star wars guest prices

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Star Wars guests will be signing autographs all day (apart from any breaks for talks, lunch, etc), and the prices for each signiature are as follows:

Dean Mitchell----------------£10.00 each

Tommy Weldin--------------£10.00 each

Warwick Davis--------------£15.00 each

Terence Mustoo-------------£10.00 each

Stephen Fitzalan------------£10.00 each

Paul Bannon-----------------£10.00 each

Jerry Baker------------------£10.00 each

Terry Sach-------------------£10.00 each

Peter Roy---------------------£10.00 each

Noel Hawkins-----------------£10.00 each

More Star Wars guests to come.

Jason :P

Star Wars guests will be signing autographs all day (apart from any breaks for talks, lunch, etc), and the prices for each signiature are as follows:

Dean Mitchell----------------£10.00  each

Tommy Weldin--------------£10.00  each

Warwick Davis--------------£15.00  each

Terence Mustoo-------------£10.00  each

Stephen Fitzalan------------£10.00  each

Paul Bannon-----------------£10.00  each

Jerry Baker------------------£10.00  each

Terry Sach-------------------£10.00  each

Peter Roy---------------------£10.00  each

Noel Hawkins-----------------£10.00  each

More Star Wars guests to come.

Jason :wub:

909954[/snapback]

Sounds Good

As expected, i think

Not sure if I follow...

910209[/snapback]

sorry missed out the word all.

At £15 i would have picked certain guests but at £10 I can get them all, sorry my mistake, thats what happens when you try and type and watch a dvd

Jason

i think ten quid is just way too much to pay for these peoples autographs...

or maybe that's me being tight.

it's not like i don't have the money...

it's just... it seems a bit pricey,that's all...

but this argument has raged for long enough.

and it's personal choice,i suppose.

Edited by jamie1138

Due to the majority of the guests only having played minor roles, I do not really have a preference which ones I get (I cant afford all of them), Therefore, if any of them were to be slightly cheaper than the others, they would go to the top of my list as I would be able to afford more. Im sure Im not the only one who feels like this.

However, the flip side to this, is that for this very reason, they may all be in agreement (or SM may have insisted), that they will all be charging the same price so that nobody has an advantange and gets a bigger que than anybody else

• Showmasters Admin

I think that £10 is a good price, and if you are not happy with the price then just buy two of each of their autographs.

WHY ?

It's simple. These guys do not play big parts so it's unlikly that they will be invited to the American or other international conventions, and therefore US collectors will not be able to get their autographs. Also these guests are older gentlemen so it's unlikely they will do many events (and in some cases this may be their only event).

So why buy two? Well you can trade your spare autograph off to collectors that cannot attend the show or just sell it on ebay to cover your costs, or simply just keep it as an investment.

Some fans complain about prices, and these are the same types of fans that probably complained abount paying Don Henderson £10 at Empire day back in the 90s. He was also not the most recognised guest but he was a rare signer and now his autograph goes for around £150. Think about it. These guys will not be around for ever either, and we are the lucky ones having the opportunity to meet them. Fans in the future will not be able to meet some of the stars we have met.

I would have paid £2,000 to have the chance to meet Sir Alec Guinness and get his autograph in person or £200 to meet a less known actor that I missed before they died (such as the cantina bar tender). So when people complain about the prices an actor is charging or that its the same old faces, remember that just because you've already met them there are still fans for who its the first time.

Jason

Well said Jason

I totally agree these guys are rare signers so take the chance to meet then while you can.

I remember when Helene Hunt (Bond Girl in OP) did her first signing and only played a small part as one of Octopussys girls.

I was stupid enough not to go and meet her as i thought she'd probaly start doing more conventions signigs etc - That was about 2 years ago. So i know now to take the chance to meet a guest otherwise i might never get there autograph and have the chance to meet them.

Im looking foward to Empire Day and cant wait to meet the guests. Im going to get two of each as i know alot of Bond fans who would love there autograph but arent able to meet them - so i can help them out with trades.

Im getting a few too .. 2 for myself and maybe one trade later as I know people will be sorry once they miss the show.

Reminds me of a story of a danish guy :P that could not be bothered going to a show where Declean Mullholland was at - how could I know it was to be his last ? I ended up paying a small fortune for a small blank card untill a friend from Belgium helped me getting a real photo signed by him at a good trade. ( No I dont have the card anymore )

Im neve going to make that mistake again

I guess that at least 4 never do another convention as it doesn't suit some people. If sm do this type of show twice a year with the same amount of new signers I will be delighted and feel just a little sorry for our US pals who can't attend :P

You actually have a friend in Belgium? Of all places? :rolleyes:

I guess it all comes down to personal choices. I have the means to 'invest' in a few extra autographs because I do not have to go to eBay to sell them. But if you are only a personal collector, perhaps it may be far more difficult if not impossible to sell the extra one you get.

But truth be told, I think £10 is very reasonable indeed. I think many people forget how much Showmasters has to put into this show, setting it up, getting the venue, etc... etc...

At other shows, the prices are quite a bit higher. I'm happy with this arrangement!