Stupid question

mattkt

I have to admit that when I went to my first con, I was amazed that I had to pay for signatures.

Now that I've stumped up a good couple of grand over the last few years, it seems stupid to have ever expected to get signatures for free.

Yep, it's more or less the same for conventions and signing events. In the first case, the price is higher but it includes one free autograph per guest (usually 5 or 6) while in the second case, entry is free (or cheap) but you have to pay for the autographs which in some cases can be worst if you are interested in more than 10 guests. The good point is : you can go to a signing event for only one or two guests because the fee price is very low. You cannot do that for conventions unless you're a *rich geek* :blink:

Edited by lams9999

Not a stupid question at all ... I didn't know either and I haven't decided whether to go or not yet ... just have to see how C7 goes and how rich I'm feeling :P

I know how you feel! Do the two shows have to be so CLOSE together? Plus, my husband's birthday is on May 15. My wallet's going to be frighteningly empty!

witchybelle4u2 Posted on Mar 21 2005, 12:00 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (feralmoggy @ Mar 20 2005, 03:03 PM)

Not a stupid question at all ... I didn't know either and I haven't decided whether to go or not yet ... just have to see how C7 goes and how rich I'm feeling 

I know how you feel! Do the two shows have to be so CLOSE together? Plus, my husband's birthday is on May 15. My wallet's going to be frighteningly empty! 

It's like that food advert Daddy or Chips except in your case Hubby or LFACC :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Yep if ya check the WEBSITE then it has all the details.

SATURDAY ADMISSION:

Early Bird £10 (from 9am)

Standard Entry (11am to 6pm)

Adults £5, Children £3 (Under 12)

SUNDAY ADMISSION:

No Early Bird

Standard Entry (10am to 5pm)

Adults £5, Children £3 (Under 12)

I feel kinda silly for asking this, but after paying the entrance fee, do you still have to pay the guests for their auto's??

The first event I turned up to way back when, I didn't realise I had to pay to get in and just walked in to the Hotel.

I was surprised as well when I realised I had to pay for autos, but in those days the prices were more in the £3 to £5 area.

How times have changed !

It's going to be a couple of expensive months for me!

Going to CM on both the Friday and the Sunday, then another convention two weekends after, my birthday end of May(31st) then my two sisters b'days beginning of June, then my other halfs b'day June 18th, then LFCC then Wimbledon....

Oh dear...

And my bank balance goes way down! :lol:;)

Good thing i might be getting a slight bonus this month! ^_^