Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire

Davey

Well I went to see it last night at a special *cough*screening*cough* and I have to say although the start was a rushed thing it did get better, and OMG I was actually pleased with the film and I really enjoyed it.

The acting is so much better and Mike Newell has hit the nail on the head. The actors gave their all and their wasnt any "wooden" acting by any of the cast, well except maybe one, and you will know who I mean when you watch the film!

Special effects are bloody brilliant and the Dragon was by far greater then my expectations and Voldemort was not perfect but passable and Ralph did a super job. When I first saw a picture of Mad Eye Moody with his strap on eye I was really dissapointed, but when it came to watching the film Mad Eye was a great character and the eye was pulled off really well and was very funny!

The Bathroom scene was one of my favourite scenes, Myrtle was brilliant and hilarious! I was waiting for Cedric to say Pine Fresh to Harry but that never happened :( Oh well, its only a little thing.

There were a few little things they needed to change in order to make the movie work for people who have not read the book, but fortunatly they were only little and actually made the film a film. TONS of magic, and thats what its all about MAGIC, not like POA with its pale look! This film is colourful and had its own unique look, and I really cant wait to see it again.

My faith is now restored in the Harry Potter movies and also the actors, they certainly have become exactly that, actors and decent ones at that, especially Rupert he was great in this film!

Im gunna watch it again Friday so I will add to this once I have absorbed more!

Davey :wub:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Initially I was worried about the scenes that I heard they were not going to use. But last night my fears were laid to rest.

Best bits:

Mad Eye Moody

The acting from all the cast

The bathroom scene (er how :wub: I say was that!?!)

and of course

the finale.

I think knowing what the end was like in the book made it worse, because as they were in the maze, I kept getting all choked up.

12a --- hmm I would be worried taking young children to this film. Do you think the producers realise that from now on they are not really a children's series. The reason I say that, is at the end when Hermione fretfully asks if things will change, and Harry says yes things will change.

All I can say is roll on the 2:15pm show for me tomorrow (taking the afternoon off work). Must watch again!!

omg!! it was fantastic!

i cant pick a favoutie scene yet but i have tickets booked for every day this weekend! lol! 4 days in a row! madness!

i loved the grave yard scene. no one can say that dan didnt do a good job. i was worried that he woudlnt be able topull off the emotion but he was amazing! especialy when he just wouldnt let go of cedric! its looking good for DD'd death!

the first task was amazing. exaggerated a little but it worked. it was so tense... when the dragon was clawing its was along the roof! arrrrghhh!

i loved the yule ball bits. hermione was good in that. "ron you ruin everything" bless! and ron... hes death glares for harry when they fall out where amazing!

i loved all the funny bits... especially the prefects bathroom. i laughed so much at that. i want a prefects bathroom!!!

oh rita... wasnt she perfect? its a shame we didnt get to see her cumuppance though.

i loved voldemort. it was so good that they didnt use CGI because it made him so much more real. i dont think he instilled enough fear in the death eaters though, they talked back to him and he sort of let them get away with it. he woudlnt do that!

the bit where harry hides behind the gravestone, daring to turn his back on the dark lord! gah! i really felt for him in that moment. the priori incantam was very emotional too. a bit short maybe and it certainly wasnt explained enough for viewers who havent read the books. i mean it doesnt say anything about why it happened! tut!

but i am in no way complaining. i love this film. it is by far the best!

looks like we wont be able to have any heated discusions about this one davey!

=x=

i cant pick a favoutie scene yet but i have tickets booked for every day this weekend! lol! 4 days in a row! madness!

Of course if you worked in a cinema like i do you could just go watch your favourite bits again and again and again.

I wonder what i am going to watch in my one hour break tomorrow! Escpecially as we have it in three screens!

Ditto about the prefects bathroom. I love Myrtle anyway but i cracked up everytime she tried to take a peek through the bubbles.

Gem, we will have to have a proper chat about it tomorrow. I finish work at 5.30 so i will probably call you later on, (text me if you won't be able to )

I think knowing what the end was like in the book made it worse, because as they were in the maze, I kept getting all choked up.

