Should all Guests sign autographs?

Gothamite1

Should all Guests sign autographs?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should all Guests sign autographs?

• Yes
    • No

Last year I went to see Charisma Charpenter but she was only doing autographs. As great as it was to see her and say hi but I would have really liked to hear her talk and ask some questions. I was really dissapointed as I thought all the guests would be talking and not just signing.

Isn't there some requirement?

Shouldn't there be?

What does everyone think?

• Moderators

I'm sure it's a mix of whether the guest wants to, and how much they charge to actually do a talk.

It might not be financially viable with some guests - if the talks are to be free, and they lose 30-60mins of signing time, plus the guest would want to be paid for the talk probably ... it might not work to have ALL the guests do them.

It would be good to have them all do it, no doubt about it! I imagine it's judged on an individual basis. If a guest doesn't want to do a talk then we can't force them really. I do think they have a good set of talks at each LFACC usually!

• Showmasters Admin

I'm confused. The question says "Should all Guests sign autographs?", but all guests already do sign autographs?

Your complains seems to be that Charisma didn't do a talk!

Should your question not be "Should all guest do talks?"?

But actually re-reading it you seem to be saying that YOU wanted to talk to Charisma. Is it that you feel that the guests should talk to all the people getting autographs for a specific amount of time?

i.e. "Should all guests be made to talk to everyone getting an auto for at least 2 minutes?"

Basically your question makes no sense.

Edited by Too Tall

• Moderators
But actually re-reading it you seem to be saying that YOU wanted to talk to Charisma. Is it that you feel that the guests should talk to all the people getting autographs for a specific amount of time?

i.e. "Should all guests be made to talk to everyone getting an auto for at least 2 minutes?"

894640[/snapback]

Reading it again, it does seem to be about that, rather than about talks themselves which is what I thought when I read it!

But yeah it's a bit confusing lol

I do prefer the quieter guests that you can meet and talk to as much as you want really. Predominantly Showmasters events are "signing events" though, so that's what we get for our money really!

I honestly believe some female celebrities would do that.....there are always people up for some thing or another

894759[/snapback]

I suspect it would only be for charity though...I mean if it was a "Handsome men" convention I guess they'd go for it but for a "Sci-Fi" convention...erm, no.

I'm confused. The question says "Should all Guests sign autographs?", but all guests already do sign autographs?

Your complains seems to be that Charisma didn't do a talk!

Should your question not be "Should all guest do talks?"?

Basically your question makes no sense.

894640[/snapback]

D'OH!!!

I can't believe I did that. Can I change my comments? How do I do that?

I feel stupid now :D

Basically I wanted to know if all guests should do talks. Not just sit in booths all the way through the show just doing autographs.

I really can't believe I just did that.

Sorry.

Edited by Gothamite1