I saw ROTS at 12.40am on Thursday !

dufresne

Not a big SW fan at all, but kept a mate company at the Warner Village cinema, Belfast on Wednesday night / Thursday morning. He wasn’t joking. People really do dress up and have light sabre battles at the pic-n-mix ! Anyway, I can’t be arsed writing pages and pages, but the film isn’t as bad as you would think. It’s certainly a lot darker, and definitely makes up for TPM :lol:

Three main problems :

1. too little C-3PO

2. Hayden just doesn’t carry it

3. too much cgi - yoda included ! (sorry)

Great company, a fantastic Chinese meal, and then among the first in the UK to see ROTS – what better reason to get to bed at 5.30am with work the next day ?

Glad you enjoyed it Dufresne, I really enjoyed it too. Altho I have to disagree on the C-3PO comment, I cant stand that stupid knuckle head. Hayden I thought was much better than his previous performance and didnt do to bad, could have been better, but then has any Star Wars actor been any good :o Too much CGI indeed, unfortunatly thats the way for film making now, just have to live with it I guess!

I loved a certain Yoda moment tho, very funny :D

Just got back from watchin this film at I enjoyed every minute of it, Hayden was a lot better this time around and it was good seeing how everything turned against the Jedi and it helped explain a lot although there are still a few questions that wasn't answered. As per comments by others unfortunitly CGI is the way forward I personally didn't think it spolit the film I just can't wait for it to come out on DVD and have a Star Wars day of my own and watching them in the correct order of 1-6!!

Also did anyone spot the cameo roles?? I noticed Jermey Bulloch (Boba Fett) but George Lucas is supposed to be some were and a few others! I will have to go back the cinema to watch again to see if I can spot them.

I've literally just go back and have to say I loved every single minute of it. I've always been the first to mock Hayden but I thought his performance here was truly amazing.

For the first time in my life I came out of the cinema thinking "I have to see that again...now".

Did anyone else watch it just hoping that Anakin wasn't going to turn? Of course I knew he would..but it still hit me hard when it actually happened!

Actually I thought Natalie was worse than Hayden :rolleyes:

I think they miscast her to a shocking degree! lol

Hayden is good in everything I've seen him (Shattered Glass, Life as a House)....but AOTC! :lol: So so bad. Absolutely amazing in Shattered Glass though.

I haven't seen ROTS yet :lol:

i went to see it at 12.30 this morning aswell!! I thought it was really good!!! Hayden was much better and thought the lead up to him turning was really good!!! Lots of funny moments with r2d2 in the first few scenes!! The fights were all good and dramatic - i was so sad when all the jedis were getting killed off!! The best one i thought was obi wan and grievous or the emperor and yoda!!!

Speaking of yoda i half expected him to sigh and say something like "if you want anything doing.....do it yourself"!!!

Great film ties everything up at the end (a bit quickly but never mind) Lots of great action and lots of funny scenes - check it out when yoda goes to face the emperor!!! Everyone in the cinema was laughing!!!

Only problem i had was when he does turn to the dark side- its a bit quick - its like oh alright you can be my new master!!

I noticed Jermey Bulloch (Boba Fett)

I spotted the back of his head, yes ! I specifically sat on to see from the titles if it WAS him, and it WAS !!

Did you spot the millennium falcon early on ?

Didnt spot the falcon but a mate of mine did at the space port.

Saw it this afternoon and thought it was excellent - really dark. Even though I knew the plot ( who doesnt ) there were still some bits that made me think WOW .....

Wont put any spoilers but Mace Windus ending was awesome

Lots of funny moments with r2d2 in the first few scenes!!

Hahaha yup R2 rocked!!

Great film ties everything up at the end (a bit quickly but never mind)

Yup I thought that too.

Only problem i had was when he does turn to the dark side- its a bit quick - its like oh alright you can be my new master!!

Again in agreeance there. It did feel a bit rushed with the whole turning thing and to be honest I did think that there was "something" missing.

But on the whole a great film :rolleyes:

saw it at 12:35 as well!

R2D2 was one of the the highlighs of the film! :D

and :D was AMAZING!!!

unfort I didn't spot many people or the MF :D next time me thinks! :D

had a few gripes with the story/continuity but as it's a spoiler free thread I won't make them here :D