PAUL MCGANN

I told him I was a big fan of Alien 3 and he said he didn't get that many of them.

He also said even though a lot of his footage was cut he was actually quite used to it happening as it did on Empire Of The Sun so he took it OK but he had still not seen the new cut of Alien 3. He went on to say how stressful David Fincher was and that he was a young, talented guy that was making a film that seemed to take ages.

Any fans out there who spoke to him about that or anything interesting?

I was really nervous about meeting him because I think he's fantastic, but you know when you're nervous and your brain goes??

I asked him how it was going, and he widened his eyes and exhaled pretty hard ( and I think he'd only been there an hour, bless). Then I asked if he had developed RSI from all that writing. He said no, but his writing was getting worse and his signature seemed to be morphing into someone elses. Then when he handed it over I said 'that's almost your name, I think it's morphed again' but luckily he grinned and didn't say 'Shut up you blabbering idiot' or anything lol :(

By that point I was blushing, so when i get the pics developed I think I'll come out beetroot-like!!

While i was getting his autograph he saw the Ioan Gruffudd postcard from fantasic 4 and started talking about how nice Ioan was. He also mentioned that he doubted anymore Hornblowers would be made as Ioan is too famous now!! Paul was such a lovely guest...one of my favourites so far

Brief chat about Alien 3, which he enjoyed ! But more chat with him and Ashbrook together - she ... no, actually both of them, are fantastic !! Really fan-friendly ... friendly in general, not to mention obliging !

Edited by dufresne

But more Shatner with him and Ashbrook together - she ...

Shatner!?

Yeah, did you not see captain Kirk collecting the money for Daphne Ashbrook ? :rolleyes:

LOL - you posted THAT quick ! Quicker than I could edit the mistake I had already seen !

Aw he was by far my favourite person! I was first in que and he just walked in and sat down and took a photo of me with his phone! I'm a huge withnail and I fan and did the whole " omg your amazing" speech then he got up and planted a whopper on my lips........at that point i just laughed, stood, and didnt move when they were like "next"

Oh but i love him! :rolleyes:

Brief chat about Alien 3, which he enjoyed !

What did you talk about? He told me he hadn't seen the new version but said he would as I told him how good it was and that he was the best thing in it.

Brief chat about Alien 3, which he enjoyed !

What did you talk about? He told me he hadn't seen the new version but said he would as I told him how good it was and that he was the best thing in it.

He signed the mini-poster I mentioned before, and automatically added "Golic" under it - which I was going to ask for anyway - all the others have put their character names, and I hope Ron will too !

He was saying "Golic" over and over in a heavy scouse accent - something to do with Chris Fairbank I think. I asked him about David Fincher (by far my favourite director) who he said was very meticulous and driven by his work, and how the pressure kept coming both from the studio, and the need to at least match the first two movies.

I wanted to ask his opinion of Ressurrection, but forgot. Anyway, we all know it's s*** ! :lol:

He was the best person EVER....chatted for ages about random bits and pieces. He wrote "I love you!" on my autograph I dont think he knew what he was doing...he said he hadnt written that before so I started crying...he told me to cheer up, then got up and kissed me twice *sigh* I'm still shaking now...I love even more than I did already which I didn't think was physically possible....

I would very much love to meet him again

B):D:D:P:wub::wub:

Wow Mr McGann is really friendly, and was quite tolerant of my inane blabbering. I want to share what happened but just be aware there will be censored swearing in here.. hope that's OK.

So... written on the front of the 'Withnail & I' DVD insert I wanted him to sign, there's a quote from the film "I feel like someone cr**ped on my head", and after the usual niceties, hi how are you etc, I handed it over. He took one look and said "The quote's wrong! It's 'I feel like a pig s**t in my head'" & we spent a few minutes discussing it while he crossed it out and re-wrote the quote correctly! Fabulous :lol:

lol! Sounds about right!

I quoted one of his most famous lines of the film " my hearts beatign like a f***ed clock" and he was like " oh no i didnt say that, what did i say!?" and i have it all on tape to prove not even he knows his lines! then again, they are 18 yearrs ols, il think we can let him off!

How much time did you guys get to spend talking to Paul in the autograph line? And are there people around to shoo you on your way? I agree with you that he's really fan-friendly, much more so than one would have ever thought given his longtime reluctance to attend cons. At ChicagoTARDIS 2004 I don't think he refused anyone a photo, even though he did ask at the end of the con who he should send the optician's bill to.

Estelle

I wanted to ask his opinion of Ressurrection, but forgot. Anyway, we all know it's s*** ! :blush:

Yeah, I ceratinly hate the f***er...He never put Golic on mine though...just my name and his.

He wrote "I love you!" on my autograph I dont think he knew what he was doing...he said he hadnt written that before so I started crying...

Thats a nice little story...never heard about people doing that before...I wonder what made him write that though?

I talked to him about how brilliant he is in the Big Finish Doctor Who CDs - and he said he agreed B) He talked for a few minutes about how much of a 'laugh' they are to record, that he wont stop doing them any time soon and that he'd been in the studio that week "saving the universe with Ron Moody!" He then spoke for a few minutes about how great Ron Moody is!

The guy was terrific, I was just stood spell bound watching my favourite actor chatting away with that great voice of his :blink:

paul sounds like a real gent. did anyone get a photo of him on saturday which they are willing to post on this site? it would be great to see how he looks these days (minus skin head aka Golic).

thanks Sair :wub:

paul sounds like a real gent. did anyone get a photo of him on saturday which they are willing to post on this site? it would be great to see how he looks these days (minus skin head aka Golic).

thanks Sair :wub:

I've got some nice photos of Paul from C7 but I'm not sure how to post them! So if anyone could explain I'd be very grateful!

He was the best person EVER....chatted for ages about random bits and pieces. He wrote "I love you!" on my autograph I dont think he knew what he was doing...

That is sooo sweet!!! Bless him. you are so lucky!!

If my pics come out I will try and post one of him... his hair is the curly Withnail and I style, which looks gorgeous!! :) :D

lol

Hi, I sadly could not attend C7, as I have my finals in two weeks, and my dissertation due tomorrow, but my sister did go. She got Paul to talk to me on the phone and he asked me why I had not gone when he managed to go, so I told him and he wished me luck in my exams and asked me what my degree was. He then told me he hoped he would see me in the future.

I was so happy to be talking to him that I was excited for the rest of the day and still am. My sister got an aughtograph for me of him in Withnail and I, while she was getting one for herself with loads of other people. He told them that his and Richard. E. Grant's coats were auctioned for £10 000 each. He then posed for photographs with their rubber chicken, did anyone else see the imformous chicken!!! (The chiken was for obvious Withnail reasons!)

Ahh I so wish I could have gone he is soooooooo cool!!

Love L

:D:lol:

He wrote "I love you!" on my autograph I dont think he knew what he was doing...he said he hadnt written that before so I started crying...

Thats a nice little story...never heard about people doing that before...I wonder what made him write that though?

Can't imagine...but I'm so glad he did God knows I love HIM enough :wub: