BOOK 7 - SPOLIERS!

samwise16

• Showmasters Admin

I'm getting all confused now. There are too many speculation/theory threads and I'm doubling up on what people have said elswhere. A couple of people have mentioned in other threads that a heavy locket was found at No.12 when they were clearing the place out in OOP, so the Mundungus/Regilius theories seem to be on track so far.

We should keep all speculations to one thread only, and leave the other one for general discussion. It would make my life simpler!

Andrea

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 peices of soul, Dumbledore said there were 6 horcrux, Voldy would still need some soul to live!

I still think the idea of Harry being a Horcrux is popsturous (sp?)!

:lol:

preposterous. :lol:

and i agree, it doesnt work. i think hed know about it if there was a pice of voldemort inside of him.ewww

7 peices of soul, Dumbledore said there were 6 horcrux, Voldy would still need some soul to live!

:lol:

preposterous. :lol:

and i agree, it doesnt work. i think hed know about it if there was a pice of voldemort inside of him.ewww

YAY! Glad im not the only one. As I said before its far too obvious and JK is never obvious as we know!

I'm getting all confused now. There are too many speculation/theory threads and I'm doubling up on what people have said elswhere. A couple of people have mentioned in other threads that a heavy locket was found at No.12 when they were clearing the place out in OOP, so the Mundungus/Regilius theories seem to be on track so far.

We should keep all speculations to one thread only, and leave the other one for general discussion. It would make my life simpler!

Andrea

yes. there was a locket that no one could open found in a cabinate, in the drawing room at grimmauld place.

=x=

:P

preposterous. :D

YAY! Glad im not the only one. As I said before its far too obvious and JK is never obvious as we know!

hmm i do agree mostly but part of me thinks he wouldnt know. i mean some of the things harry does are pretty reckless and he does have this amazing connction with voldemort that could be explained if he has part of his soul.

i doint think tis that obvious really. i mean yeah it is i guess for thoseof us who know the books, but i didnt think of it until someone said ti on here. Another reason i can see it beign possible is because in the next and final book harry will have to find about 4 horcruxes. It tok Dumbledore a year to find 2 so how on earth will harry, as inexperienced as he is, going to find them alone (more or less).

However i do think that Dumbledore would have thought of this and if it was a possibility he would ahve told harry

I wonder if Dumbledore's made a will and leaves useful things to Harry.

I'm intrigued by the idea of Harry being a Horcrux. What if he finds all the other Horcruxes, kills Snape and makes a Horcrux of himself then goes after Voldemort and they kill each other, then Ron and Hermione set about restoring Harry from his Horcrux he made when he killed Snape?

Does that make sense?

I read somewhere that JKR said the last word in book 7 was 'scar.' Maybe something like...'he looked in the mirror and there was no longer a scar.'

Hmmmm. I just don't know how I'll survive till book 7 comes out.

i have been thinking about this whole harry having a horcrux thing. i honestly dont think he would do it. he woudl have to kill people and well... i suppose the only person i can think of that hary might have little remorse for is wormtail. but he saved him last time. hmmm...

i still think that if harry is a horcrux there will be a way to get rid of voldemorts soul without killing harry. then he will be able to go after the mortal voldemort

=x=

on the number of Horocrux (sp)

it does say in the book that there are 6 with the 7th and final pecie of sould residing in Voldy

so voldy's soul parts are/were in the following

1 the diary (destroyed)

2 the ring (destroyed)

3 the locket (probably in 12 grimwald place)

4 hufflepuff's cup (where abts unknown)

5 somthing of ravenclaw or griffindors (where abts unknown)

6 either in Nagani or Harry

and

7 voldy himself

preposterous. :P

hmm i do agree mostly but part of me thinks he wouldnt know. i mean some of the things harry does are pretty reckless and he does have this amazing connction with voldemort that could be explained if he has part of his soul.

i doint think tis that obvious really. i mean yeah it is i guess for thoseof us who know the books, but i didnt think of it until someone said ti on here. Another reason i can see it beign possible is because in the next and final book harry will have to find about 4 horcruxes. It tok Dumbledore a year to find 2 so how on earth will harry, as inexperienced as he is, going to find them alone (more or less).

However i do think that Dumbledore would have thought of this and if it was a possibility he would ahve told harry

yeahhh, i agree, it seems obvious now ive read it here but i doubt i would have thought of it myself.

Also I think in some ways harry would be quite a clever place for him to put the last horcrux. I mean, book 6 has particularily shown how Tom/Voldemort rather loves himself and thinks himself great. He clearly thinks himself more powerful than any other wizard. So if he thinks Harry is who the prophets about then he'd surely think the one place nobodies gonna be able to destroy it is in Harry. And if Harrys the only one who can kill Voldemort then he's not gonna need his horcrux it if harrys killed...

if that makes sense ^_^

Though Daveys right with his reasoning too i guess...it is pretty....err...impractical... :D

ahhhhh who knows lol

And in Dumbledore's office, Harry was upset to see Dumbledore pleading for his life....

But I don't think he was. I think he was pleading for Snape to end his pain.

Rather than pleading to end his pain i thought he mighta been pleading for snape to kill him so to not blow snapes cover...with the other death eaters there and draco its likely dumbledore WAS gonna be killed no matter what, and with the poison maybe having pretty much killed him already.

So he coulda just been pleading for Snape to do it so the Death Eaters still trust him rather than Snape try save him and all the years of Snape getting voldemorts trust be lost...? :lol:

• Showmasters Admin

But he never intended to make Harry a horcrux, he just had no choice when his murder attempt backfired. I still think he intended to kill harry in order to make his 6th Horcrux afterwards but when the spell backfired and killed him instead he had to place a part of his soul in Harry in the split second before he died.

