Did anyone have a Gold ticket last time?

rich5wolves

Oh BOOOO HOOOOO !!! Nasty Showmasters won't tailor everything to my exact requirements !

This is dafter than the people who get angry because SMs have dared to have a guest appearing a day that they "can't make it". Things are the way they are - deal with it !

You need a gold pass to enjoy it's associated benefits - there was never any mention of a buy one get one free deal !! You will be with your companion all weekend anyway - and the ten minutes that it takes to meet a guest with a gold pass isn't going to have you PINING for them, is it ??? You're in trouble if you can't be apart for ten minutes :P

They can hold luggage perfectly well in the seating area, and there is a crew member there to take pics for you !!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh BOOOO HOOOOO !!! Nasty Showmasters won't tailor everything to my exact requirements !

This is dafter than the people who get angry because SMs have dared to have a guest appearing a day that they "can't make it". Things are the way they are - deal with it !

You need a gold pass to enjoy it's associated benefits - there was never any mention of a buy one get one free deal !! You will be with your companion all weekend anyway - and the ten minutes that it takes to meet a guest with a gold pass isn't going to have you PINING for them, is it ??? You're in trouble if you can't be apart for ten minutes :P

They can hold luggage perfectly well in the seating area, and there is a crew member there to take pics for you !!

943302[/snapback]

So True

My point was not what you've said, my point was that if I travel across the country and have to stay overnight my partner will come with me. I cannot start queuing up for hour after hour and say to her, u sit in a cafe for 4 hours and ill be back. She doesnt collect autographs but thats not the point, the point is that the Gold Pass is £175.00 and I should not have to pay this again just for my partner to stand next to me in a queue!

As other's have said you are not the only one with this problem. There is no other reasonable solution that would not be abused by many people. SM have introduced the "no entry to queue without ticket" policy as it is the fairest system possible.

I come to these events on my own. I always find it hard to manage with the variety of stuff I bring to sign. It's hard getting your poster/statue/ect ready to be signed along with your 8x10's whilst struggling with bags and a camera but you just get on with it. I don't expect SM to allow me someone into the queue with me to hold my stuff. (I know that's not what you are talking about but the principal is the same)

If your partner is coming with you but has no particular interest in the event and neither of you want's her to sit in the cafe for hours waiting for you, why not send her into town for the day. As has been already stated the crew will take your photo's for you.

• Showmasters Admin
So rather than paying £175 for a gold pass, we need to just go on the saturday and buy 2 earlybird tickets to both get in the que?

942744[/snapback]

thats what the man said, unless i get 1 vt to go along side the gold pass, my partner will have to wait somewhere whilst i go off. kind of defeats the object really. even though she wants to travel and spend the weekend with me we wont pay £175 just so she can queue up with me.

probably wont do it now though. Unreasonable from showmasters under the circumstances. Its not too much to sort this but not even interested by the sounds of it.

943072[/snapback]

It does sound too much to ask, to be honest. It sticks another 50 people in the queues, it's something else to police, and it's another hostage to fortune. So your partner gets a ticket which allows them to stand in the queue and take a picture of you. Basically a photopass, since they're not there to meet the guest or get in a picture with them etc. As well as the hassle of making sure somebody with a "Gold Pass Buddy's Photopass" doesn't end up joining in with any chat etc or trying to use it to skip the VT system, what happens when say for various good reasons the three top guests are all on a "no photos" arrangement (either for speed of processing or perhaps migraine etc)? No doubt strife at the show, and here afterwards, from people complaining that they bought a pass just to take pictures and then they couldn't get pictures of the guests that they wanted. Not only that, but since they're selling them a ticket pretty much solely to take pictures (oh, and natter to you whilst you wait in the queue), then they're giving an expectation to the "Gold Pass Buddy's Photopass" holder that they will get a decent chance to take pictures - cue a few pushy holders of the pass demanding the chance to take another shot, slowing things down for everybody, demanding special access because they've bought a pass just to take pictures of their mate with the gold pass.

