LOST - UK THREAD

chris_mk

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Care to explain plot, etc? No spoilers, of course.

:headscratch: It sounds familiar, but doesn't ring any bells... I'm curious! :lol:

There's a trailer being shown on C4 for it at the moment.. doesn't tell you much, it's just all the characters dancing on a beach to a really cool Portishead track... it's quite surreal, but strangely captivating (helped by teh song).

The show is about the survivors of a plane crash, who are stranded on an Island. Except the Island isn't all it seems to be......

It's well scripted, well acted, tense and hugely watchable. There are a lot of interesting characters on the Island (I believe, as the series goes on, episodes concentrate on different survivors and their stories.)

Starts on E4 on 10th August.

Sounds like it's going to be like Lord of The Flies...anyone whose already seen it, am I right in thinking this? Hell, I'll be watching it anyway with Dominic Monaghan it it :D

Sounds like it's going to be like Lord of The Flies...anyone whose already seen it, am I right in thinking this? Hell, I'll be watching it anyway with Dominic Monaghan it it :D

The premise is a little similar, but you'd have to cross it with a hint of Twin Peaks, to accomodate some of the unusual occurencies... oh and you'd have to also cross it with a big film, the name of which should become apparant after episode 1. :wub:

Ive seen the adverts for this! It does look very very cool and I love the Prortishead track (Its called Numb I think Ive got their album somewhere). I thought it was another crappy reality show at first but Im looking forward to it now! Thanks Chris!!! :D

Ooh and talking of Dom Mon my mate has just started seeing this guy and I swear to god he is the spitting image of the Domster. Will have to persuade her to let me post a pic cos Ive got a pic that she sent me but I dont wanna post it without her permission. If you wanna see tho Dom fans e mail me and Ill e mail it to you. :wub:

Anyway I digress, cant wait to see Lost!! Woohoo!

Sounds like it's going to be like Lord of The Flies...anyone whose already seen it, am I right in thinking this?  Hell, I'll be watching it anyway with Dominic Monaghan it it  :D

The premise is a little similar, but you'd have to cross it with a hint of Twin Peaks, to accomodate some of the unusual occurencies... oh and you'd have to also cross it with a big film, the name of which should become apparant after episode 1. :wub:

Twin Peaks!!!!!!!! Im sold!!!! Twin Peaks - Best TV Show. Ever.

Sounds like it's going to be like Lord of The Flies...anyone whose already seen it, am I right in thinking this?  Hell, I'll be watching it anyway with Dominic Monaghan it it  :D

It's not as mental, off the wall or evil as Twin Peaks... but there's just some very strange things go on.... and a slightly sinister undertone.

But yeah, I'm a big TP fan too and I can't recommend this strongly enough!

It's weird, TV stations are trying to clamp down on internet sites offering downloads of episodes, but it's because of those sites that I'm here, 'bigging up' the series!! And they're not even paying me!! AND I'll buy the DVD when it comes out (Spetember for the region 1)

It's not as mental, off the wall or evil as Twin Peaks... but there's just some very strange things go on.... and a slightly sinister undertone.

It's weird, TV stations are trying to clamp down on internet sites offering downloads of episodes, but it's because of those sites that I'm here, 'bigging up' the series!! And they're not even paying me!! AND I'll buy the DVD when it comes out (Spetember for the region 1)

How have you seen it? Have you downloaded off the net??? ILLEGAL ACTIVITY!!! ;)

How have you seen it? Have you downloaded off the net??? ILLEGAL ACTIVITY!!! :o

;)

I have downloaded nothing!! :angry:

But I know a man who has :o

;)

I have downloaded nothing!! :angry:

But I know a man who has :(

SHOCKING!!!!!!!!! :o

E-mail me the website please

The premise is a little similar, but you'd have to cross it with a hint of Twin Peaks, to accomodate some of the unusual occurencies... oh and you'd have to also cross it with a big film, the name of which should become apparant after episode 1. :D

:P

I have downloaded nothing!! :P

But I know a man who has ;)

SHOCKING!!!!!!!!! :o

E-mail me the website please

I can't!! I honestly HAVEN'T downloaded anything!! :rolleyes:

A friend downloaded it, who gave it to anotehr friend, who lent it to me... and I put it on my PC (although I can't get episodes 3 and 4 to work) :(

looking forward to seeing what this will be like the trailer being shown on C4 at mo looks interesting :lol:

has it been on before? i noticed that some ppl have already seen it B)

it has'nt been on over here yet, they've probably downloaded it :P:D

looking forward to seeing what this will be like the trailer being shown on C4 at mo looks interesting :rolleyes:

has it been on before? i noticed that some ppl have already seen it :rolleyes:

it has'nt been on over here yet, they've probably downloaded it :lol::lol:

I would have if my computer was quick enough, lol! No it's currently being shown here in Ireland, that's how I've seen it anyway, don't know about others! We've just seen episode 11!

Watched the first episode of this this morning. Looks amazing (from a geeky cinematography point of view its shot beautifully) Dom Monaghan character is very edgy for him. It couldnt be further away from Merry! Hes a crackhead!!!! :lol:

Looking good tho! :D

Will wait for the rest to come on telly now tho cos it tooks blobbin ages to download!

Watched the first episode of this this morning. Looks amazing (from a geeky cinematography point of view its shot beautifully) Dom Monaghan character is very edgy for him. It couldnt be further away from Merry! Hes a crackhead!!!! :D

Looking good tho! :wub:

Will wait for the rest to come on telly now tho cos it tooks blobbin ages to download!

'blobbin ages' :lol::o:P

Watched the first episode of this this morning. Looks amazing (from a geeky cinematography point of view its shot beautifully) Dom Monaghan character is very edgy for him. It couldnt be further away from Merry! Hes a crackhead!!!! :o

Looking good tho! :lol:

'blobbin ages' :angry::D:D

:lol: Its a northern thing darlin! :o