Advice

luvme7754

So someone says they like you....and you like them back. RIGHT. They can't come to a party you're going to, so they tell you to text them while you're at the party. YOU DO. They don't reply to any of your texts / pick up your calls while you're at the party.

Next day...

They seem mad at you. You ask them about it. They say they aren't mad but 'put off'. You ask why. They ignore you're question completely and say they have to go. They haven't spoken to you since.

What do you do ?

Do you make the effort to talk to them about it, when they aren't making the effort to talk to you ?

Do you ignore them back ?

Do you have a good old shout at them ?

Are they worth it ?

YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE.....

• Showmasters Admin

Firstly let think of why they may have been PUT OFF.

Could you have blown off the party and gone and seen them instead? If so maybe they feel that as you went to the party without them, instead going to seeing them, that maybe you don't like them that much.

It's the old not saying what you mean thing. You say you've got a party to go to, they can't make it. You say are you OK with me going, they say yes. But in fact they want you to blow it off and come and see them, but they won't tell you that, they expect you to be pyschic and know that they want you to go and see them instead. Then they get arsey that you didn't. I've been in reletionships with people like that. It'll drive you mad. If that is the case. Don't worry about it and run away.

What to do next....

If the above is not the case and they were away and you couldn't have seen them if you'd wanted to. Then it comes down to how much you think you like them. Have you been put off by their behaviour or do you want to give it a chance. If you want to give it a chance, ring them and ask again what the problem is. If they refuse to tell you, there's really nothing you can do. It's their issue and they'll have to deal with it.

Having been in a similar situation before i would say ignore them.

If they are playing games retain your dignity and if they are really interested trust me when you stop running they will.

ps i didn't take my own advice i pestered them and then got angry and ruined the relationship. i like to think i've grown now :unsure:

• Moderators

Hmm I don't think playing games with each other is gonna help - don't see who can ignore the other person the most or anything like that.

If he's being an idiot, ask him why. Confront him, get an explanation. The best thing you can do is be honest with each other. It's not running after him or anything, it's simply wanting to know what's going on, and really u do deserve to be given a reason at least.

The worst thing you can do is sit back and ignore. Fact is that if you didn't care and you were able to put it out of ur mind then you wouldn't have even posted here. So by ignoring him, ur just gonna be thinking about him, wondering what's going on ... you'll think of a million different scenarios, drive urself crazy, and none of them will be right!

Just sort it out, it'll get worse the longer you leave it. Simply tell him you want an explanation, you don't understand why he's being like that, and that you've done nothing wrong but you don't want things messed up either way. If he doesn't talk to you then leave it, you don't need someone that's gonna mess you around, but make sure he knows you've done nothing wrong and you know it.

Edited by DavidB

yeah... my ex was just like that, probably why im not with him anymore, huh?! :P he was an idiot, so i just ignored him and it worked for me! mind you, if its really bugging you then try and talk to him like an adult and see if you cant sort something out? goodluck!

right

i think that you should talk to the person, ask them firstly what was it that put them off and then settle it from there..if you find out what put them off then you can discuss it .

If they cant be reasonable then dont bother, and leave basically ..plus tell them that there being really imiture if they cant settle it with you.

i dunno how to get them to stop ignoring you..try a txt, a phone call, email, letter..

Edited by maegurwen

Tried all that. I've decided I'm gonna leave it. I see him tomorrow at school so see what happens. If he comes to his senses then whatever ... if not .... he's not worth it, and I gotta stop getting involved with these people.

Keep you guys updated

xx