Billy Dee Williams no longer able to attend...

• Showmasters Admin

We were contacted by Mr Williams' agent last night and informed that he has just been offered a 3 month job in a New York play, which unfortunately means he will no longer be able to make it to Collectormania 4.

We at Showmasters wish him all the best with his new play and we look forward to working with him at another time.

Just to remind you though, we are still talking with several other high profile Star Wars actors, and we still hope to bring more Star Wars guests to C4.

This sucks guys.

No Billy Dee = No Star Wars actors. I would boycott the show if it wasnt for Elijah, Loken, Austin, Kurtz, Dom + Rayment twins :blush:

Seriously though it is pretty bad form if you ask me. Im sure a lot of people will vent similar genuine concern now on the Star wars side of things. I also hope that it isnt a fools hope of gettin any other equivalents. Billy dee was thrown up to represent 5 films on his own to begin with from what i could see and personally I would have been much happier with the likes of prowse + bulloch. I was scepticle about the situation before and am now just plain worried. I know a lot of people will be very dissapointed. And where have I heard we look forward to seeing them in the future? Let us not forget Pat Morita + John DeLancie.

Just venting an opinion so don't shoot me. I know some forum members think they're above the game and truly believe that any negative comment is wrong/unwanted.

This sucks guys.

No Billy Dee = No Star Wars actors. I would boycott the show if it wasnt for Elijah, Loken, Austin, Kurtz, Dom + Rayment twins :o

Seriously though it is pretty bad form if you ask me. Im sure a lot of people will vent similar genuine concern now on the Star wars side of things. I also hope that it isnt a fools hope of gettin any other equivalents. Billy dee was thrown up to represent 5 films on his own to begin with from what i could see and personally I would have been much happier with the likes of prowse + bulloch. I was scepticle about the situation before and am now just plain worried. I know a lot of people will be very dissapointed. And where have I heard we look forward to seeing them in the future? Let us not forget Pat Morita + John DeLancie.

Just venting an opinion so don't shoot me. I know some forum members think they're above the game and truly believe that any negative comment is wrong/unwanted.

Don't be too rough on Showmasters. Two of the main guys are Star Wars nuts themselves, so be sure that future CM events will feature Star Wars people big time.

It is inevitable with the run up to Return of the King that lots of LOTR bods would be appearing - all good promotion for the LOTR bandwagon - and who are we to complain?

Comfort yourself with the thought that Episode 3 will be coming in about 18 months time, and I predict many Star Wars faces at future CM events as the hyperbole for that builds.

Knowing Showmasters there will be some big names from Star Wars doing their first ever UK appearances, so be patient and it'll be worth it.

May the Farce be with you...always ;)

:blink:

How many conventions has this guy pulled out of? Whats the deal with other Star Wars guests Showmasters? Although I'm a LOTR fan it seems like seems like Star Wars fans are being pushed out for this event. Also you've got no cult tv guests, we had David Soul, Lou Feringo but no one this time. Come on Show Masters lets not turn it into LOTR con.

Black Sun

• Showmasters Admin

I know this subject has come up a few times now but just to make absolutely clear, we are not neglecting Star Wars! All of us at Showmasters are huge Star Wars fans (and I mean huge!) Please trust that we are working very hard to bring more Star Wars guests to C4, and will continue to do so for C5 and beyond.

Kenny

I know this subject has come up a few times now but just to make absolutely clear, we are not neglecting Star Wars! All of us at Showmasters are huge Star Wars fans (and I mean huge!) Please trust that we are working very hard to bring more Star Wars guests to C4, and will continue to do so for C5 and beyond.

Kenny

Hey if the guy has commitments the guy has commitments, I know if I was an actor who was offered a job of three months I wouldn't pass it up. But then I can't say anything about his other Collectormania cancellations.

we are not neglecting Star Wars!

No?!? Seems funny from where Im standing. You have no actors at present.

It's not SM's fault the guys' has been given the opportunity that he has decided to take.

Give them some slack; they have said they are talking to others to bring to C4; lets just wait and see.

Have you ever tried asking Michael Sheard to attend? Maybe he hates Cons or something (ive never seen star wars so I don know much about the actors and that) but he was my old History Teacher's dad, and as far as I can tell he's not that busy. Well I see him in Sainsburys all the time, anyway. And Darth Vader killed him, or something. He was also in Indiana Jones as Hitler and Grange Hill as Mr Bronson.

Or I guess people could just stake out my local sainsburys if they want to meet him.

Off the topic of Star Wars, I'd love to see an appearence by Buffy's Emma Caulfield, Or Nicky Brendon.

And *hides from the people who think LOTR is taking over* can I just ask if you have any plans to even approach Craig Parker to appear at either this con or a future one? Its just, he does cons in america and germany, and I'd love to see him here. In fact, if it werent for Elijah, I'd probably be going to Ring Con in Bonn instead just for him. And I'd love it love it love it if he made it over here some time. :angel:

we are not neglecting Star Wars!

No?!? Seems funny from where Im standing. You have no actors at present.

What's that comment supposed to mean? Showmasters have stated time and time again that they have been negotiating with certain Star Wars actors who have never made convention appearances before.

They have also indicated that they do not wish to have the same actors over and over again who have made many appearances over the years. I personally feel that this is a good thing. I'm as big a SW fan as you could find and I'd far rather have 30 non-Star Wars guests making their first UK appearances than 10 Star Wars actors who have been on the convention circuit for years.

And for the guy complaining about having no cult TV guests... Honor Blackman (The Avengers) Michael Keating (Blakes 7) George Takei (ST:TOS)

Case closed

spudulator

Michael Sheard attended C2.

Kenny

Ahh. Was he popular?

My History Teacher was his youngest son, Rupert. He was funny but got teased a lot as one of the few male teachers under 60 at an all girls school. :vader:

Have you ever tried asking Michael Sheard to attend? Maybe he hates Cons or something (ive never seen star wars so I don know much about the actors and that) but he was my old History Teacher's dad, and as far as I can tell he's not that busy. Well I see him in Sainsburys all the time, anyway. And Darth Vader killed him, or something. He was also in Indiana Jones as Hitler and Grange Hill as Mr Bronson

Michael sheard does not hate conventrions, I do not know anybody who does more events then michael sheard, he is all over the place all the time!