c,mon guys,whats goin on

indio

on saturday 27th may. eli wallach was at the n.f.i. doing a stage interview in london. i know he is 90 years old but is in good shape. security turned about 30 of us away. before we could get any chance to meet him. but it dosent take away the fact that he is a great signer and loves his fans and im sorry to say that there is no excuse for him not coming to autographica unless he ofcourse he has other plans or simply wishes not to which i know from speaking to him a while back he said he would like too, so come on guys stop getting all these repeat guests and bring a real star. please.

Eli has done signings in America in the past 12 months and has a book due out this year. I have met him twice and found him both times to enjoy signing and is appreciative of his fans. I would certainly welcome him at autographica :P To me he is one of the few legendary actors from that generation that are still alive

Edited by sydney_bristow

on saturday 27th may. eli wallach was at the n.f.i. doing a stage interview in london. i know he is 90 years old but is in good shape. security turned about 30 of us away. before we could get any chance to meet him. but it dosent take away the fact that he is a great signer and loves his fans and im sorry to say that there is no excuse for him not coming to autographica unless he ofcourse he has other plans or simply wishes not to which i know from speaking to him a while back he said he would like too, so come on guys stop getting all these repeat guests and bring a real star. please.

Eli is very fan friendly and loves to hear from his fans. I have several signed photos he has sent to me along with a couple of handwritten letters from him. He would have been a great addition to the Autographica lineup.

Eli walach would of been perfect for this event. Managed to get his autograph at the nft. Even thou the jackboots were about threatening everybody. Eli seemed not worried about signing. Gave a great interview on stage and i agree this type of event would of been perfect. Clint Eastwood anyone !???? if only

Eli would be very well suited for Autographica. He's been suggested before on here and the fact that he's here at about the same time. If he's gone back to US then lets hope they'll get him next time. I know a lot of us REALLY want Autographica to get some more of these older greats from film history.

mickey rooney is still here i believe :dance:

Yes he was on tv today and was great.

But his two week UK tour includes two dates in Shrewsbury and Leeds on the dates of Autographica. So they almost certainly won't get him this time unfortunately.

I'd very much like them to get him for next time though. He's a big fan of the UK and has done US signing shows.

a message for gazadams. exactly what time did you get eli,s autograph at on saturday.from what i heard he only did the stage interview

Apparently a few people got on the way out, Eli was lovely, but the hideous security man did his very best to stop him doing it

I agree with many of the posts above, a guest like Eli Wallach would have been excellent for an event like Autographica.

A guest like this is ideal for this type of show, rather than a Collectormania style event.

However, not all guests want to attend this sort of show, some of the older actors don't like to charge for their autograph for example.

Whether Eli was contacted about the show or not, he is a good guide to the type of guest that a lot of people would like to see at the show in the future.

However, not all guests want to attend this sort of show, some of the older actors don't like to charge for their autograph for example.

He has done a signing show before in the states.

Did he charge though ?

I know he did something similar as to at the NFT, and he signed after.

Did he charge though ?

I know he did something similar as to at the NFT, and he signed after.

No idea Jon. I know what you meen though, some stars wont do signing shows where fans have to pay for their signatures.

I'll send him another letter and ask, that will get the answer :D