Billy Dee Williams

Han Solo

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought y'all might want to read this, taken from a Star Wars forum.

Topic: I just met Billy Dee Williams 

He was at a local news station. I shot up there as fast as I could. He came out the door. I ask him to sign my magazine. He said he doesn't sign SW but if I had 25 dollars. I said I don't have 25 dollars.

"Sorry." he said.

Thought y'all might want to read this, taken from a Star Wars forum.

Topic: I just met Billy Dee Williams 

He was at a local news station. I shot up there as fast as I could. He came out the door. I ask him to sign my magazine. He said he doesn't sign SW but if I had 25 dollars. I said I don't have 25 dollars.

"Sorry." he said.

All those who think he is a git, post "GIT" here !

I don't know if he has always been like this. I have met him twice, and both times he's been money first! Once you pay, he is pleasant enough. But I would imagine he, like a lot of the others were nicer before the explosion for Star Wars that happened in the mid 90's. I remember Dave Prowse signing for free at Forbidden Planet around 96. Imagine him doing that now?

The thing they all forget is when Star Wars mania has died again, as it will after Ep 3, most of them will be forgotten, and those that can will have to go back to their day jobs - acting! What will happen to those who can't?

That is why I admire the guests like Elijah and Sean, who make their living as actors, but give something back to the fans. That is why I don't begrudge them the money. As opposed to people who make their living selling their autographs. They got lucky and landed a part that has enabled them to make serious money and that is all they seek - money, money, money! The scope of their talent is defined by this. It is not just some of the Star Wars people that are like this.

:D

Robert Englund was £7.50 when he first started signing at collectormania.

And if I remember correctly I think Doug Bradley cost me £5.00. to sign a black and white glossy print. A bit extra for colour!

Ahhh, I remember when I could go into town and get a sherbet dip dab and a can of coke for 50p.

Those are the memories. :lol: