Guest cancellation - WAYNE PYGRAM

wow big shock... not...., you couldn't just tell us like a month ago when the rumours were flyin?

Cos maybe Wayne was still attending then? :D

Wayne will not be attending this event. He has a professional commitment that will be keeping him home.

I find that hard to believe

I phoned Showmasters only a few days ago, and asked if Wayne is at London and I CAN CONFIRM HE IS ATTENDING.

If that is true, I will wait till Showmasters tells us of the situation.

:o

I am sorry, but it is true Wayne will not be attending. He does have a professional commitment that will keep him in Australia. I am his booking agent for ALL conventions, along with almost all of the Farscape cast members......... Unfortunately with this event as with the other event, he was advertised before confirmation, extending an invitation to someone, does not confirm their appearance.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Funny how people are signing up just to post here :o

Seriously, it would have done Showmasters NO favours to say that Wayne was attending if he wasn't ... he's not exactly an A-Lister who is gonna pull in LOADS of people just based on his attendance right? They can only go by what they're told.

He's not coming now, so not much we can do about it .. just know that he's willing to attend so hopefully he will in the future, it's better than nothing.

Funny how people are signing up just to post here ;)

Seriously, it would have done Showmasters NO favours to say that Wayne was attending if he wasn't ... he's not exactly an A-Lister who is gonna pull in LOADS of people just based on his attendance right? They can only go by what they're told.

He's not coming now, so not much we can do about it .. just know that he's willing to attend so hopefully he will in the future, it's better than nothing.

You beat me to it :D

:o

I don't think it makes ANYONE happy to be in a situation like this. Just makes sense for us to go by what SM say rather than someone else ... I don't know anything about the other person do I? U can say what u want in support of them, and it's nothing personal against them, but I'd rather wait for confirmation from someone I KNOW. I'm sure you can understand that.

Plus it doesn't make sense he was put on the site yesterday after it's been said on here that he's cancelled. So if he has, it'll be explained at some point.

Wayne won't be there, because Wayne is working.

Nothing to see here, move along.......Keep behind the yellow tape please.......move along.

:vader:  s*** !!!!

He and Matthew Wood were the only reasons that i was going to the event as they were currently the only Star Wars guests announced. Now that he is not going i might not bother going unless Showmasters can pull something Great for the Star Wars Fans

Wayne Pygram for Collectormania 8. As this is the second event that he has canceled, i think that he kind of owes it to the fans

What Cancelation? Get your facts straight!

Besides which, even if it was a second cancellation why does he owe it to the fans? It is always clearly stated that guests appear according to work commitments which come first. If Actors turn down work to come to these events they risk not getting any more roles. I'm sure he will attend one of the events in the future we just have to wait.

I had to go to 4 different events before I finally got to meet Teryl Rothery as she kept cancelling. Did I get annoyed about it? Not really, it just made it all the better when I finally did get to meet her.

:D

Thats spot on guys and the sad pathetic losers that are dragging up the past again need to get a life.

Like people of said Wayne Pygram is not Orlando Bloom! There was absolutely no point in SM trying to blag us. His part in ROTS was so small there was a large thread for people that did not even know who he was!

Whats the point of joining a forum hust to cause hassle. It does not even come into it, if you think you are his agent, know somebody that is or whatever! SM were bang on the mark it was beyond unproffesional and completely out of line!

Wayne is not coming, end of story! Deal with it and move on!

Too Tall threads closed please!

• Showmasters Admin

I'm not going to close any of these threads as people do have the right to talk about it.

We just need to stop the sniping and be constructive. Below is what I've posted in another thread about Wayne cancelling.

My request:

Please stop the sniping. If you have a problem, at least have the courtesy to post it constructively.

I don't think any of this sniping is helping and is only causing the forum to be an unfriendly place to come.

I understand that people are upset about Wayne cancelling. But there is no proof that the statement made by SM in May was not correct, it was very likely correct AT THE TIME. Yes it has been proved to be incorrect NOW, but things do change.

If you have a real issue with the way SM do business, have the guts to talk to them at an event. Posting random snidey comments on the forum does not help to improve anything.

Stuart.

• Showmasters Admin

I will be keeping an eye on it. If it gets silly I will stop it. My request is my attempt at get people to realise they shouldn't do it, and stop themselves.

It was a tad OTT. But your point was valid.

:D

Thats spot on guys and the sad pathetic losers that are dragging up the past again need to get a life.

Like people of said Wayne Pygram is not Orlando Bloom! There was absolutely no point in SM trying to blag us. His part in ROTS was so small there was a large thread for people that did not even know who he was!

Whats the point of joining a forum hust to cause hassle. It does not even come into it, if you think you are his agent, know somebody that is or whatever! SM were bang on the mark it was beyond unproffesional and completely out of line!

Wayne is not coming, end of story! Deal with it and move on!

Too Tall threads closed please!

Oh, for FECK'S SAKE! There was one person, I'll repeat that: ONE PERSON!!

Smiler does not equal "people".

Y'know Dom, not everyone wants to cause hassle - they do sometimes want to see the correct information is going out. For our sake. Some people actually like the fans.

And I've already dealt with it. I dealt with it a month ago.

I will be keeping an eye on it. If it gets silly I will stop it. My request is my attempt at get people to realise they shouldn't do it, and stop themselves.

It was a tad OTT. But your point was valid.

I appreciate that completely, Stuart. And I'm not trying to cause trouble.

But sometimes you just gotta defend an issue close to your heart.

:P

:P

Dude after all the hassle that kicked off over him canceling before now this? WTF man! The monkeys will throw thier banannas out the cage over this!

Bananas...catch them for me so I can make a banana sandwich...hey maybe third time will be a charm for old Scorpy getting over here...

At least he is working...needs to eat and live....

Puts Scorpy on his "future guests desired list"

Will