The Hitcher

nightprowler

hitcherposter.jpg

From Bloody Disgusting..............

I love The Hitcher. Released in 1986 and starring Rutger Hauer the film blew me away when I first seen it in theaters back in the day. In this new craze of remake madness it should come as no surprise that plans are now in the works for a redo.

Michael Bay spilled the beans to Bloody-disgusting that plans are in the works. After Bay’s Chainsaw remake I have to say I am kind of looking forward to this one. I liked his updated take on TCM and hope he does The Hitcher justice. Here is a piece of the report of BD:

During an interview on the set of his next movie The Island, with Mr. Explosion himself Michael Bay spilled the beans to Bloody-Disgusting about his upcoming horror projects with Platinum Dunes.

As of right now the plan is to remake the insane 1986 horror/thriller The Hitcher. In the original, which starred Rutger Hauer and Jennifer Jason Leigh, a young man transporting a car to another state is stalked along the road by a cunning and relentless serial killer who eventually frames the driver for a string of murders. Chased by police and shadowed by the killer, the driver's only help comes from a truck stop waitress.

• 2 weeks later...

The original was pretty good, and the TCM and DOTD remakes were surprisingly good, id like to see how this one turns out. Aswell as Assaualt on Precinct 13.

• 4 weeks later...

Why oh why oh why are film makers going through a really big phase of re-making already great films???

To be honest with you I'm not 100% sure that remaking this film withour Rutger would work... look at The Hitcher Two... just a poor mans film compared to the horror and suspense of the original...

Why re-make it if it was never rubbish...

Can't they find something a bit more original to do...