BOOK 7 - SPOLIERS!

samwise16

by the way it was olive hornby not alice hornby who myrtle wanted to haunt!! lol!! :lol:

910792[/snapback]

oops. i knew it was something like that.

and for people who do think harry is a horcrux... who says he has to die? i think he could survive. what is the only way we know of to get rid of someones soul?

a dementor!

what if harry can work it so that a dementor sucks out LV's soul but not his own?? then he could live right?

saying that... im not even convinced harry is a horcrux. i was but im not so sure any more.

=x=

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to think Harry was a Horcrux. When Voldermort cast the AK spell on him , i thought maybe something went wrong and POOF, he made him a horcrux without knowing. It made sense in my head, becuase then i figured that's why they're both connected so strongly.

Then i gave up on the theory. It's too much of a jumble, and i really doubt it now.

I read an interview with JKR in which she said Harry's eyes would be important in the last book and although I know everyone's always saying that he has eyes like his mother I still haven't worked out how it will be important.

Here's my theories on some things that will happen in the book:

I think Neville wil be important. There was nothing to say that Harry was the boy the prophecy was talking about. The only reason it was changed to Harry's name was because Voldy 'marked' him. It's still possible that Neville will get marked, I don't see why JK would mention the fact that it could have been Harry or Neville without a reason.

I think they'll be a really dramatic fight scene between Voldy and Harry, and *shock, horror* Harry will be killed, Voldy will think he's won and the readers will be in shock. Only for Harry to enter and kill Voldy, made possible by the fact that it was Tonk's fighting Voldy using her animagous (sp?) powers to pretend to be Harry.

Hours talking it through with my brother and that's the best I can come up with - it's pathetic really :huh:

Hey, no, that is a pretty good theory actually. I like it. It's got me thinking about the eyes now as I am trying to think how they can be so important in the last book......the whole concept of Tonks using her metamorhpmagi power to distract Voldy is good but it would be sad to see her leave the story.

Hey, no, that is a pretty good theory actually. I like it. It's got me thinking about the eyes now as I am trying to think how they can be so important in the last book......the whole concept of Tonks using her metamorhpmagi power to distract Voldy is good but it would be sad to see her leave the story.

921719[/snapback]

Why thankyou, it only took me hours to think of it :lol: . I don't know how Harry's eyes are going to come into it. It would be sad to see Tonk's killed off, she's one of my favourtie characters (she's the only character in books that is as clumsy as me), but there doesn't seem any other reason to introduce a character that is a metamorhpmagi.

It would be sad to see Tonk's killed off, she's one of my favourtie characters (she's the only character in books that is as clumsy as me), but there doesn't seem any other reason to introduce a character that is a metamorhpmagi.

921837[/snapback]

Same here! LOL! Well I can see your point about there being a reason for bringing in a metamorphmagi....but maybe JK just wanted to widen the world of magic by introducing different forms-etc

but i really dont think that JK will kill off the main character espeacially since how long he's been part of her life!

910425[/snapback]

But if she killed him off it'd mean she wouldnt have to write any sequels which loads of people want. It'll all be over, end of y'no

But i dont want Harry to ddiiee :rolleyes:

I read an interview with JKR in which she said Harry's eyes would be important in the last book and although I know everyone's always saying that he has eyes like his mother I still haven't worked out how it will be important.

Here's my theories on some things that will happen in the book:

I think Neville wil be important. There was nothing to say that Harry was the boy the prophecy was talking about. The only reason it was changed to Harry's name was because Voldy 'marked' him. It's still possible that Neville will get marked, I don't see why JK would mention the fact that it could have been Harry or Neville without a reason.

I think they'll be a really dramatic fight scene between Voldy and Harry, and *shock, horror* Harry will be killed, Voldy will think he's won and the readers will be in shock. Only for Harry to enter and kill Voldy, made possible by the fact that it was Tonk's fighting Voldy using her animagous (sp?) powers to pretend to be Harry.

Hours talking it through with my brother and that's the best I can come up with - it's pathetic really  :rolleyes:

921579[/snapback]

Dude!! Thats a fantastic theory!!! :blush:

• 3 weeks later...

Please tell me if im wrong but if Harry was a Horcrux then why was Voldermort so keen to kill him himself in GOF it wouldnt make sense. I think the reason the death eaters werent allowed to kill him is because Voldermort like he said in GOF wants everyone to realise he's the greatest wizard and kill him himself to make nobody doubt him. That would go well with his phsyce.

I also think Snape has a good part to play as its rare that Dumbledore would make that much of a catastrophic judge of character.

And if it was that easy to make Harry a Horcrux, why wouldnt dumbledore know, surely he'd expect him like us more than most other things.

Ive got other ideas but im Knackered and cant remember them now. Let me know what peeps think!:P

Please tell me if im wrong but if Harry was a Horcrux then why was Voldermort so keen to kill him himself in GOF it wouldnt make sense. I think the reason the death eaters werent allowed to kill him is because Voldermort like he said in GOF wants everyone to realise he's the greatest wizard and kill him himself to make nobody doubt him. That would go well with his phsyce.

