Harry's GOF Quidditch robes

Lysia

Forgive the randomness of the topic, but I'm cosplayer and these things seem important to me.

For people who have seen the posters in cinemas for Goblet of Fire (and at this point this probably includes a LOT of people!) - what are your opinions of Harry's costume featured on the main pic? I'm guessing these are either new Quidditch robes, or tournament costume.

Photo of costume here:

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hc&id=18028...=581051&intl=us

A fair few people I've chatted to about this think that it's modernised way too much, with the Adidas-style stripes and 'breatheable' fabric. And trainers! I have heard the despairing cry of "Harry's gone chav!" regarding this.

I would imagine the costume is an attempt to modernise the old-fashioned style of robes used in the previous films to try and increase the appeal to sporty teenagers, but who here misses the old uniform? I personally like the almost-Victoriana style of many of the HP costumes.

Comments? Opinions? Rants?

Thanks folks.

~ Liz

(costume fanatic)

Hey Lady Croft. How goes it? Good to see you here.

I personally don't like the new Quidditch robes. They do look a bit to 'Chav'. Having said that they do look a bit more pratical than the previous robes. Is anyone thinking of making them? I would be interested to know ho wyou plan to make them.

Hi honey! *waves*

Is anyone thinking of making them?  I would be interested to know ho wyou plan to make them.

889645[/snapback]

I would imagine there would be a great deal of recources bought from the local branch of 'Sports N Soccer' and then a fair bit of hacking up and re-stitching. There are places where you can get that kind of fabric but they are few and far between - usually only the big fabric chains. It would be quite an entertaining cossie and a bit of a challenge to do well - but not as classy as the old ones, and certainly not one I'd be tempted to try.

~ Liz

Hmmmm...well I can certainly see why some people wouldn't like the new robes but I think it does good for Harry and it is nice to see a variation in the costumes once in a while. I mean seeing the same robes in all 7 movies will get tiresome.

I personally think the trainers should go though :rolleyes:

• Showmasters Admin
Also looking at some of the other pics. Is it me or does the uniform look like its changed again??

daniel_radcliffe24.jpg

890916[/snapback]

They do look a lot like my old school uniform now :angry:

Especially the not so tied ties ^_^

• 3 weeks later...