Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire

Davey

I must say until GoF I thought Gambon was ok. Now I think he's awful as Dumbledore. He is too hands on with Harry. Dumbledore doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would grab hold of Harry (after Harry is announced as another champion). It just felt wrong to me.

905178[/snapback]

i completely agree!! i love that they showed even dumbledore doesnt know everything but when he got angry with harry... it just wasnt right.

=x=

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say until GoF I thought Gambon was ok. Now I think he's awful as Dumbledore. He is too hands on with Harry. Dumbledore doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would grab hold of Harry (after Harry is announced as another champion). It just felt wrong to me.

905178[/snapback]

i completely agree!! i love that they showed even dumbledore doesnt know everything but when he got angry with harry... it just wasnt right.

=x=

905702[/snapback]

I was totally outraged but my sister did n't seem to care!!!

I thought Gambon was great as Dumbledore!!:P

906126[/snapback]

Thats cos your brain is crap! And totally full of alcohol 24 7

906202[/snapback]

*smacks Davey around the head...twice* :P

906385[/snapback]

You wait till New Years young man :o

• 2 weeks later...

I can't remember if I posted here or not. Anyho! Loved the movie. It rocked. I loved the way it was all tied together. Loved all the set pieces. Loved majority of the new characters. Loved the Ferret scene and the bath scene. I especially loved the Graveyard scene.

I did find however that the film seemed to be moving at to fast a pace in order to get everything in. I'm gald that the house elf story was dropped as the house elfs do annoy me. Shame Lucius didn't appear that often but when he did it was well worth it. Snape was brilliant as ever.

Of the three leads I still enjoy Ron the best. Hermione annoys me more with each film. She spends most of her time whining.

I didn't really like Fluer. I just think its down to lack of screen time. Cho I did like. I hope she gets better with her next appeance.

I will adding Lucius new costumes to my collection for furture events as I thought both outfits rocked.

• 2 months later...

the movie was great. too short and missed out WAY to much. were was SPEW? they cut too much, most of whihc was either vital to the plot, or would have been good to watch and it didn't flow properly because of it. but still, it was great. now if only they had made it with ALL the extra bits that they cut (even if it had been several hours longer) then it would have been even better, maybe one of my favourites...and thats takes some doing, not a lot beats original star wars nowadays!

I'm watching the film as I type this as there are things I like and dislike but I have to say I overall love this film above the other 3.

- The bad points: as much as I love matthew lewis his scene in task two with the "ive killed harry potter" ah how cheesy and found it didn't need to be there.

- Not enough of the champions!! They came across a little flat overall I felt compared to the book but there's not enough screen time for everything.

- Hermione's dress...nasty...thats all I can say. I thought the top part was nice but the bottom part was vile.

- Dumbledore as a whole. I can't stand Gambon in this role. I think he as someone has already pointed out too "hands on" the book character and even Richard Harris's version would never have grabbed harry the way he did in the chamber and it felt wrong. The way he walks,speaks even looks at harry just doesn't feel right to me but I think this could be down to how he is directed to portray it.

But thats it on the down side, but there are so many plus points.

-All of the main 3 have improved. I know alot of people don't like emma, I have mixed thoughts on her but did love the way she handled Ron at the ball.

-The graveyard scene was the best part of the film. finally seeing what we've all been waiting for, and Ralph lived upto every expectation.

-The World Cup build-up was great, just a shame there wasn't an actual game to watch, I could watch krum on a broom all day!!

-As always the whole weasley family were as great to watch as ever...its love for the twins!

-Its strange to say it was a favourite scene but Mr diggory shouting "thats my boy" oh Im close to tears just watching it.

Brendan Gleeson brought Moody to life although I didn't like the look to begin with. Not enough of Sirius and far too much screen time for devon as always but not alot we can do about that!

but did love the way she handled Ron at the ball

did anybody else what to kick his (the character (ron for those who cannot tell)) ass after that?

She has a big go at him for being an idiot, and i'm sat in the cinema thinking, "actually, she's right...ASK HER OUT YOU IDIOT!"

• 2 months later...

I just really love the movie. Yes, I did miss Dobby, but I've learnt to see the movies and the books as seperate enteties (sp).

My fave scenes are the bathroom scene and the graveyard scene. I think Dan and Ralph did a really great job there.