To be honest, it just sounds like a load of potential hassle for no real return for SM.

943154[/snapback]

My point was not what you've said, my point was that if I travel across the country and have to stay overnight my partner will come with me. I cannot start queuing up for hour after hour and say to her, u sit in a cafe for 4 hours and ill be back. She doesnt collect autographs but thats not the point, the point is that the Gold Pass is £175.00 and I should not have to pay this again just for my partner to stand next to me in a queue!

Ridiculous.

943266[/snapback]

Sorry but the point is still the same. You want a "Gold Pass Friends Pass". OK in your case you have no intention of mis-using it. But you have to see that people will try and mis-use it. As myself and TommyT have said it would be almost impossible to police.

I'm sorry you don't like it but you have to see it from SMs point of view. It adds loads of hassle and gains them nothing. Honestly if it was your show would you do it?

• Showmasters Admin
Is is an idea which Disney do. and could work for Showmasters

Go to any of the parks and que to have a photo with a charcter, when it's your turn an official photographer takes your picture and then insert a card into the camera, and saves a unique code which is on your card.

You then go to the next photo oppertunity and hand them the card again and it's the same process.

When you are all done you can go home, go online and put in the code for your card, and behold your photos appear and you can do whatever with them.

Disney don't charge for it as you are staying with them and spending money but showmasters could do it and easily charge £5 a pop.

So you enter LFCC4, say you would like a card for the photos. You pay £5 and get the card

They could have set times when you can have a photo oppertunity with your guest whther alone or from a reunion e.g Lost boys.

Major guests who ALLOW photos can just have a photographer where the front of the que is for a guest. Guests who don't obviosly don't have it

943203[/snapback]

Lee you seem to have gone off the subject and on to the subject of Professional photo shoots. This has been dicussed to death. I don't think SM will ever have them. It is just too much hassle.

dufresne - probably the most idiotic response ive seen for a while.

Its not a matter of sticking up for Showmasters at all cost you know. They can handle constructive critiscism. In fact they need it to improve shows in the future.

If you have met Elijah Wood and queued for 10 mins where and when? Its always been manic previously even with VT.

The bottom line is, I am entitled to an opinion. What Lee says is constructive, what you say is almost immature. How old are you anyway?

No-one has asked for a tailor made solution to every requirement, what has been asked is a valid question for 1 situation. You get no-where in life if you dont ask, the worst Showmasters can say is no and thats the case but why have you taken it upon yourself to write something provocative when you are not even interested in the topic at hand anyway??

Seems.........odd. :rolleyes:

Edited by rich5wolves

So rather than paying £175 for a gold pass, we need to just go on the saturday and buy 2 earlybird tickets to both get in the que?

942744[/snapback]

thats what the man said, unless i get 1 vt to go along side the gold pass, my partner will have to wait somewhere whilst i go off. kind of defeats the object really. even though she wants to travel and spend the weekend with me we wont pay £175 just so she can queue up with me.

probably wont do it now though. Unreasonable from showmasters under the circumstances. Its not too much to sort this but not even interested by the sounds of it.

943072[/snapback]

It does sound too much to ask, to be honest. It sticks another 50 people in the queues, it's something else to police, and it's another hostage to fortune. So your partner gets a ticket which allows them to stand in the queue and take a picture of you. Basically a photopass, since they're not there to meet the guest or get in a picture with them etc. As well as the hassle of making sure somebody with a "Gold Pass Buddy's Photopass" doesn't end up joining in with any chat etc or trying to use it to skip the VT system, what happens when say for various good reasons the three top guests are all on a "no photos" arrangement (either for speed of processing or perhaps migraine etc)? No doubt strife at the show, and here afterwards, from people complaining that they bought a pass just to take pictures and then they couldn't get pictures of the guests that they wanted. Not only that, but since they're selling them a ticket pretty much solely to take pictures (oh, and natter to you whilst you wait in the queue), then they're giving an expectation to the "Gold Pass Buddy's Photopass" holder that they will get a decent chance to take pictures - cue a few pushy holders of the pass demanding the chance to take another shot, slowing things down for everybody, demanding special access because they've bought a pass just to take pictures of their mate with the gold pass.

