Carrie Fisher at C4?

Adam

Hi Guys,

Someone said about Carrie Fisher was going to attending Collectorsmania 4 in October? Is this true, kari can you tell us what they said?

I know that Carrie did a convention last year in Dallas, America, and at the Star Wars convention just before the Episode II was out at the cinema, She did 2 signings and she asked to be put into a room by herself and let only 1 person come in the room at a time, no pictures were aloud to be taken.

Would they put boards around her, Also i heard there were lines which were 9 hours long for her?!?!

Also Kari, who else did they say was coming?!?!?!

When i rang up Showmasters a while ago they said that Billy Dee Williams would be attend C4 as he could not make it to C3, That means Carrie Fisher and Billy Dee going, It will be not just a bloody Nightmare it would be something much worse like a nightmare when your awake :lol:

I pray she does come, I look forward until they up-date the web site cause then it will just look good, Also i hope she dont cancel, cause id be gutted!

we just asked them when we were walking out if anyone was going to the next one. And they said Carrie Fisher..someone else i cant remember ..John Lancie and..lots of lord of the rings stars i think.

we just asked them when we were walking out if anyone was going to the next one. And they said Carrie Fisher..someone else i cant remember ..John Lancie and..lots of lord of the rings stars i think.

Do you have any idea as to which of the LOTR cast they were talking about? :)

"lots of LOTR stars "

owwwwww yeeeeesss pleeeease

claping hands and jumping

please please please need i say more :-)

you peopal are the BEST !!!!!!!

If the next con ( con4 this Oct') is going to be as good as this one -can it get beter ..well yes =looots of LOTR main cast

then i am going to go to every con you do !!! ( and i am not from the uk it takes me 5 hures flight to get to the uk :-) but all is worth it ) :P

Showmaster When you get a chance to read this topic, could you explain into detail? like will she be signing in a room or what so ever if she is coming?

Shes been very ill the last few months, i thought she was back on the old drink but its not.

If there really are lots of LOTR stars going I'm going to come to all the days for c4. Especially if one or all of the following are there : Dom, Elijah, Orlando, Viggo. I'd even settle for the scale double (is it BK?)

LOTR Fan

I'd be there to meet Carrie Fisher of course, but I think I'd be disappointed some how. Going by what's been said before, if she won't have a photo taken with us then for me there really is no point, as I already have a dedicated and autographed photograph that my friend got for me. :lol: and I'd like a phot with her for my collection.

Obi-Wan

Are you 100% sure they said Carrie Fisher, he could of said The girl from the Movie Carrie is going fishing and cant come or something like that, lol, sorry sad joke i know.

I'm pretty sure if Carrie Fisher was coming she wouldn't be allowed to only let one person in to see her or whatever. People would get mad if she did which would reflect badly on showmasters. So if she is going then she is probably going to be just like the guests at c3.

LOTR Fan

No, i have spoken to people before and they have said that she asks to be put into a room so she can sign autographs and people line up out side the room and then go in or she gets put behind black boards, and theres a hall way you walk down then into the room.

I don't know if anyone has seem pictures of the American Star Wars convention, "Celebration II" Well i was reading a diary of someone who went to the event, (see: www.starwarsautographcollecting.com to read it), and he was talking about Carries line being massive and this is one line that she wrote to explain how Carrie will be signing:

NO PHOTOS! at all in the room with Ms. Fisher.  Only a few people in the room at a time and we are allowed 4 items only.

It was the same as The Dallas convention that i read about also in America, there was a board saying the same thing as above because i saw pictures of it on a web site, so i think it will go for the same at C4.

I'll see if i can find any pictures of the board which was at the Dallas convention on the web.

I'd be there to meet Carrie Fisher of course, but I think I'd be disappointed some how. Going by what's been said before, if she won't have a photo taken with us then for me there really is no point, as I already have a dedicated and autographed photograph that my friend got for me. :D and I'd like a phot with her for my collection.

Obi-Wan

Yeah exactly. Lots of people come to get a photo taken with a guest. Thats my #1 thing more than getting an autograph. From reading lots of fan boards it seems like US shows are far stricter on lots of things. Quite a few don't allow photos. Even big official Star Trek ones where have to pay 100s to attend. Some, after years of requests, have finally started to allow fans to have tickets for a photo shoot with some guests - but you guessed it, gotta pay, and tickets are limited to a certain number of fans. So at those US shows, have to pay to go in, pay for the autog, then pay for a photo. Phew. One guest and we'd all be broke LOL. UK shows are far cooler on photos thankfully - I don't think we'd stand for being treated like that over here LOL.

Guess we'll all have to see what happens - but if can't take photos then 90 percent of fans are gonna be disappointed.

You have to look at things from Showmasters point of view. They are never going to admit who is coming to C4 until they have all signed on the dotted line. They can say that John Delancie and Billy Dee Williams are coming because they have spoken to them regarding C3. I am actually suprised that they even mentioned the any names because they dont normally.

Anyway Im hoping she will be there.

Darryl