Something else interesting I've noticed. Non of the "good guys" have actually killed anyone, even when they had motive and opportunity. Think about it. Even when they were fighting Death Eaters at the ministery (when they were fighting for their lives and the lives of their friends) they were still only casting incapacitating jinxes. I'm not sure, but I think the same goes for Sirius and Remus, and certainly Dumbledore. I'm not sure what it means but I do think it's going to be important, and it certainly ties in with what was said in HBP.

Andrea

when the spell backfired and killed him instead he had to place a part of his soul in Harry in the split second before he died

I as thinking about this, cos like someone had mentioned before, he made the horcruxes a major thing with only doing them at important deaths. And his own would surely be the most major death he caused lol

Ive started reading the books again now from the beginning, i WILL work out the end :D:D

Did it at any point say who Dumbledore defeated that resulted in his black hand? Did he kill that person? :D Ive only read the book once and even though it wasnt long ago there was just too much to take in lol.

Ive reread about half the first book and on the info on his card free with the chocolate frog mentions him defeating a great wizard too....though it doesnt say he actually killed them....hmmmmmm...

that would be grindelwald that he defeated in the past. go read the mugglenet/tlc 3 part interview for more on that

my own theory on dumbldores hand is that he injured it trying to take the horcrux/ring from its place of protection

preposterous. :D

yeahhh, i agree, it seems obvious now ive read it here but i doubt i would have thought of it myself.

Also I think in some ways harry would be quite a clever place for him to put the last horcrux. I mean, book 6 has particularily shown how Tom/Voldemort rather loves himself and thinks himself great. He clearly thinks himself more powerful than any other wizard. So if he thinks Harry is who the prophets about then he'd surely think the one place nobodies gonna be able to destroy it is in Harry. And if Harrys the only one who can kill Voldemort then he's not gonna need his horcrux it if harrys killed...

if that makes sense :wub:

Though Daveys right with his reasoning too i guess...it is pretty....err...impractical... :P

ahhhhh who knows lol

but voldemort didnt know harry would not be killed - if he thought he could kill harry he wouldnt want to put a piece of his soul into him otherwise surely it would just be lost?

edit - oh just read andreas tkae on this, it makes more sense that he could have done it in a plit second, though would he have had time to do this? surely it would take a long time to make a horcrux? isnt the death spell instantaneous?

Edited by Cazzie15

that would be grindelwald that he defeated in the past. go read the mugglenet/tlc 3 part interview for more on that

my own theory on dumbldores hand is that he injured it trying to take the horcrux/ring from its place of protection

he did didnt he? didnt he say ti was a result of destroying the ring horcrux?

he did didnt he? didnt he say ti was a result of destroying the ring horcrux?

Yup that is why, he put his hand in something!

Harry can not be a horcrux think about it.

Something that powerful could not be an accident surely! Altho I can kinda of see that Harry is horcrux cos it could make sense, I would be very disapointed, far too predictible but it doesnt quite sum up that he is.

That prolly makes no sense but it does to me.

it was never 100% said how dumbledore injured his hand

(going back to my harry = unitentional 8th horcrux theory)

harry, in the conventional sense of the word, was not a horcrux, i was using the term loosley be defining a horcrux as a vessel to house part of anothers soul. so harry, at the age of one having accidently been given some of voldemorts attributes could well have given part of his soul (and knowledge) in that split second.

voldemort not knowing this happened went on after being brought back in goblet went on to complete his set making harry an 8th.

i think something was triggered when voldemort was brought back (like the piece wanting to return to its owner) and this brought on all harrys anger and resentment in book 5.

i believe that the connection was severed when voldemort possesed harry at the fight in the ministry and the touching of each of thier souls returned the small part back into voldemorts own.

all without his knowledge.

hows that sound? may the destroying of this theory begin :wub:

Hey all! :D

On the subject of Horcruxes... In chapter 20, Harry and Dumbledore watch Voldermort on the pensieve come back to Hogwarts to ask Dumbledore for the DADA job.

(Page 417)

Voldermort sneered. "If you do not want to give me a job-"

"Of course I dont, said Dumbledore. 'And I dont think for a moment you expected me to. Nevertheless, you came here, you asked, you must have had a purpose"

then... Harry asks Dumbledore if he thought he knew why Voldermort came back and Dumbledore said he had an idea, but he would tell Harry when he had got the memory from Slughorn... "When we have the last piece of the jigsaw"

Dumbledore obviously thought he wanted to make a Horcrux at Hogwarts, and im thinking possibly Gryffindors sword???

In the same chapter when Voldermort leaves the office it says.. "He (Harry) was sure that Voldermorts hand had twitched towards his pocket and his wand." Depending on how you make a Horcrux maybe he put a part of his soul into the sword... or mabe he just cursed the DADA job... cant make my mind up! lol :lol:

Plus, does anyone have any idea about what the Ravenclaw item is??

on the number of Horocrux (sp)

it does say in the book that there are 6 with the 7th and final pecie of sould residing in Voldy

so voldy's soul parts are/were in the following

1 the diary (destroyed)

2 the ring (destroyed)

3 the locket (probably in 12 grimwald place)

4 hufflepuff's cup (where abts unknown)

5 somthing of ravenclaw or griffindors (where abts unknown)

6 either in Nagani or Harry

and

7 voldy himself

looking at 5 and 6.

what if harry is something of gryffindors? long shot i know. but could it be possible? heir of gryffindor perhaps? he did live at GODRICS hollow. all be it briefly.

=x=