To be honest, it just sounds like a load of potential hassle for no real return for SM.

943154[/snapback]

Ridiculous.

943266[/snapback]

Sorry but the point is still the same. You want a "Gold Pass Friends Pass". OK in your case you have no intention of mis-using it. But you have to see that people will try and mis-use it. As myself and TommyT have said it would be almost impossible to police.

I'm sorry you don't like it but you have to see it from SMs point of view. It adds loads of hassle and gains them nothing. Honestly if it was your show would you do it?

943344[/snapback]

Probably not, but you dont get anything in life if you dont ask. Showmasters can only say no which they did so......... :rolleyes:

£175 = 1 Gold Pass for 1 Person

This gets you entry to an actor queue without the need for a virtual queue ticket, you pay £175 for this privilege! This is for 1 person. There is crew on hand to take photos for you if that actor is allowing photos. It doesnt take that long once in the autograph queue to meet the actor! If your partner doesnt want to meet the actors then she wont exactly be waiting long for you! I have never seen anyone wait in an autograph queue for 3 hours!!

Its not a matter of sticking up for Showmasters at all cost you know. They can handle constructive critiscism. In fact they need it to improve shows in the future.

If you have met Elijah Wood and queued for 10 mins where and when? Its always been manic previously even with VT.

The bottom line is, I am entitled to an opinion. What Lee says is constructive, what you say is almost immature. How old are you anyway?

No-one has asked for a tailor made solution to every requirement, what has been asked is a valid question for 1 situation. You get no-where in life if you dont ask, the worst Showmasters can say is no and thats the case but why have you taken it upon yourself to write something provocative when you are not even interested in the topic at hand anyway??

Seems.........odd.  :rolleyes:

943349[/snapback]

Its hasn't happened for Elijah as gold tickets wasn't around when he was last here an example would Miss Carpenter at last year event I que for not much more than ten minutes for her. The longest was when a certain biggie didn't come in to the hall as his stalker was there . As rule of thumb it take no longer than 45 minutes (Robert Englund) with gold ticket depending on how you use it. Dufresne doesn't always stick for sm to his credit as his been very anti gold tickets before.

£175 = 1 Gold Pass for 1 Person

This gets you entry to an actor queue without the need for a virtual queue ticket, you pay £175 for this privilege! This is for 1 person. There is crew on hand to take photos for you if that actor is allowing photos. It doesnt take that long once in the autograph queue to meet the actor! If your partner doesnt want to meet the actors then she wont exactly be waiting long for you! I have never seen anyone wait in an autograph queue for 3 hours!!

943360[/snapback]

3 main actors = 3 hours was what i was basing that on.

Besides as i just said, Showmasters can only say no! You dont get anything in life if you dont ask.

Whats the ideal post here, Showmasters are Gods, they are absolutely perfect in every way. I love Showmasters.

They do a great job of things, that doesnt mean I cant ask a question of them.

No you can ask a question! It seems to me that there has been a mixed response, some say it wouldnt be a good idea, some people saying they think it is a good idea! Think about it logically do you really think it would work?

No you can ask a question! It seems to me that there has been a mixed response, some say it wouldnt be a good idea, some people saying they think it is a good idea! Think about it logically do you really think it would work?

943371[/snapback]

Hi Mate,

Can we have update on how many has sold since Elijah was announced.

Cheers

Richard

I would be willing to pay for a Gold ticket if SM ever got Richard Dean Anderson over but not for anyone else. It's too expensive and other than being able to join the back of the queue I have no interest in any of the other supposed benefits of the tickets.

Seems.........odd.  :P

943349[/snapback]

:lol: *is complimeted*

As Richard said, there was no gold pass when Elijah last attended, but with a Gold Pass (I speak from experience) you can meet any guest in 15-20 minutes tops. THAT'S THE POINT OF THEM !! Three hours ????