You only cried in the maze??? I was crying all through the film evertime Cedric came on the screen!

But OMG wow! I literally just got back from seeing it and it was really really good! Even knowing what would happen I was still petrified in the graveyard scene! I can definatley see why they gave it 12a!

wow....

Edited by IloveSpike

All bow down at Myrtle's spectral feet, because she is the funniest thing in that movie apart from Rupert's usual comic genius. AND she said the line! Which I am eternally grateful for. It's the only thing I was really hoping they'd leave in, even if it is completely pervy! But then, how pervy is this movie?!! :blink:

At least the twins finally got a bit of action!

Draco in black... sorry, slight perv moment there! Great to see Daddy Malfoy back as well.

And I think i'm in love with Voldemort.... so evil... but no red eyes, that would have been well creepy.

Sigh, it's not the book, but I wasn't expecting it to be, and out of the movies it's the best yet.

Ooh, and I want the Dark Mark, that is so cool!

Actually f***ing amazing!  :P  :blink:

One of the best cinematic experiences I've ever had.

I need to see it again...

895016[/snapback]

Thats pretty much my reaction!

Also, am I the only one loving that at the assembley, the great hall's ceiling is actually a ceiling? and that the hogwarts song is sung!!

I saw it tonight and bloody loved it!!!! My fave bits were the bathroom scene and the first task. Rupert as always making me laugh and the twins as well.

I think my only gripe about the film was not enough of the world cup. Ok I know its a big book to get in a film, but to me the world cup was kinda special and I would have liked to have seen just a couple of minutes of quidditch.

To be honest I felt the ending was a bit non emotional actually. I could feel Harry's determination not to be beaten when he was behind that head stone or rock or whatever it was. But I felt nothing when Cedric died, absolutely nothing, not even a half tear. Which is a shame because I the book did make me cry. I also felt that the crying Harry does over Cedrics body after being teleported back was a bit false. It just seemed like noises and somewhat not very genuine.

I think these were my only gripes, oh and how many kids now are going to be saying "p**S off"??? LMAO!!!

Daniel gets better each time though, apart from the crying scene I thought he portrayed Harry brilliantly.

The special effects were wicked as always. I do think the next film is going to be the hardest of them all though. If you think in terms of action and what not, not a great deal happens as its more about discovery, so roll on the next one!!!

I was going to take my eldest son to see HP, but I'm not so sure now. Not because its scary, he'll be cool with that, but its so damn long for a 6 year old to sit and watch. I'll have to give it some thought.

My rating is definately 10/10!!!!!!!!!

• Showmasters Admin

Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy Hoggy Hogwarts, teach me something please...

Can't get it out of my head! I'm so glad they put it in there, even if most of the audience didn't get why it made me and Davey so happy!

Andrea

PS. The only thing which wasn't included that I really wanted to see was the Ronski (sp) feint!

• Showmasters Admin
I was going to take my eldest son to see HP, but I'm not so sure now.  Not because its scary, he'll be cool with that, but its so damn long for a 6 year old to sit and watch.  I'll have to give it some thought.

895108[/snapback]

It would have scared the crap out of me when I was 6!!

Andrea

Nah Andrea he is pretty good with films, he watched the latest star wars film the other day and loved it. I personally have not seen it yet (not a big SW fan), but tonight he was on about how you see someones brains - I think skywalkers or someone like that. Anyways he was so like yeah whatever LOL.

They have also seen the other HP films and personally I always thought they were a bit scary, to me this is no different and not all that incredibly scary. I don't know, I suppose I could take him on a cheap night, when the crowds have died down.

Either way he is definately coming out with me to see Narnia.

Hope you and Jason are doing alright, tell him I said hi!!!!

I want to see it too.....Did any fans go in costume to the showing?

I did

At first I wasn't sure on this movie. Might have been the time it was or all the vodka :lol:

Now I like it although I am not a fan of Emma Watson so the only way they can improve that is to remove her and stick someone else in to play Hermione :D

Dan and Rupert though were excellent.

