Help needed

hobbitslut

Hey peeps

I need an idea/s for costumes for C9 or LFACC (can't get to C8). I don't have a sewing machine so it needs to be fairly simple to make. I have absoltutly no inspiration at the moment and would appericate any ideas that anybody could give me. I am into Doctor Who, HP, LOTR and x-men. Was thinking about going as Hermoine but I am not sure as it's something I want to be instnatly recogniseable. (sp)

Cheers

if i delay or rewear my durmstrang outfit why don't you go as a beaubatons student, there are many simple patterns for robes on the net and you can use that iron on sticky stuff instead of sewing

(thats my plan because i don't have a sewing machine either)

if i delay or rewear my durmstrang outfit why don't you go as a beaubatons student, there are many simple patterns for robes on the net and you can use that iron on sticky stuff instead of sewing

(thats my plan because i don't have a sewing machine either)

Hiya,

Cheers guys but I have a plan.

I'm going as Harry Potter himself. Will need to find somewhere to buy a cloak, even if it's not full length and I'm gonna get that transfer paper. Am well excited, was thinking about going as Rogue or Trinnity from The Matrix but I prefered the idea of Harry.

To be honest I think it's going to be more simple for me to buy robes than get a pattern. I don't even know the first thing about costume making to be honest. Though I'd love to learn.

I may go as Ginny depending if I can get hold of a decent red wig.

• 3 weeks later...
What do you look like? I could offer sugguestions once I've seen a pic. Harry Potter is a good choice. Robes on the other hand I'm not sure on. I made the pattern for Naurawen I could do one for you.

jbandme.jpg

This is me......taken at LFACC obviously. Was thinkin of adoring a Ginger wig and being Ginny.......I want to go as somebody from HP prefferably recognisabale.

What do you look like?  I could offer sugguestions once I've seen a pic.  Harry Potter is a good choice.  Robes on the other hand I'm not sure on.  I made the pattern for Naurawen I could do one for you.

jbandme.jpg

This is me......taken at LFACC obviously. Was thinkin of adoring a Ginger wig and being Ginny.......I want to go as somebody from HP prefferably recognisabale.

Actually, yeah I tink you would work as a Ginny. I've just imaged you with the red wig and I think it will work.

@ Legolassie: Thanks! I'm definately taking it to CM, but don't know what day I'll be wearing it.

@hobbitslut: I only just realised that you look quite a lot like Bonnie Wright! You'd be really recognisable as Ginny! (if nobody recognises you, I'll start pointing at you and saying "look, it's Ginny Weasley!", so they will :blink: )

• 2 weeks later...
@ Legolassie: Thanks! I'm definately taking it to CM, but don't know what day I'll be wearing it.

@hobbitslut: I only just realised that you look quite a lot like Bonnie Wright! You'd be really recognisable as Ginny! (if nobody recognises you, I'll start pointing at you and saying "look, it's Ginny Weasley!", so they will  :lol: )

844635[/snapback]

LOL. Well I will try Ginny but I also liked the idea or Ripley. I haven't actually watched any of the alien films cos they aren't my cup of tea. But we will see. Cheers everyone xx

@hobbitslut: I only just realised that you look quite a lot like Bonnie Wright! You'd be really recognisable as Ginny! (if nobody recognises you, I'll start pointing at you and saying "look, it's Ginny Weasley!", so they will  :P )

844635[/snapback]

LOL. Well I will try Ginny but I also liked the idea or Ripley. I haven't actually watched any of the alien films cos they aren't my cup of tea. But we will see. Cheers everyone xx

851875[/snapback]

Costuming is always good fun. Its good to hear people wanting to do it.