COSTUMES FOR LFCC3!

Mich

avp - I'd love to see your chestburster shirt, I've been trying to find one for years, but all I managed to find were the cheap rip-offs.

I plan to make a similar type of thing to go with my new Troopers outfit, as it has the bug puncture that killed dizzy. I need to find something to make a bug claw out of thats not too heavy, probably polystyrene (thats not the correct spelling... is it?). I think I may be able to bring my Troopers costume to the event, but I wouldnt have anywhere to store the suitcase its stored in! Also, I might be getting the Morita Carbine, which is shorter than the normal Morita, so if that fits in the suitcase... i'll be bringing some fire-power too!

Mich - Are you dressing up as anyone/thing?

Selene would be great, I havent seen any people as Underworld characters yet. I wasn't too keen on the film though, but I've only watched it once, maybe if I watch it again I'll like it more (well it worked with Star Trek 9 and Starship Troopers 2...).

I really want to go in my Troopers costume, but its so heavy and bulky that it may not be possible. but im thinking of doing a Judge Dredd movie costume, a Korben Dallas from The Fifth Element costume or maybe also do a Crichton-ish costume from FarScape.

But by the time I get anything done it'll be time for C7!!! B)

There was a really good Selene at LFCC1( with a Trinity,she posted on here a bit,but I can't remember her name)....

I am going to make a Judge Anderson costume too,but I don't think it will be ready for LFCC3,as I'm still working on Selene,and I only have the boots, and wig for Anderson......I'm also going to make Durham Red from 2000 AD, at some point.....I also want to make The new movie Elektra....in red....I have the wig and top,but that's it...

Mich - You have some great ideas there. I doubt I'll have all my costumes complete for LFCC, but I hope to have at least a couple done for CM.

I would like to hear of other peoples ideas, I know alot of you are keeping it all secret until the convention, but is there anyone out there who wants to share what they would like or are planning to do for LFCC and/CM?

a friend and me were gonna go as the Wonders, well two of them anyway, just for the sentimental factor, the film means stuff to us. i dont know if you'll know who they are tho.

we were also contemplating mighty ducks.

i do want to do a Merry outfit for an event in the future.

i've done Faramir in the past, seemed to work quite well.

x x x

I'm gonna try to find a way to store it and bring it along, but I dont know if i'd be able to bring the Morita. Im paying for my second armor tomorrow, so that should arrive in a couple of weeks, and hopfully by then I'll have the money for the Morita Carbine and Helmet, so that will make two complete costumes. I'm thinking of maybe that I could hire one of them out to people, but for now I think maybe one of my friends will be wearing the 2nd one to conventions. Im also finding out ways in which to make a bug claw that I can have sticking out of the hole in the armor (just to add to the effect!) :firedevil:

Hi guys,

Well seeing as the dates have been changed for the LFCC, I will be wearing my Troopers costume, as I will have more time to prepare for the event. I still have some other little bits to get for the costume and Im still waiting for the new one to arrive from america. once it does, i can get started on making the bug claw (thanks for the tips on how to make it, by the way).

I still have to find out how and where im gonna store the costume before and after the event, but im sure i'll figure it out soon enough!

I'm loving that pic Mich!

With any luck someone'll turn up as Lara! (It'd make a fun pic!)

At the moment I'm not looking forward to wearing an 87 year old wool suit in the middle of summer, but with any luck there'll be some kind of air conditioning!!!

I'm loving that pic Mich!

With any luck someone'll turn up as Lara! (It'd make a fun pic!)

At the moment I'm not looking forward to wearing an 87 year old wool suit in the middle of summer, but with any luck there'll be some kind of air conditioning!!!

Hmmnn yeah,well these things do have to be taken into consideration don't they?... :wub: Tee hee, costumes for different weather conditions,Oh and ones that pack easily too..... :D