave up and havnt been back to it for about 2 weeks now!

I figured having fastish ships would help, so ive got an akula class destroyer from TOS era, 2 constitution refit's and the stargazer..2 speed, 2 firepower and speed!

If my copy of medievil total war 2 arrives soon, I fear I may not go back to legacy for months!!

Im up to that bit, i've been trying but i just cant make it in time, or the ships just bugger off when left alone and target ones far away and totally miss ones that are close to it, as for ships i use Apollo Refits as they are fast and Pluse Phasers seem to breeze though the fragments