i currently use the flimsy type ones from my local stationers

they have been fine so far

some of the stalls were selling Ultra-Pro's

are these the best ones to get

is there a better make

or are the ones i`m using ok

thanks

remote

the ultra-pro sleeves are good for keeping your autographs as they donot have any degradeing effects on your autos ,

when im at an event i take with me a small hard plastic folder called a tuff box made by tiger which you can buy at stapples, they are just big enough to put a buffy or star trek mag in and deep enough to put about 25 to 35 10 x 8 's in and as it is rigid they will not bend, it has 2 clips on won side and a hinge on the other so no need to smudge your newly signed pic when you put it away.

if you have a bag big enough to fit a buffy or star trek mag (titan) in without bending then the tuff box will fit in as well.

the ultra-pro sleeves are good for keeping your autographs as they donot have any degradeing effects on your autos ,

when im at an event i take with me a small hard plastic folder called a tuff box made by tiger which you can buy at stapples, they are just big enough to put a buffy or star trek mag in and deep enough to put about 25 to 35 10 x 8 's in and as it is rigid they will not bend, it has 2 clips on won side and a hinge on the other so no need to smudge your newly signed pic when you put it away.

if you have a bag big enough to fit a buffy or star trek mag (titan) in without bending then the tuff box will fit in as well.

873819[/snapback]

I second this opinion. I use this box and I can get all my autos in there and because it's quite deep the photos aren't squashed in together.

I have used the hard plastic sleeves in the past and I had a bad experience with them and some of the metallic pens. If the ink isn't totally dry then it does tend to stick to the insides, but I reckon if you wait until they are totally dry and then put them in you'll be ok.

But overall the box from Staples is a good solution to use for the day.

I use the same box I brought mine from LFCC last year for a quid! I use the A4 poly pockets (you can tell who works in a office now can't you lol) I would like to use the ultra-pro sleeves because they are strong and sturdy and also dont have any damaging chemicals to effect your prized photo/autograph. But I do worry about them incase they stick to it for some strange reason what with guests signing in metalic pens etc.... it would pull it right off it got damp or something! Has anyone had any bad experiences with these?

the silver and gold paint pens make great autographs but the bottom line is you have to give them time to dry out , if you watch at the autograph lines you can spot the experanced people , they don't let the photos touch and blow on them for a good couple of minutes, once there dry then no problem.

one thing to watch out for is droplets, if they use a new pen it sometimes can leak and you get droplets on your photo , what makes these trouble is that they are usualy thicker than any writing and if you blow on it to dry it you just end up drying a top coat but underneath the paint is still wet and when you put it in a sleeve and any preasure is put on it it breaks open just like a zit.

best thing to do is get a bit of tissue paper and soak it up before you blow on it to dry it. this must be done carefully :rolleyes:

To the people who are using those cheap A4 plastic sleeves, get your collection out of them asap as they might be ok at the moment but they can damage the sigs over time.

Personally I use the Ultra Pro sleeves as they are designed for photos and will prevent any damage to the photo or signature and like the A4 sleeves you can buy a folder and keep them all nice and tidy.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

the ultra pro sleeves are just like the 9 pocket trading card sleeves but big enough to put 10 by 8 's in.

most have euro holes in the side so can fit any folder but it would be best to get the us 3 ring folders that the card dealers sell.

if you buy by the box its cheeper £15 to £20 per box of 100

or 20p to 25p per sleeve if you buy them singulary.

thses sleeves also fit nicely in your buffy, angel, star wars trading card folder you know the nice ones they release with any new set of cards.

what I do is while at a con, i put my autos into a rigid plastic folder and seperate my autos by plain paper, then when i get home i put them into my archive folders in the oil free archive holders that work wonders and dont damage the signature, i cant remember their acutal name tho because my dad buys them for me!