NEW GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT FOR EMPIRE DAY

showmasters

• 2 weeks later...
By the way, I did some research, and this is Peter Roy (the one on the cart) as the Hangar Bay Ground Crew (or X-Wing Engineer is you like).

roy.jpg

I can only hope they'll have some great photos at the show.

907816[/snapback]

You have a great site but I think there is a better shot of Peter Roy available! Check out at the end of the battle when Luke is getting out of the X-Wing coming down the ladder. I think Peter is holding the ladder either on the left or the right of the ladder - not sure which.

Also I believe Peter has his back to camera and is holding damaged R2D2 but with a dubbed american voice saying something like 'we'll fix him up o.k.'

Your research hasn't exactly been spot-on with the Jack Klaff mix up in the previous thread. I think that there are some very serious errors being made with this whole event - there needs to be some rock solid documented proof that these walk-on artistes did actually work on the films that they claim. Or it could be a case of genuine fans being exploited

Your research hasn't exactly been spot-on with the Jack Klaff mix up in the previous thread.  I think that there are some very serious errors being made with this whole event - there needs to be some rock solid documented proof that these walk-on artistes did actually work on the films that they claim.  Or it could be a case of genuine fans being exploited

Hey, Steviegr, I'm only human. I do make mistakes, but I'm not to shabby to admit it. I do what I can.

But I do have rock solid proof (unless you think payment stubbs from 1976 aren't proof), that these people were in ANH.

Are you being serious or just making this up? I think you need to calm down a bit you seem to be getting very angry about this. B)

You have a great site but I think there is a better shot of Peter Roy available!  Check out at the end of the battle when Luke is getting out of the X-Wing coming down the ladder.  I think Peter is holding the ladder either on the left or the right of the ladder - not sure which.

907978[/snapback]

Quinn,

You were spot on, there, mate! Peter is clearly visible holding the ladder in that scene. This should put at ease any question about the fact whether Mr Roy was in the film or not. You can easily recognize him.

roy2.jpg

As for the other actors, most of these are all represented by the same agency in Brighton, so they are all on the level. How could we ever expect anything less from Showmasters?

Edited by Bounty Hunter

I can vouch for the validity of these Actors, I found a site who are supplying these to showmasters and with a producer of Star Wars being a business partner of SM they have unprecedented access to records which they can verify if these people worked on the films.

I believe they have, I can't mention the site but if you search for terms like 'uncredited' you might find it and look at the authenticity page.

SM know exactly who they're providing.

@ Steve (steviegr)

After carefully reading the replies to "your input" from some of the other members of this forum, I hope you realize by now that you are pretty much standing alone on this... To the reactions of those who already commented, I can only add this:

Considering the fact that there are worms out there trying to make a buck on selling fake autographs, I truly appreciate it that there are other people - like Mark - contributing to the autograph collecting business/hobby instead of contaminating the situation.

While I am always on the look-out to add autographs of other - less known - Star Wars characters, it is not always easy to obtain them. It is a waste of time and money when you keep sending out requests and never or very rarely receive a reply. Nevertheless, I can only cherish the fact that the people of Empire Day try to do the same at the moment...

As you may already have noticed, I wasn't really pleased when I read your input. I am the first to criticize people, but only when there is reason to it, and in this case you are wrong, very wrong. And don't let my grammatical impeccable synthax mislead you, I truly hope to meet you at Empire Day 16... I'll be wearing my Frank Castle shirt!:unsure:

It seems Empire Day guests are still all Filming.

Problem is when we get their Agents details and write for an autograph - the Agent MIGHT, reluctantly forward our letters on.

Sally Sinclair (Brindy Truchong) got a mail recently but the Agent opened HER mail first!

And they are afraid that fan mail is going to pee their agents off and they're going to stop giving them work.

These guys are getting older now and they fear losing their income.

• Showmasters Admin

Hi all

Sorry, but I have had to clean up some of your posts as we have rules about promoting other companies, businesses and events.

We realise they are well respected organisations that do a lot for the Star Wars collecting community and are helping to protect the hobby against forgers and fakes, and are also loyal fans who help with research and finding images which helps the fans and us, and we thank you for this.

However we also have to enforce these rules as we have agreements in place with companies that sponsor our shows and in fact help make these events happen in the first place. For anybody wishing to to buy autographs from the show who can't attend, a good option is to preorder from our sponsor MSPG, a dedicated company that is the largest autograph retailer of modern autographs in England, whose owner is the U.K. membership director of the UACC, which does a lot of work protecting the whole collecting community.

Once again, sorry to have to edit and I have tried to take out the promoting aspect out of the statements.

And as to steviegr's statement I think that all people have the right to start to run a business for any reason thay want - fun, to make money or to help the fans. Whatever reason it's up to the customers to buy if they want to.

And for the actors to accept the offers that are given to them if they want to. Its up to the buyer and the seller.

And if either party doesn't want to do business, its totally up to them and thats the end of it.

And I think that its definitely not anybody else's business, and grievances between actors and dealers should not be discussed on here where only one side of the discussion can be heard and also the actor is not saying it themself, and could misquoted or misunderstood. So let's get back to what this site is about: fans coming together to meet actors that they have not met before, and meet fellow fans. Hope to see you all there.

And on a personal note I would never allow a guest to appear without the total belief that the person attending is what they say they are.

I am a serious Star Wars fan and Star Wars historian and my business partner is Gary Kurtz, producer of SW and ESB, and even though Showmasters is a business I would not sell myself out for a few pounds. I do these shows because I love running conventions. Well, I hope that this clears some of this up.

Have a good New Year and we hope to announce some new guests soon.

Yours

Jason

Showmasters

Showmasters,

Sorry about the hassle we gave you having to clean up a bit.

I just did a read up on the rules (I know, I should have done that beforehand) and found out. Again, apologies.

I appreciate all the hard work you've put into getting Showmasters going and you have every right to protect your work!

@ Mazzic: I truly appreciate your input, man. I got the complete post by mail and cherish it, but I fully understand Showmaster's standpoint in editing it.

Some more research on Peter Roy - He is an extremely honest chap with 3,000 productions under his belt - swears he was 006 in one bond film but his memory is hazy... he remembers being in a naval costume and coming in from the wings up to a table but it's possible the scene could be on the cutting room floor and never made it to a bond film.

By the way, the previous photo, with the Rebel Trooper on the vehicle, is NOT Peter Roy. Peter recognized the scene from a trading card, but now confirmed his is NOT the driver of that vehicle. So I'll create a new photo with him in the 'ladder' shot (with Luke getting out of his X-Wing).

Edited by Bounty Hunter