Where to queue

I normally get my tickets for all the guest I want to see and then go away, have something to eat, which I normally bring with me, then go back a little later once things have died down a bit and there arn't as many people rushing to get VQ tickets for the who ever there, there to see.....

they write the numbers there up to, or each guest, on a board, I think last time they did it in batches of 50? and if your number has already been called, well you can pritty much get in the queue for that particular guest when ever you want.

Works for me every time :D

:P

LLAP :borg:

I normally get my tickets for all the guest I want to see and then go away, have something to eat, which I normally bring with me, then go back a little later once things have died down a bit and there arn't as many people rushing to get VQ tickets for the who ever there, there to see.....

they write the numbers there up to, or each guest, on a board, I think last time they did it in batches of 50? and if your number has already been called, well you can pritty much get in the queue for that particular guest when ever you want.

Works for me every time B)

:P

LLAP :D

Ok this all is providing you get there early enough :P

:borg:

LLAP :P

Ok this all is providing you get there early enough :D

So what time would you recommend we get there for to get a good number? Sorry to be a pain but this is my first one and I don't want the Sean Astin book incident again where I was there 5 hours before! hehe! :unsure:

Kirsty x x x

Someone said on here that the doors open at 7.30am, but looking on the Centre:MK's website it says 8.00am. I'm going to park in the free parking opposite Brunches/BurgerKing entrance on the Friday and queue up at the Braids/Creche door.

From what others have said this sounds like a area to queue. I've never queued before to get into the Centre. I live in MK and it seems mad to me, but having seen the mayhem with the hobbits last time, I want to make sure I get to meet Sean Astin this time round.

Edited by Jacquie

As soon as the centre opens, thats when people usually go in and start standing near the queues of the guest whos VQ ticket they want first, and then when the crew get there at about 9ish to start handing tickets out thats when the fun starts and pople start rushing to get all there VQ tickets.... Someone said on another thread that the centre opens at 8am but I don't know...Best to ask someone from MK or someone who has been to a lot of Collectormania events, I have only been to 2 this being my 3rd.

Hope this helped a little :D

:unsure:

LLAP :lol:

Sometimes you have to wait a bit though, as they don't always give out the VQ tickets straight away, oh and sometimes you have to wait about 1hr at most, for a few of the guest to turn up. But most the guest are there on time :lol:

Please feel free to correct me if anything I have writen is wrong, I don't want to be giving anyone the wrong info, but you see this is how I remember it from last time

:unsure:

LLAP :borg:

Someone said on here that the doors open at 7.30am, but looking on the Centre:MK's website it says 8.00am. I'm going to park in the free parking opposite Brunches/BurgerKing entrance on the Friday and queue up at the Braids/Creche door.

From what others have said this sounds like a area to queue. I've never queued before to get into the Centre. I live in MK and it seems mad to me, but having seen the mayhem with the hobbits last time, I want to make sure I get to meet Sean Astin this time round.

I would go as early as you can. I'm going friday for Sean as i'm hoping it will be quieter. If the doors aren't open. just queue outside, sounds mad but i've got uesd to it since C4!! I work in the centre:mk so also find it mad to be queuing outside it!!

Someone said on here that the doors open at 7.30am, but looking on the Centre:MK's website it says 8.00am.  I'm going to park in the free parking opposite Brunches/BurgerKing entrance on the Friday and queue up at the Braids/Creche door.

From what others have said this sounds like a area to queue.  I've never queued before to get into the Centre.  I live in MK and it seems mad to me, but having seen the mayhem with the hobbits last time, I want to make sure I get to meet Sean Astin this time round.

I would go as early as you can. I'm going friday for Sean as i'm hoping it will be quieter. If the doors aren't open. just queue outside, sounds mad but i've got uesd to it since C4!! I work in the centre:mk so also find it mad to be queuing outside it!!

Cool, thanks tiggerbabe. I used to work in Saxon Court, and spent most lunchtimes in the Centre, but it's the door opening times that freaked me. I'm sure parking where I'm parking will be okay as well. Had a snoop around last week seeing if there are any signs saying not to park before a certain time like there is outside John Lewis, but can't see any.

Whereabouts do you work (if you don't mind me asking)?

Someone said on here that the doors open at 7.30am, but looking on the Centre:MK's website it says 8.00am.  I'm going to park in the free parking opposite Brunches/BurgerKing entrance on the Friday and queue up at the Braids/Creche door.

From what others have said this sounds like a area to queue.  I've never queued before to get into the Centre.  I live in MK and it seems mad to me, but having seen the mayhem with the hobbits last time, I want to make sure I get to meet Sean Astin this time round.

Cool, thanks tiggerbabe. I used to work in Saxon Court, and spent most lunchtimes in the Centre, but it's the door opening times that freaked me. I'm sure parking where I'm parking will be okay as well. Had a snoop around last week seeing if there are any signs saying not to park before a certain time like there is outside John Lewis, but can't see any.

I dont think there is a limit on the parking over there, especailly in the green bays that are free. Be\aware that the free spaces go very quickly with the centre staff.

I work in the Creche!

I dont think there is a limit on the parking over there, especailly in the green bays that are free. Be\aware that the free spaces go very quickly with the centre staff.

I work in the Creche!

What a small world! My daughter used to be in there every Saturday morning .... Julia with the red hair. I remember last year we were pouring over all your signed photos. I'll say hi if I see you around :unsure:

I work in the Creche!

What a small world! My daughter used to be in there every Saturday morning .... Julia with the red hair. I remember last year we were pouring over all your signed photos. I'll say hi if I see you around :D

Oh wow! Definately small world! I remember talking to you last time as I was working when you put Julia in the creche! We will be around all weekend, and queuing outside the creche on friday, and poss Saturday! Which days are you going?

Edited by tiggerbabe

• Moderators

Problem with asking if it's gonna be busy etc is no one really knows, so in all honesty ur guess is as good as anyone elses.

Simply GO EARLY TO BE SAFE IF U CAN!

Tis always the best advice :D

i'd say 9.30 is too late to be TOTALLY sure...I think the doors open at 9, so to be safe, u'd better queue outside BEFORE: it means coming at 8, queuing ONE hour outside , then RUNNING as soon as the doors open to queue INSIDE to your favorite guest...This means all your senses in alert to 'smell' where are the lines you need...then, as soon as you have your 1st ticket RUN to the other line for your second...etc...only after that 1st marathon, you can relax and take your breakfast while admiring your tickets :-)

i'd say 9.30 is too late to be TOTALLY sure...I think the doors open at 9, so to be safe, u'd better queue outside BEFORE: it means coming at 8, queuing ONE hour outside , then RUNNING as soon as the doors open to queue INSIDE to your favorite guest...This means all your senses in alert to 'smell' where are the lines you need...then, as soon as you have your 1st ticket RUN to the other line for your second...etc...only after that 1st marathon, you can relax and take your breakfast while admiring your tickets :-)

Last collectormania we were told but the crew and security NOT to run when there doors were open. Not very safe for people to be running in groups, and not fair on the people that had been queuing since 6am, that walk in as told, just to be overtake by people that had only been queuing since 8