929690[/snapback]

exactly, thats another part of it, hes tried to kill harry twice himself and possesed him to try and make dumbledore kill him as well

does everyone still think snape is really evil? I am still debating about whether he is under polyjuice potion (although I think that has been a bit overused!) or whether he had an agreement with Dumbledore (but then why would dumbledore beg?) I just dunno what to think about snape, but I reckon malfoy will come over to the good side (but will Harry every trust him, I don't think so!)

I think Dumbledore is gonna be in a picture like all the other headmasters. as far as we have ever seen the other headmasters can still talk/help out. That is how Dumbledore is still gonna help harry, as a photo in his office. I dunno if that is correct or not, but its what I thought as soon as he had died (Harry has just gotta talk to him in his office!)

everyone keeps mentioning to me that Ron or Hermione die. I am too anti this to even consider the possibility! why would Jk spend six books setting them up together, to kill one of them off? (I still think they should have got together in book six but hey ho!)

Hiya,

not been on here for ages but just finished re-reading HBP and I am seriously doubting where Snapes loyalties lie... especially with him being a really good Occlumens! Its so frustrating, only time will tell...

It got me thinking about RAB again too... I did think Regulus Black at first, but then it came to me! Someone who was also a death eater who ended up in Azkaban....... Rabastan Lestrange! Rudolphus Lestranges (Bellatrix's Husband) brother!

But then that messes up my theory that Kreacher helped Regulus get the real horcrux cos only one wizard can get across in the boat and like Harry, Kreacher doest register as a wizard, and also in OOTP Sirius is going through the Black family tree tapestry with Harry and says that "Tonks isnt on here. Maybe thats why Kreacher wont take orders from her - hes supposed to do whatever anyone in the family asks him".

Which brings up the question, does Harry really have any control over Kreacher at all seeing as he is not actually family.. and Bellatrix and the Malfoys are on the Black family tree meaning that Kreacher has to obey them.

Just a few thoughts lol :lol:

still undecided on snape

i think malfoy will stay bad and may even get killed near the end

rabastans initials don't fit RAB

yes, kreacher does have to obay bella and the others if they were to give him an order, but he also belongs to 12 grimmauld place which sirius left to harry so he has to obay harry

and harry may be a relation to the blacks, on the tapestry jo did for bookaid she made a sister, niece or aunt (i forget) of sirius's mother marry a potter, who had one son

rabastans initials don't fit RAB

I meant RAB as in short for Rabastan not the initials

931363[/snapback]

Though im still actually rooting for Regulus!!! :P

Some people on Leaky Cauldron have said they have convinced RAB is Amy Benson who Voldermort took into the cave when he went on the orphanage trip! :D Where do they get these ideas? lol :P

I dunno if it was this thread or the other book 7 spoiler thread but a few people were expressing they had fears about Harrys abilities to ever overcome Voldermort. well when reading the books or watching the films i thought about this.

1. Dumbledore clearly believes in Harrys ability prophecy or no prophecy he wouldnt let Harry take this on if he doubted his ability as did Lupin and even Barty crouch jnr when he was disguised as Mad eye Moody said he could become an auror

2. He's the only Wizard (other than Dumbledore we know so far) to have faced off Voldermort in a duel and survived,(Goblet of Fire) even Malfoy was shocked and surprised if you watch his face.

3. He fought of how many Dementors in Prisoner of Azkaban who else in his year couldve done that even Snape said this person had to be a very powerful wizard. And the order were very impressed with his full patronus for his age

4. He's also produced magic without the aid of a wand or words. at the age of 10 with dudley and the snake. In Prisoner with blowing up his Aunt, Theyre only just learning how to do that now at the age of 16 Harry did it at 10.

5. Even Hermione was the one to suggest that Harry teach the members of the DA (who were amazed at what he'd previously done) defense against the dark arts

Maybe he doesnt pay attention in class (theres alot of 10-16 yr olds that dont) but he still passed his exams (even potions) and excells at things when its more important like when his or a friends life is at stake.

Oh well theyre my theories does anyone have any others???:huh:

ok dont know if anyone else has posted someting about this but one of my friends told me she's read somewhere that there was gonna be a new character who's gonna be related to the wealeys and is gonna be evil

dunno if its true or not

but have any of you heard anything like this

i think this is on jos site somewhere, she was supposed to be a cousin of rons that wasn't exactly nice but jo couldn't fit her into where she wanted her, like hermiones little sister and the fact that dean isn't muggleborn but his real dad was a wizard but the storywas dropped because it was too much like nevilles :rolleyes:

On the whole Snape theory no-one has mentioned one VERY (I think) important fact - Snape was the Half Blood Prince!

If Snape was half blood he wouldn't be allowed to be a death eater, would he?

Voldemort would have the power to know something like that, maybe Voldy is using Snape as a spy as well as Dumbledore.

But maybe VM intends to kill Snape now that he's got all the info and that dumbledore is dead!

Dumbledore might be dead, not sure yet, but he certainly won't be gone.

I'm actually not completely convinced that Sirius is gone because he and the girl (can't remember her name) could hear them behind the curtain in OOTP.

Maybe that's got a significance? :lol:

Corect me if you think I am wrong here, but someone mentioned something about Sirius not really being gone earlier in this thread....and it made me think.

I have had a feeling for ages that, even if he IS gone, he is going to be in the final battle alongside Harry....I don't know why I just have a gut feeling.