The beginning was rushed but over all liked it.

Well few things didn't like the scene with Sirius and the ending felt wrong considering the dark lord had just come back!

I thought the movie was abasolutely awesome - I wasn't disappointed !

This has gotta be the funniest of the three for me. Everyone says there's less comedy cos it's much darker bla bla bla but I thought it was hilarious - e.g. Filch running through the great hall at the start ... that's kept me and sister laughing for hours !!! Seriously though, there were a lot of laughs ! So that was fun.

I agree that the beginning was very rushed .... I remember thinking that at the time ... it was like 'Ok ... here's the house ... here's the portkey ... here's the world cup ... here's the dark mark ... AND we're at school .... ' But I suppose the book is VERY long and a lot of the start is just fun stuff ... like the actual quidditch match which they didnt really show, but there you go.

I loved the tasks. As usual, I got chills in the really cool bits (I always get chills during quidditch matches), like the dragon task. The second task was a bit disappointing for me .. it seemed a bit rushed and didn't really capture the whole 'making-the-right-decision' sort of thing. But my sister and my friend loved that task so I guess it's just me. The maze is my favourite task from the book, and, although they cut out all the creatures and the riddles etc from it (which was a real shame as they made it as good as it was in the book!), it was still quite cool. It was especially good as it was my exact maze in my head - and stuff like that that comes out in the movies it always pretty impressive.

Graveyard scene ... it was a bit iffy. Voldemort was pretty scarey in places (those eyes!) ... but I don't think Ralph really captured his whole 'evil' prescence. Like, in the first movie, Voldemort seems to be completely different than in this one. I mean, I don't know if it was just because he was so weak or whatever, but I loved the way his voice was really harsh and croaky ... it made him a lot more scarey. In this movie he seems a lot softer, and his voice is really calm and stuff. And when malfoy seems to talk down on him .... I just thought there were a lot of moments when the fact that he was meant to be the greatest (and most scarey) wizard ever just didn't show. He seemed pretty weak and ... almost human like everyone else. But hey, he wasn't all bad !

Cedric ... I hated him in the book so his death was no biggie ... but in the movie I really came to like him. This actor really pulled him off well, and when they saw the portkey I was like 'nooo! don't go near that cedric!' .... it was really sad. I cried. That's right. A little tear for Cedric :-( It was so depressing.

Anyway, this movie has really lived up to all my expectations and I'm really pleased with the whole thing. Can't wait to see it again - just to see Filch running !!!

Can't wait to see it again - just to see Filch running !!!

895158[/snapback]

Yeah, hahaha! That was brilliant :vader::lol:

Oh, another thing...

Did anybody else get a kind of 'sense of impending doom' feeling in the pit of their stomach when Harry and Cedric went for the cup/portkey?

Newell handled that part so well. I loved how dark and ominous it felt when they arrived at the graveyard...you just knew that something really awful was gonna' happen.

Didn't disappoint at all :D

Saw it last night :D

Pretty impressed, just a little disappointed so much was cut out from the book. Would have been good to see how Harry got the firebolt, and to show how the others got on with their dragons.

Also Dumbledores explanation to Harry how he knew about the fake Mad Eye Moody. (thinks back to book lol.) If i remember right, Dumbledore had said that the real Alistair Moody would NEVER have removed Harry from his sight/presence ?

Anyways enough rambling, thought was very good for what they did, and defo want to see it again :D

Hello All,

Saw it yesterday at 1pm, after lecture got a free scarf :)

I was overall impressed, liked Ron's dressrobes lol.

Also really really want a Cedric poster to pput up in my uni room and perve over...

Although his death was sad, it didn't make me cry?

Pah, wanna see it again now.

Hello All,

Saw it yesterday at 1pm, after lecture got a free scarf :)

I was overall impressed, liked Ron's dressrobes lol.

Also really really want a Cedric poster to pput up in my uni room and perve over...

Although his death was sad, it didn't make me cry?

Pah, wanna see it again now.

895233[/snapback]

Who dies