DID ANYONE SEE THE 3 POEPLE BEING TAKEN AWAY?

JOLLYWOOD

You tend to get the same people turning up to these things, trying to blag their way through or annoy crew members, public, guests etc the best they can...you start to recognise them after a few events.

It's rather sad they can find nothing better to do really...had one guy and his kid at LFACC2 who'd paid for one auto and tried to squeeze 6 more out of Nick Frost - when I told him he'd only paid for one, his kid was suddenly suffering from every life - threatening condition under the sun and would die there and then if Nick didn't sign - I couldn't believe it. Luckily, Nick chose to take a well time loo break at that moment and disappeared.

People will try and do anything.

You tend to get the same people turning up to these things, trying to blag their way through or annoy crew members, public, guests etc the best they can...you start to recognise them after a few events.

It's rather sad they can find nothing better to do really...had one guy and his kid at LFACC2 who'd paid for one auto and tried to squeeze 6 more out of Nick Frost - when I told him he'd only paid for one, his kid was suddenly suffering from every life - threatening condition under the sun and would die there and then if Nick didn't sign - I couldn't believe it. Luckily, Nick chose to take a well time loo break at that moment and disappeared.

He tried to use his kid? What an absolute s*@t!!!!!! ;)

i think they are always have a serious look on there face as i assume they are constantley assessing whether people are a threat to the guest or not. i notice sms always have the same shaven headed security man at the events for the somewhat bigger stars. he can eyeball me all he wants aslong as everything goes smoothly!!

I actually know that guy he's not too bad if you know him and have a nice convo with him but when he's in CPO mode hes completely different to usual but I guess you have to be to do that kinda job

I love the security guards.

It really screws with your brain when you see them afterwards in jeans and tshirts having fun. And when they come up to you to say hello to you, you dont recognise them. The suits are gone the serious look has vanished.

He tried to use his kid? What an absolute s*@t!!!!!! :angel:

Strip him,Tar and feather him and then slap his spam with a wet fish till it bleeds then rub salt in it!, then make him stand in the middle of MK shopping centre for all to throw rotten fruit at..

Sad man very sad!

I'm sure the same guy was infront of me at the Billy talk on Sunday too, with his kid - had to restrain myself from slapping him with a wet kipper (Not that I carry one round with me for that purpose... :P ahem!) !

It's not unusual to see people using their kids to get freebies or attention - only time I've come across it and it wasn't deliberate was at the last Collectormania - a small boy named Luke waited an age to meet Sean Astin with his dad and Sean was captivated by this kid, he absolutely loved him. The father didn't push the kid forward or try to get attention, his son was just naturally a lovely kid who caught Sean's eye. I'd rather see more of that than pushy parents using their kids as pawns...gets me so angry :angry:

I've also had people who'll say they have a small child with mobility issues that they have to use a pram for so they ask to just jump the queue....usually doesn't work when I've seen them borrowing a pram (and someone elses kid) earlier on in the day whilst walking past one of the entrances after the crew meeting.

The guards are actually really nice guys when you bump into them at the bar in the crew hotels etc - I remember being quite intimidated by the bald security guard that looks like the scary Italian referee at my first con when meeting Billy; got a bit of a shock when I first crewed and discovered he was a nice guy! :lol: