FX Show - Travel from the UK

Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

The FX Show Staff is pleased to announce that we have partnered with Big Apple Travel for all your travel needs. They are aware that many of you would like to come from the UK and have informed us that if you are able to get at least 12 people who would be willing to travel together, they can get amazing deals on group rates with Virgin Atlantic. They are also available and glad to help any individuals or groups who are interested in other package deals, including airfare, hotel, rental car, extended stays beyond the show to attend Disney or Universal, etc.

Our contact with Big Apple Travel is Luis Melendez and he will be happy to assist you. He can be reached locally in Orlando at (407) 884-0444 or on their toll-free number at (866) THE-APPLE (843-8115). You can also send him an email to luis@bigappletravel.com. Their website is www.bigappletravel.com.

If you have any questions regarding the show, please feel free to contact me directly at katie@fxshow.com.

We look forward to seeing many of you at FX 2006!

Posted on behalf of Katie from FX Show.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The FX Show Staff is pleased to announce that we have partnered with Big Apple Travel for all your travel needs. They are aware that many of you would like to come from the UK and have informed us that if you are able to get at least 12 people who would be willing to travel together, they can get amazing deals on group rates with Virgin Atlantic. They are also available and glad to help any individuals or groups who are interested in other package deals, including airfare, hotel, rental car, extended stays beyond the show to attend Disney or Universal, etc.

Our contact with Big Apple Travel is Luis Melendez and he will be happy to assist you. He can be reached locally in Orlando at (407) 884-0444 or on their toll-free number at (866) THE-APPLE (843-8115). You can also send him an email to luis@bigappletravel.com. Their website is www.bigappletravel.com.

If you have any questions regarding the show, please feel free to contact me directly at katie@fxshow.com.

We look forward to seeing many of you at FX 2006!

Posted on behalf of Katie from FX Show.

889059[/snapback]

Too Tall do you fancy it mate

• Showmasters Admin
whats the price?

889175[/snapback]

I've just sent a mail to them to find that out.

Obviously it'll depend on when you fly, how long you stay and what kind of hotel you stay in.

At present I've asked them about going out on Thursday 26th and coming back on Wednesday 1st. I think if I'm going to fly all that way I want the Monday and Tuesday to go to the parks :angel:

I'll post on here what I find out.

• Showmasters Admin
The honest answer is I do fancy it but at the mo it's a big maybe.

889094[/snapback]

let me know if you decide to

889244[/snapback]

I'm going to see what these big apple guys are like on price. I've also asked about what kind of discount we'd get if we can get 12 together.

• Showmasters Admin

I just received the below from Luis. I'll keep you all up to date as and when I hear more. Hopefully early next week.

Stuart,

Good Morning!

I, first, want to apologize for not responding to your email yesterday. I did receive it and wanted to let you know that we are in the negotiation process as we speak.

Our office was in communication yesterday with the staff of the FX Show, and has a meeting scheduled with them on Monday. In the mean time, we are negotiating possible group space with various airlines and hotels.

I promise to keep in contact with you and let you know information as we receive it.

Sincerely,

Luis Melendez, CTA

(407) 884-0444 Ext 164

(407) 884-0125 Fax

(866) THE-APPLE (Toll Free)

Web www.bigappletravel.com

Edited by Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

I gave them a poke today and got this back.

HI Stuart,

We are working hard on the fares for the FX Show. We are getting information from both British Airways and Virgin, hoping that they can do a much better fare for us for the flight dates you requested.  One of our other agents is calling the hotels trying to get better rates from them as well.  As soon as the information comes in we will let you know. 

You are top priority for us and will make sure you have everything you need.

Thank you,

Genger

Big Apple Travel

407-884-0444

I'm now thinking of going for a week to make the flight worth while. So fly out on Thursday 26th and back on Thursday 2nd.

What are other people thinking?

I gave them a poke today and got this back.

HI Stuart,

We are working hard on the fares for the FX Show. We are getting information from both British Airways and Virgin, hoping that they can do a much better fare for us for the flight dates you requested.  One of our other agents is calling the hotels trying to get better rates from them as well.  As soon as the information comes in we will let you know. 

You are top priority for us and will make sure you have everything you need.

Thank you,

Genger

Big Apple Travel

407-884-0444

I'm now thinking of going for a week to make the flight worth while. So fly out on Thursday 26th and back on Thursday 2nd.

What are other people thinking?

891644[/snapback]

exactly the same

• Showmasters Admin
Hi Stuart,

Below is information from Virgin Atlantic for flights from London to Orlando for the FX SHOW.  Take a look and let us know if you would like to book these flights. 

Thank you,

Genger

Big Apple Travel

407-884-0444

Net fare per person: £236.07GBP

Fare valid until:                         16Nov05

FLIGHT            DATE        DEPARTS     ARRIVES     # of PASSENGERS

VS15N       26Jan06     LGW 1230    MCO 1655          12

VS16N       02Feb06     MCO 1955    LGW 0845          12

Deposit amount due 28.65GBP per person:          

Deposit due date:                   16Nov05

Cancellation fee:                   114.60GBP per person once ticketed.

Change fee (return only):                 114.60GBP per person once ticketed.

Taxes and surcharges quoted are approximate and are subject to change.

Utilization:  At ticketing, 80% of seats confirmed must be used.  The deposit for seats cancelled or unused below 80% will be forfeited.

Your deposit due date is final.  If the deposit is not received by the date indicated the space will be automatically cancelled and will not be reinstated until the deposit is received.  The net rate quoted above will not be guaranteed if the space is cancelled.  The deposit is fully refundable up until 90 days prior to departure.  Within 90 days the deposit will be non-refundable but can be used toward a future group on Virgin Atlantic Airways within one year.

I got this this morning.

I've sent a mail asking...

A: What happens if we have less than the 80% (i.e. 10 people)?

If we don't have the 10 we don't get the price.

B: When is the full amount due? 12 Dec 2005

Please let me know ASAP (by Monday at the latest) if you want to go for this. As I will need your deposit by Wednesday.

Please mail me at Hattrick@dsl.pipex.com

Cheers,

Stuart.

UPDATED WITH ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS I SENT.

Edited by Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

So far I've not been given a price for accomidation.

But I know we can get it for about $50 a night. Works out as about £200 for the week.

It's being organised by an external travel agent so the package will not include the ticket. The price of tickets for the full 3 days pass is $35 in advance. $40 on the day.

So if we get 10 the total will be about £460.

Edited by Too Tall

So far I've not been given a price for accomidation.

But I know we get get it for about $50 a night.

It's being organised by an external travel agent so the package will not include the ticket. The price of tickets is on the website.

892934[/snapback]

got to work finance out but I'll let you know tomorrow

• Showmasters Admin
Stuart,

Unfortunately, if we go with less than 10 people we will not be able to use the group rate and will have to go with published fares.  The deposit is due by November 16 and the rest of the amount is due by the ticketing deadline-December 12, 2005. 

Thank you,

Genger

So we need 10 people to get this rate.