As far as not getting if you don't ask is concerned, you DID ask, and you DIDN'T get - deal with it.

I did indeed set out to be "provocative" because I consider your complaint to be unreasonable, and entirely motivated by selfishness. I am very interested in the topic in hand - I have had a gold pass in the past, and am deliberating one for both C9 and L2006. Look back through my posts - I have made all manner of "constructive criticism" over the years !

My age is irrellevant - I have already stated that my tone was deliberate. Just so you know though, I'm 30. It's in my profile, same as most people !

Like Davey McManagement says - £175 = ONE gold pass ! I'm not used to being in the majority :D

Its a question I asked to gauge what other people thought. From it I can conclude that some people think its too much hassle and wouldnt work, others think its a good idea and SM coyuld introduce a ticket alongside the gold and make a few more quid. Another good point raised was maybe there could be more ticket options on the whole.

I can also conclude from what Dufresne said, I must be inseperable from my partner and would miss her if we were apart for any more than ten mins. Nothing wrong with that. :P

I only asked the question to see if Showmasters would come up with something, if not no harm done. Just have to make a decision now, to Gold Pass or not.

Anyone know how many Autos you get in the pack?

Seems.........odd.  :P

943349[/snapback]

:wub: *is complimeted*

As Richard said, there was no gold pass when Elijah last attended, but with a Gold Pass (I speak from experience) you can meet any guest in 15-20 minutes tops. THAT'S THE POINT OF THEM !! Three hours ????

As far as not getting if you don't ask is concerned, you DID ask, and you DIDN'T get - deal with it.

I did indeed set out to be "provocative" because I consider your complaint to be unreasonable, and entirely motivated by selfishness. I am very interested in the topic in hand - I have had a gold pass in the past, and am deliberating one for both C9 and L2006. Look back through my posts - I have made all manner of "constructive criticism" over the years !

My age is irrellevant - I have already stated that my tone was deliberate. Just so you know though, I'm 30. It's in my profile, same as most people !

Like Davey McManagement says - £175 = ONE gold pass ! I'm not used to being in the majority :lol:

943418[/snapback]

Dufresne, Deal with it?? Theres no problem to deal with. We are having a discussion. If its all the same to you Id rather you didnt take part as you seem incapable of writing anything constructive.

I agree with a lot of what has been said by various posters, for or against what ive said. Its called debating??!! you seem to be a master at it. :D

If you read the way the posts have developed then you will see that everything has been civilised throughout the whole of this topic......apart from your constant insults.

If youve made constructive critiscism in the past, what happened?

It was not so much a complaint Im making, just testing the water with educated and literate people who's opinion I value. As i said, feel free not to reply. :D

Its a question I asked to gauge what other people thought.  From it I can conclude that some people think its too much hassle and wouldnt work, others think its a good idea and SM coyuld introduce a ticket alongside the gold and make a few more quid. Another good point raised was maybe there could be more ticket options on the whole.

I can also conclude from what Dufresne said, I must be inseperable from my partner and would miss her if we were apart for any more than ten mins. Nothing wrong with that.  :P 

I only asked the question to see if Showmasters would come up with something, if not no harm done. Just have to make a decision now, to Gold Pass or not.

943421[/snapback]

6 - 7

Its a question I asked to gauge what other people thought.  From it I can conclude that some people think its too much hassle and wouldnt work, others think its a good idea and SM coyuld introduce a ticket alongside the gold and make a few more quid. Another good point raised was maybe there could be more ticket options on the whole.

I can also conclude from what Dufresne said, I must be inseperable from my partner and would miss her if we were apart for any more than ten mins. Nothing wrong with that.  :P 

943421[/snapback]

6 - 7

943425[/snapback]

6-7 autos is pretty good! I thought maybe 2 or 3. Think I may go for it! Sound cool. Providing i dont get a frodo sig when im gonna meet him anyway!