old timers

indio

Did anyone else watch Sapphire and Steel?

:lol:

We've got a 60's Batman reunion thingy happening at C8. It would be great to see a trend of 'vintage' guests appear. Patrick Macnee, etc.

It's a bit sad that older, really well known guests who have resumes longer than any of today's stars, are being ignored in favour of the current "flavour of the month" 20 somethings who no one will remember in 10 years time.

Peter Falk

Robert Vaughn

David Macullum

Angela Lansbury

D1ck Van Dyke

Ronny Cox

Bob Gunton

Patrick Macnee

And I think we'd all die if Christopher Walken was announced.

Apart from Walken, I don't feel any of the above are unrealistic if SM's actually tried hard enough to get them. I know Auotgraphica had Robert Vaughn last year and I didn't know about it, so I missed him which I'm a bit :unsure: about. At least we know he's willing to do events.

Edited by Beaker.

:o

We've got a 60's Batman reunion thingy happening at C8. It would be great to see a trend of 'vintage' guests appear. Patrick Macnee, etc.

It's a bit sad that older, really well known guests who have resumes longer than any of today's stars, are being ignored in favour of the current "flavour of the month" 20 somethings who no one will remember in 10 years time.

Peter Falk

Robert Vaughn

David Macullum

Angela Lansbury

D1ck Van Dyke

Ronny Cox

Bob Gunton

Patrick Macnee

Apart from Walken, I don't feel any of the above are unrealistic if SM's actually tried hard enough to get them. I know Auotgraphica had Robert Vaughn last year and I didn't know about it, so I missed him which I'm a bit :lol: about. At least we know he's willing to do events.

I don't know if they are being ignored in favour of trendy guests, but it really would be good to see MORE retro guests (is 'retro' the right word? :unsure: ).

*dies at the thought of ever seeing Christopher Walken at one of these events*

B)

Yeah, I like the idea of keeping it oldskool. Got to be Patrick McGoohan and Peter Falk for me. Oh, and the Shatner I suppose!

Robert Vaughan. David McCallum and Joanna Lumley? Did anyone else watch Sapphire and Steel?

Easy.

I'd like to second EVERY guest suggestion you listed.

My older boy loved SAPPHIRE AND STEEL. I just loved David McCallum! Everyone wanted that flamin' Purdey haircut. Ms. Lumley is a class act. Well-worth meeting!

Pauline XX

I would also love to see older, more cult TV guests....like the cast from the original Battlestar Galatica series. I made a thread in the C8 section for these, which no one is supporting, and I think it's such a shame. These guys are fantastic with their fans, they have time for everyone and a lot of the recent guests could take a leaf out of their books.

BTW: I used to watch Sapphire and Steel. The one episode that sticks in my mind, was the one where the people had no eyes or mouths...freaky.

I don't think SM ignores older stars - after all they had loads of old Dr Who guests, and they've also had the likes of Kate Jackson and Honor Blackman - but it would be nice to see some more of the real actors who've done loads, rather than some of the child actors who we've seen in one film before they're destined to a life of autograph appearances rather than get a real job...

All the previous suggestions are good ideas - Seeing people from Sapphire & Steel and Avengers would be superb!

We need more luvvies! :unsure:

I agree about that Sapphire & Steel story! The faceless man that is supposed to be in every photo ever taken? That scared me as a kid! I loved the one about the soldier on the railway station too.

Edited by Nebitt!!

I don't think SM ignores older stars - after all they had loads of old Dr Who guests, and they've also had the likes of Kate Jackson and Honor Blackman - but it would be nice to see some more of the real actors who've done loads, rather than some of the child actors who we've seen in one film before they're destined to a life of autograph appearances rather than get a real job...

All the previous suggestions are good ideas - Seeing people from Sapphire & Steel and Avengers would be superb!

We need more luvvies! :unsure:

I agree about that Sapphire & Steel story! The faceless man that is supposed to be in every photo ever taken? That scared me as a kid! I loved the one about the soldier on the railway station too.

The old Dr Who guests were only due to the reunion, and most of them (the Doctor's assistants) haven't acted much since or are no longer in the profession, so I don't think they count.

Sadly Kate Jackson wasn't popular at LFCC2, and Honor Blackman was ages ago at about C3.

It's about time we had some more proper old TV/cinema legends. :lol:

Exactly.

