Where are all the guests?

Bohan

Exactly!

We know saying 'Announce someone' wont suddenly make it so, but if you announce an event, then with just over a month to go still havent announced youre headliners, you wont get many people coming.

Monthly mags, for example like Empire cant carry adverts for a big guest if they are only announced 2 weeks before! People need to know else they wont bother coming.

But they can't announce what they haven't got!!!!

That's exactly the scary part !

Alright, there are some OK guests so far, but they could hold it in a leisure centre at the minute !

At least one of them is an earlier cancellation, and Lou Ferrigno is one of the usual suspects !

Too many empty promises. Too close to C7. Too long to disappoint us ......

Edited by dufresne

Fact is that this huge event is 5 weeks away and has the same amount of guests announced as showmasters' other show which is 5 months away!

Since when were 8 and 11 the same number?

The more you shout and winge about when YOU think guest announcements should be made (and that YOU is ALL the whiners on this thread) the more likely you are to make Showmasters think is it really worth us putting on an event for a bunch of moaning minnies who have nothing better to do than gripe lets pack it all in and have a quite life. Luckily for me and actually for you lot they haven't hit that conclusion yet and are still putting on damn fine events. Be patient, stop whining and the announcements will come when details are finalised and I sure they guest will be as impressive as previous Showmasters events.

But what you have to remember Harry is that a lot of people come to these events from overseas and need to book flights, accommodation ect. In those cases the earlier you book the cheaper they are, that's why people get impatient to know. Also they don't want to book flights because they have to (time is running out) and then find out there will be no one they want to see.

But what you have to remember Harry is that a lot of people come to these events from overseas and need to book flights, accommodation ect. In those cases the earlier you book the cheaper they are, that's why people get impatient to know. Also they don't want to book flights because they have to (time is running out) and then find out there will be no one they want to see.

EXACTLY !

I'm only in Northern Ireland, and it's a pain for me - what about the other Europeans, americans etc on this board ?

*shrugs*

After the mess with Wayne, they might be actually waiting until the contracts are signed.

Personally, not so bad for me - I'm definitely going, and happy with the guests now, so it's no biggie if the guests are announced closer to the event.

I feel for the people coming from overseas - can't be easy for them. Actually, it's probably very annoying. :D

I do appreciate that Raylenth, but attending the amount of conventions, events and signings that I have over the last 10 years I can also see it from the organisers side as well, as the old saying goes 'Rome wasn't built in a day'

But what you have to remember Harry is that a lot of people come to these events from overseas and need to book flights, accommodation ect.  In those cases the earlier you book the cheaper they are, that's why people get impatient to know.  Also they don't want to book flights because they have to (time is running out) and then find out there will be no one they want to see.

I do appreciate that Raylenth, but attending the amount of conventions, events and signings that I have over the last 10 years I can also see it from the organisers side as well, as the old saying goes 'Rome wasn't built in a day'

You miss the point.

Its not selfish, its worry on their behalf, if they promise the world and cant deliver, theyll lose money and people wont turn up! You cant spend money on flights from the USA, or even book travel within the UK if you dont know what is coming.

The more you shout and winge about when YOU think guest announcements should be made (and that YOU is ALL the whiners on this thread) the more likely you are to make Showmasters think is it really worth us putting on an event for a bunch of moaning minnies who have nothing better to do than gripe lets pack it all in and have a quite life. Luckily for me and actually for you lot they haven't hit that conclusion yet and are still putting on damn fine events. Be patient, stop whining and the announcements will come when details are finalised and I sure they guest will be as impressive as previous Showmasters events.

You think people moaning on a forum would make showmasters stop running their events? I'm sure they will not miss the thousands of pounds they earn per event will they?

wasn'tt elijah and sean annouced months before c4?

to my knowledge they were quite late additions to the lineup, and were announced at the memorabilia which take place the month before collectormania.

the memorabilia was end of july/beg of august, as thats where i found out about colelctormania, it was my very first film event!!! So that very early really! I also remember alot of comments on the day at C4 regardig the fact that elijah may have been annouced too early as hysteria seems to have grown over the months!