How was your Shatner experience?

ragnarmorkai

Overall, how did you find your experience of meeting Shatner and getting an auto  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Overall, how did you find your experience of meeting Shatner and getting an auto

• Better than I expected
    • About what I expected
    • Worse than I expected

People have opinions. And mine is, the best thing for SM to do would be to rearrange the date of the G-Mex event - better for them, better for the fans. More weekends on which events are held means more opportunities to see more stars!

874779[/snapback]

Can't see that being a popular option, though. Speaking selfishly, I'd be very f***ed off if the G-Mex event was moved to another date - annd why should it be moved, come to that? What if this was the only date available for SM?

ETA: Come to think of it, how can anyone disagree re these clashing dates without being accused of being uncaring re the beneficiaries of a charity event?:P :P Oh well, I've been called worse things... :P

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading before hand what Shatner would be like i decided not to go for his autograph after all,out of principle really.Nimoy was just the same and i saw him twindling his thumbs most of the time when he was in London.Quite a shame really as i do like my autos personalised!!

God, shut up all of you! All this bitching, what are you all like? I almost didn't go to the signing because of all the negative comments people rattle out on here and other boards. As I've said in another post elsewhere on this board, I had a great time. I thought £25 was a bit steep, never having bought an autograph before or been to an event like this, but I'm glad I got it and it'll be framed and go up in my office as a momento. Yes, this JCB woman was INCREDIBLY rude and she certainly doesn't "treat people as you'd expect to be treated" but Shatner was amiable enough if looking like he'd had a particularly rough night on the booze and the Virtual Ticket idea was top notch as I hate queueing at the best of times.

Yes improvements could be made to the format of the show - hopefully the organisers are listening - and I completely agree with the poster on here who suggested it was mean to hide Shatner away behind boards, especially as casual visitors and people shopping couldn't get a view (even more so if it WAS advertised on local radio!).

But heck, I had a great experience. Those who got no response probably didn't even make an effort to talk to him. I also congratulated him on his second Emmy win and he thanked me for my congratulations. It's not exactly a moment I'll treasure, but I know the signed photo soon to be hung from my wall will give me a load of pleasure over the years - just like all those old episodes of Trek.

So stop the moaning and get a life everyone!

God, shut up all of you! All this bitching, what are you all like? I almost didn't go to the signing because of all the negative comments people rattle out on here and other boards. As I've said in another post elsewhere on this board, I had a great time. I thought £25 was a bit steep, never having bought an autograph before or been to an event like this, but I'm glad I got it and it'll be framed and go up in my office as a momento. Yes, this JCB woman was INCREDIBLY rude and she certainly doesn't "treat people as you'd expect to be treated" but Shatner was amiable enough if looking like he'd had a particularly rough night on the booze and the Virtual Ticket idea was top notch as I hate queueing at the best of times.

Yes improvements could be made to the format of the show - hopefully the organisers are listening - and I completely agree with the poster on here who suggested it was mean to hide Shatner away behind boards, especially as casual visitors and people shopping couldn't get a view (even more so if it WAS advertised on local radio!).

But heck, I had a great experience. Those who got no response probably didn't even make an effort to talk to him. I also congratulated him on his second Emmy win and he thanked me for my congratulations. It's not exactly a moment I'll treasure, but I know the signed photo soon to be hung from my wall will give me a load of pleasure over the years - just like all those old episodes of Trek.

So stop the moaning and get a life everyone!

875653[/snapback]

How can you defend the Shatner??? If you cmopare the Shatner experience to ALL the otehr guests, he can't compete!!

I'd NEVER spend money on him again!! Such a miserbale, surly person!

And if JCB is his agent (in teh UK at least), then THAT means she'll be at any OTHER events he does..... [sarcasm] fun, fun fun![/sarcasm]

OK, lets clear some things up. I was a crew member at C8, and I spent almost all day on Saturday prepping Shatners queue for what they were gonna have to do when they got to the end (you may remember me if u were there, big curly hair!), so I at least hope you'll all take my word when I say that all of the things that annoyed people were nothing to do with the crew or the show organisers. JCB is employed by the guests, so we can't do anything with her other than do what she tells us. The location (and changes of!), the set-up, the cost of the autograph is all dictated to us by the Guests, we have to do what they want, and especially when its a guest as well known as Shatner. The no-photos rule and the set-up designed to stop photos was again dictated by, in this case, JCB. I spent a lot of my time apologising to people for the no photos rule and trying to stop people taking photos, and i watched all day as fans were dissapointed with what they got out of the £25. All I can say is that it seemed to me that the effect was largely as a result of JCB, when she briefly left Shatner alone in the afternoon while he was signing to go and shout at someone, he was slower, nicer and didnt mind at least replying to comments made to him. I agree that he could have signed as many autos as he did (which, incidentally was not as many as 5000) had they been much slower, but dont forget that the events that Shatner usually attends back in the states has high enough attendance for him to sign 600 odd autos an hour and never run out of people to sign for. Sorry if u were dissapointed, I was when i hobbled over to him (my feet and knees were killing me!) at the end of the day and didnt get any more than a mumbled thankyou after working for him all day. Just remember its not SM's fault!

I don't think anyone blames SM at all.......But this JCB REALLY ISN'T A NICE PERSON...Saying that as i was walking down the side of the hall JCB was walking towards me and she smiled well i nearly s**t myself when she looked me in the eye and i'm a grown man! :wub:

My experience was better than I expected - he actually looked up and smiled at me after he had signed my trading card. The only disappointment was not being able to get a photo of him, though some people were using digital cameras to get a shot so if you have one please e-mail me a copy. My e-mail is:

AndyClark501@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Please see my Shatner experience below, copied from another thread.

I think I must definately be in the minority, as I have nothing to complain about.

I arrived at MK on Sunday at about 10:45 and thought that I would either a) Have a very long wait or not get to meet and have an autograph, imagine my surprise when I found it was an open queue.

I for one was happy with the way this was set up as I have missed out on guests before because they have been busy chatting and posing for photos.

When I met Bill he looked up and greeted my wife and I, signed my chosen picture and said thanks for coming and we shook hands, I found him polite which is all I expect from a guest.

Although I read the notices posted about how guests behave, how he or she hates fans or is extremely friendly, I always go with an open mind as it leads to less disappointment.

If you have a good experience enjoy it if not then move on to the next one.

I for one really enjoyed Collectormania and look forward to the next one.

I agree that he could have signed as many autos as he did (which, incidentally was not as many as 5000)

That's interesting... are you talking about the saturday that you worked with him? The figure of 5000, came from me as a 'guess-timate' for the whole weekend.

I figure he signed for about 15 hours (3 hours Friday, 6 hours Saturday and Sunday each), at a rate of 600 per hour, halved.. then added a bit... (so ok, not terribly scientific!!)

I think the fact that the "Petition to have JCBitch banned from future events" thread has been locked just about says it all.  :rolleyes:

876753[/snapback]

Yes, it says that the post broke the site rules...

This forum is a place to air views and discuss them in a friendly and civilised way. Personal attacks and inappropriate comments aimed at any other person, be they a forum user, guest, or staff member, will be deleted and the poster banned forthwith.