personalised/non-personalised debate

steviegr

Hi Showmasters,

Please please can we have full clarification at C8 BEFORE people join a queue or get issued with tickets whether a signer is doing personalised signatures only. This worked well at C7 and everyone was clear about what the signers were willing to do.

Thanks,

Steve

Its normally posted at the end of the queues isnt it.  I know it was at the last LFACC.  I get confused sometimes  :wub:

866102[/snapback]

most time it is - unless the sign has fallen down or (the crew have run out on loo roll and needed the sign for the emergency):firedevil:

866146[/snapback]

Thats got to hurt what with it being laminated.

It is very difficult to say in advance so and so will definately personalise, so and so won't personalise.

Showmasters do tend to have very clear signs up if an actor isn't personalising autographs, BUT the situation can change by the minute and is more often than not down to the size of the queue. The decision is often made to stop photo's or personalisations if a queue gets too long so that more people can get through. (Don't let this be an excuse to start the "yes, so they get more money out of us!" posts.... it's always been the train of thought that you disappoint the least amount of people and a non-personalised auto is always better than NO auto.)

I've found that most actors tend to prefer to personalise, it stops all the ebayers. However, it does take longer especially if people don't have those invaluable little post-it's with their name clearly spelt out. If you are really really desperate only to have a personalised auto, and wouldn't bother otherwise, then the best idea if an actor is saying "no personalisations" is NOT to ignore the signs, ask anyway and hope, but to risk trying at the very end of the day when queues have died down.

(I also bet all this is really really well covered in TooTalls newbies thread!)

• Showmasters Admin
Hi Showmasters,

Please please can we have full clarification at C8 BEFORE people join a queue or get issued with tickets whether a signer is doing personalised signatures only.  This worked well at C7 and everyone was clear about what the signers were willing to do.

Thanks,

Steve

865862[/snapback]

There are always signs up at both the end of the queue and behind the guest if personalisations are not being done.

It can't 100% be done when you get your VT as things can change though out the day that mean the rule has to be changed. But you will know for sure when you go back for your autograph (as the signs will be there) and can decide if you want to part with your cash or not.

Thanks madmonster, it is covered in my ANSWERs thread.