Ecclestone Quits

Banished_From_Rohan

According to the BBC news site producers are talking to David Tennant (currently starring in BBC'sCasanova) about taking over the role.

There is no confirmation whether Chris Eccleston will film the Christmas special.

But at least they have confirmed a second series.

Despite good reviews after one episode of the first series the actor doesn't want to feel typecast and is stepping down from the role.

Shame he didn't make that decision before agreeing initially :pyth:

Because of the intial success of the series it does beg the question if he ever looked at the roll beyond getting his career kick started.

Big shame really as I do rate him as an actor................

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:lol:

I read the news at the Newsagents and I was shocked.

I think he is making a big mistake.

It is a sad day to learn that he does not want to be in it anymore. It is silly, only 5 days after episode 1 has aired and it recieved good ratings.

He was the reason why I got into Doctor Who because he was funny and made it interesting to watch......I am too upset to talk anymore.........I am pissed off about this....

:huh::P

Edited by BluebizzieB

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:o

I read the news at the Newsagents and I was shocked.

I think he is making a big mistake.

It is a sad day to learn that he does not want to be in it anymore. It is silly, only 5 days after episode 1 has aired and it recieved good ratings.

He was the reason why I got into Doctor Who because he was funny and made it interesting to watch......I am too upset to talk anymore.........I am pissed off about this....

:firedevil::angry:

Darlin I know how you feel, allot of people are gonna be feelin it right now. I am upset and very annoyed about this.

I totally love doctor who and I am so annoyed, I am hoping they can get another actor who will actually sign up for more than one series and wont let fans down. Im also worried people are going to stop watching because of this.

I'm gutted but not surprised. I would be shocked if he had ever had any intention of doing more than one series and I reckon that Russell T Davies and the bbc knew too. It was probably all thrashed out before he signed on anyway. David Tennant would be fab but the timing of it gives me the impression this is all publicity to promote Casanova that starts on BBC1 next week, coincidently starring David and written by one Russell T Davies :blink: On the plus side it'll be fun trying to speculate who the next Doctor will be, I'm putting Michael Sheen in the mix.

• 2 weeks later...
Despite good reviews after one episode of the first series the actor doesn't want to feel typecast and is stepping down from the role.

Shame he didn't make that decision before agreeing initially :P

Because of the intial success of the series it does beg the question if he ever looked at the roll beyond getting his career kick started.

Big shame really as I do rate him as an actor................

I agree with this entirely. I think he knew right from day one he was gunna leave.

After the dizzy heights of Christopher Eccleston in the role I think Alan Davies would be a backward step. I can see him doing a Jonathan Creek re-hash which would be a bit disappointing.

I'm not saying he's a poor actor but the roles he has played to date have all been rather similar.

I'd prefer someone with a bit more presence.