Kevin Smith writing and directing .........

nightprowler

IESB has confirmed that "Jay and Silent Bob" brainchild Kevin Smith will indeed be involved in the forthcoming live-action "Star Wars" TV Series.

According to the site, "Kevin's involvement will be in the writing and directing of at least a three episode story arch."

The abovementioned site also caught up with Smith's regular co-star Jason Mewes at the "House of Wax" premiere and discovered Smith was also lucky enough to see "Revenge of the Sith" this week.

The good news?.... drumroll....Smith said the film is "amazing", just as grand as "The Empire Strikes Back", regarded by many as not only the finest of the "Star Wars" films but one of the slickest flicks of all the time.

"He said it's really dark....he likes it a lot", says Mewes. "He said it's as good as Empire...[but] a lot darker than Empire".

Well I can't wait to see if the Revenge of the Sith is as good as The Empire Strikes Back, but then I suppose I am a little biased seeing as I worked on the Empire Stikes Back many years ago.

Coffee, two sugars and milk!

Well I can't wait to see if the Revenge of the Sith is as good as The Empire Strikes Back, but then I suppose I am a little biased seeing as I worked on the Empire Stikes Back many years ago.

how? :rolleyes:

The much-talked-about "Star Wars" TV series might be eyeing an Australian shoot.

According to Uncle George, the series will be filming in Australia - sure to be a few old sets from "Farscape" left hanging about? - sometime this year.

"I am looking forward to coming back and working there some more," Lucas told The Daily Telegraph.

"We're going to do a live action show based on minor characters in the Star Wars series. It's a spin-off, it doesn't involve any of the key characters. It's a different world unto itself between episodes three (Revenge of the Sith) and four (Star Wars: A New Hope)."

Producer Rick McCallum confirmed the Australian series was "definite as definite can be", although he couldn't say when it'll commence filming. "It's a definite that we do it -- the rest we haven't discussed on any level," McCallum said. "We only finished the film (Revenge of the Sith) last Tuesday. George is thinking maybe we can do a series somewhere between episode three and four because that's the longest break (in the film series), 20 years. The Death Star takes 20 years to build so we need to work that out."

The intention is to produce 100 hour-long episodes -- that being the number necessary to sell the series into lucrative television syndication.

The good news for local actors is that the show's going to be requiring a lot of Oz talent. (Jack Thompson's just taken his phone off the hook).

Kevin Smith is rumoured to be involved in writing and directing several episodes of the series.

im glad it is gonna be based around the lesser known people in sw who hardly had any screen time - this will give them chance to flesh out there characters a bit more and go into there backgrounds! dunno who it will be yet but my moneys on aayla secura as i read somewhere that she doesn't die in rots! - don't quote me on that though! plus she is popular character

• 2 weeks later...
Is Australian actor Matthew Newton going to a Galaxy Far, Far Away?

According to The Sunday Herald Sun - quite possibly.

George Lucas has done an 'availability check' on the young actor - the son of TV legend, Bert - to see if he's free for his upcoming 100 episode "Star Wars" TV series.

Lucas first met Newton a few years ago when the Australian actor - whose credits include "Queen of the Damned" and "Blurred" - tested for the role of Anakin Skywalker in "Star Wars Episode II : Attack of the Clones".

It's believed that Newton was Lucas's second choice for the part of the gung-ho Jedi in training. He even was flown to stay at the Lucasfilm ranch to test.

Blonde-haired newton Newton, 28, is no doubt being considered for a leading hero role in the series, believed to be centering on all-new characters, and not necessarily those in the money-spinning film series.

"Star Wars" wouldn't be the first science-fiction show that Newton has been involved in. He played Ka Jothee in "Farscape", several years ago.

The young actor's next film role is in "The Great Raid", for director John Dahl.

Moviehole ran this rumour by a company employee, who confirmed that Newton is someone Lucas is 'seriously having a look at'.

• 2 weeks later...
im glad it is gonna be based around the lesser known people in sw who hardly had any screen time - this will give them chance to flesh out there characters a bit more and go into there backgrounds! dunno who it will be yet but my moneys on aayla secura as i read somewhere that she doesn't die in rots! - don't quote me on that though! plus she is popular character

Where did you read that? Im sure shes dead but you never know.