I apperciate the newer actors and actresses, i love Buffy and Angel etc, but do we really need people who have appeared in a Star Wars special edition for about 2 seconds?

Does anyone actually buy their sigs? Dont want to offend but it seems they are usually sitting around with noone even giving them a second look!

I think the cult TV vibe would go down well at one of SMs events, and i dont just mean Star Trek (although i would like to meet the Shatner!).

Is Rod Serling still around in the world? The creator of the Twilight Zone, Night Gallery and scriptor of P of the Apes would be awesome. I assume he must have passed on by now though!

How about Roy Thinnes of Invaders fame?

Nice one Beaker for the thread!

Nice one Beaker for the thread!

Meep Meep! :D

Kermit's trying to get Vaughn and Macullum to be our very special guest stars for the next show!

*distant echo of Kermit's "yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy* :unsure:

Peter Falk

Robert Vaughn

David Macullum

Angela Lansbury

D1ck Van Dyke

Ronny Cox

Bob Gunton

Patrick Macnee

Apart from Walken, I don't feel any of the above are unrealistic if SM's actually tried hard enough to get them. I know Auotgraphica had Robert Vaughn last year and I didn't know about it, so I missed him which I'm a bit :D about. At least we know he's willing to do events.

I don't know if they are being ignored in favour of trendy guests, but it really would be good to see MORE retro guests (is 'retro' the right word? :unsure: ).

*dies at the thought of ever seeing Christopher Walken at one of these events*

:blink:

I think "trendy" guests are a bit easier to get - they (or should that be "the studio" will have a new series, season, or DVD to promote, and will "send" actors to events, or at least encourage them to attend.

The Dean Stockwells, Honor Blackmans, Kate Jacksons etc on the other hand, may or may not still be acting, or retired or whatever. For them it's for SMs to track them down / seek them out to attend ....

I think !

Sweet choices, dudes! :unsure::D

My list (cruddy with actor names, so just show names): Battlestar Galactica (the original, of course), Space: 1999, and Hitchcock movies. It's a short list, but my brain is not currently working (does it ever?! Lolz), and it's been yeeeears since they've shown these on television, because broadcasters have no taste! Lolz. Oooo - Soap stars would be fun, too! Hehe. Just got that on DVD :lol: Although lots of them are mega famous now, of course., but you can always dream! :blink:

Edited by Cher2a

Peter Falk :D

Angela Lansbury :P

d*** Van Dyke :lol:

Superb Choices, or any of the remaining (feisible actors - Obviously not Sean connery) that appeared in Hitchcocks films

Hallo Meeeery Poppins ! I can't beeeelieeeve the censored me firstest name !

Peter Falk  :D

Angela Lansbury  :P

d*** Van Dyke  :lol:

Superb Choices, or any of the remaining (feisible actors - Obviously not Sean connery) that appeared in Hitchcocks films

Lolz - yeah, that was a bit silly. Still, it's auto-sensoring. Software thing. Meh.

:P

You mean, if I write d***, I will be auto-censored ? :D

Edit : indeed :lol:

what about a cocktail ? Or a spam-tail ? Maybe spam tail ? No, this one is allowed :P

Edited by lams9999

Lolz! A bit silly, isn't it? Auto-sensoring is fun if you own your own board, though. You can tell it to change what the text says if you want it sensored - hehe - imagine the possibilities :D

Ps. Four hundred posts, dudes!!! WOOHOO!!! (Scary...)

Edited by Cher2a

You mean, if I write d***, I will be auto-censored ? :P

Edit : indeed :P

what about a cocktail ? Or a spam-tail ? Maybe spam tail ? No, this one is allowed :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I saw another forum, where it autobanned the surname of the guy at C7 that played Nightcrawler in X men !! :D

:huh:

You mean, if I write d***, I will be auto-censored ? :unsure:

Edit : indeed :lol:

what about a cocktail ? Or a spam-tail ? Maybe spam tail ? No, this one is allowed :P

:lol::lol::lol:

I saw another forum, where it autobanned the surname of the guy at C7 that played Nightcrawler in X men !! :blink:

Should we ask Mr Van Dyke to change his name by deed poll to spam Van Dyke so we can ask SM for him? :P

Should we ask Mr Van Dyke to change his name by deed poll to spam Van Dyke so we can ask SM for him? :lol:

:blink: Genius...pure genius :unsure:

I'm not Professor Honeydew's assistant for nothing you know! :huh:

Edited by Beaker.