never been london will need help please

hi everyone

It george guy here and I'm going to be coming to London fair but arrive in london on the friday but never been before and will be losted if travel anywhere far and not sure of a cheap hotel to stay in which can be good and easy access to travel to and from the fair sat morning

so if anyone can help I'm after the following from people

one hotels rooms cheapest as poss near or closer to the fair

two maps and guides around london never been before

three travel details to the fair from the hotel I choose to stay at

anyone can please urgently message back need to meet ELIJAN WOOD

B)

• Showmasters Admin

One: If you look at this >>Section<< of the FAQ you'll see info on hotels.

Two: There are too many guides and map of London. What are you looking for? A guide/map to all of London or just the area were the show (fair) is?

Three: Can't help until you tell us which hotel you're going to stay at. The Ibis is one of the best as it is right across the street from the show.

hi just rebooked in the hotel you reccommend to me which is walk across the road from the dair becuase that the area I'm looking to stay in becuase don't know london but end day it's best just stay in and around the fair I think becuase not fully know places and people which main reason plus is there going to be anythink special celebrations of the fair on the sat night if so where ect and then anyone know

The best close hostel is The Globetrotter Inn in Stamford Brook on the District Line...it's only 5 stops at 15 minutes on The London Underground from Earls Court...This will help you with the London Underground:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/

I used to live at this hostel for about 9 months last year. Highly recommended at about £17 a night as opposed to a proper hotel that is £40+ per night. It's where I will be staying again (and saving money).

http://www.globetrotterinns.com/index.php

Face it, you guys will end up buying Tube passes anway (accomodation right outside isn't that important, surly?) so why not use them getting to and from the the con and hostel?

Edited by nicky

Yeah, I'm actually not from London either, but I'm hoping if you could tell me how far away Jury's Hotel is from the con? I don't know if there's a more precise name to it, but I'll have to ask my brother.

Thanks.

948030[/snapback]

Not many people are from around there so you're best off trying multimap for the postcode directions.

how far away Jury's Hotel is from the con? I don't know if there's a more precise name to it, but I'll have to ask my brother.Thanks.

948030[/snapback]

If you mean the Jurys Hotel Kensignton it;s about 15 mins by Tube.

how far away Jury's Hotel is from the con? I don't know if there's a more precise name to it, but I'll have to ask my brother.Thanks.

948030[/snapback]

948215[/snapback]

That sounds a bit familiar yeah, I'll ask him when he gets back. What's a Tube Pass? is the tube expensive? or just pittence?

I also see here on a site too tall gave me for Earl's Court... it gives two different stations for the Tube. One for Earls Court One anfdthe other's for Earls Court 2. Are they not just downstairs and upstairs? Or is there 2 different places? Or is it even just that one brings you round to a different side of Earl's Court?

• Showmasters Admin

948030[/snapback]

948215[/snapback]

That sounds a bit familiar yeah, I'll ask him when he gets back. What's a Tube Pass? is the tube expensive? or just pittence?

948239[/snapback]

For an all day Tube pass it's about £5.50. A single will be about £2.

I also see here on a site too tall gave me for Earl's Court... it gives two different stations for the Tube. One for Earls Court One anfdthe other's for Earls Court 2. Are they not just downstairs and upstairs? Or is there 2 different places? Or is it even just that one brings you round to a different side of Earl's Court?

948254[/snapback]

Earls Court 1 and 2 are different buildings next to each other. They're about 300 yards apart. There is one tube station closer to the entrance of EC1 and another closer to the entrance of EC2.

There're very good tube directions in my FAQ.

948030[/snapback]

948215[/snapback]

948239[/snapback]

For an all day Tube pass it's about £5.50. A single will be about £2.

948254[/snapback]

Earls Court 1 and 2 are different buildings next to each other. They're about 300 yards apart. There is one tube station closer to the entrance of EC1 and another closer to the entrance of EC2.

There're very good tube directions in my FAQ.

948355[/snapback]

Is King Cross easy than the Barbican (as work has two flats)

• Showmasters Admin
Face it, you guys will end up buying Tube passes anway (accomodation right outside isn't that important, surly?) so why not use them getting to and from the the con and hostel?

948125[/snapback]

Personally I'd rather just pay the little extra to stay closer. That way you're only got a 3 minute walk to the event at stupid o'clock in the morning and don't have to worry about tubes.

Also it means I'm in the hotel with most of the other con goers. A: I don't have to think about leaving early because the tube will stop soon. B: Once things do wind down at ?am in the morning, I just wonder up stairs, I don't have to worry about paying £15+ to get a taxi back to my hotel/hostel because the tube isn't running any more.

• Showmasters Admin

948361[/snapback]

Kings cross is a bit easier - You'd just take the Piccadilly line straight to Earls Court.

Barbican you'd have to take the tube 2 stops north/west to Kings cross before getting on the Piccadilly line train.

948361[/snapback]

Kings cross is a bit easier - You'd just take the Piccadilly line straight to Earls Court.

Barbican you'd have to take the tube 2 stops north/west to Kings cross before getting on the Piccadilly line train.

948378[/snapback]

Thank You big guy and King Cross flat is best as it brand spanking and a stones throw from the station

• Showmasters Admin

948361[/snapback]

948378[/snapback]

Thank You big guy and King Cross flat is best as it brand spanking and a stones throw from the station

948380[/snapback]

No worries, anytime :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I'm staying at the Earls Court youth hostel, which is very close by... £52.50 for three nights there, and less than five minutes from the venue. Good for me! *happy student*

953568[/snapback]

I'm staying in Jury's cos my bro works there and he'll be getting us a room for 30 sterling a night, between 3 or 4 of us that's a tenner for the the night, times 2 so it'll cost us about 20 sterling for the 2 nights, so I'm happy out. :whistling: That's what? 28 euro? from sterling to euro?

Edited by Rising Phoenix

Well, I'm staying at the Earls Court youth hostel, which is very close by... £52.50 for three nights there, and less than five minutes from the venue. Good for me! *happy student*

953568[/snapback]

I'm staying in Jury's cos my bro works there and he'll be getting us a room for 30 sterling a night, between 3 or 4 of us that's a tenner for the the night, times 2 so it'll cost us about 20 sterling for the 2 nights, so I'm happy out. :thumbup: That's what? 28 euro? from sterling to euro?

953629[/snapback]

Not bad. I might've stayed with my cousin, but he lives right across the other side of the city and it's EuroPride on the Saturday so I didn't really want to go through the craziness of the huge crowd that'll be in London. I feel a little guilty for going to the con instead of the march, but I can go to Birmingham Pride instead. :)

The other half and I have still not decided where we are staying. We'll probably end up in the Green Court Hotel but at £50 a room a night its not exactly cheap. Especially as we'll be down for a few days before and after the con (ah the joys of avoiding weekend travel) :thumbup:

953568[/snapback]

I'm staying in Jury's cos my bro works there and he'll be getting us a room for 30 sterling a night, between 3 or 4 of us that's a tenner for the the night, times 2 so it'll cost us about 20 sterling for the 2 nights, so I'm happy out. :WAVE: That's what? 28 euro? from sterling to euro?

953629[/snapback]

Not bad. I might've stayed with my cousin, but he lives right across the other side of the city and it's EuroPride on the Saturday so I didn't really want to go through the craziness of the huge crowd that'll be in London. I feel a little guilty for going to the con instead of the march, but I can go to Birmingham Pride instead. :)

953643[/snapback]

Euro Pride? what the hell's that? Argh. do you think it will put a notch on my plans? or would we be okay if we left the place early? (do you think, if anything at all).

• Showmasters Admin
If its anything like Pride in Manchester it is a Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual parade that will have some roads closed for it. I don't know the route but I would assume that if you travel by tube across you should be unaffected.

953715[/snapback]

I agree with that :WAVE:

OK, it's actually Jury's Hotel, Croydon... apparently it's not That far? would someone know any better about it?

948599[/snapback]

Er, Croydon isn't even really in London. Croydon is basically a large town south of London that is the nearest sizeable conurbation to GatwicK Airport. That said, allegedly it's not that far from London. According to the hotel website (http://londonhotels.jurysdoyle.com/croydon/) it's a 5 minute walk from the hotel to East Croydon train station, then a 20 minute train ride from there to Victoria station. From there it's about another 20 minutes by tube on a westbound District line to Earl's Court.

You can check on first and last tube times (and any planned maintenance on the District line) at http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/

and you can check on train times (and again for any maintenance closures) for the Victoria-East Croydon jaunt at http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ You can also check train times and prices at http://www.thetrainline.com/