'Star Wars' Actors Reunited

nightprowler

From Imdb...............

'Star Wars' Actors Reunited

Actors Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Natalie Portman and Ewan McGregor have teamed up with other stars of all six Star Wars movies for a new Vanity Fair photo spread. The American magazine grouped together 22 major performers in the legendary franchise, inviting cast members from the original 1977 film Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope to this year's final installment Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge Of The Sith. Mastermind George Lucas, who directed four of the intergalactic movies, joined Ford, Fisher, Portman and McGregor as well as original Luke Skywalker star Mark Hamill, Samuel L. Jackson, Liam Neeson and Hayden Christensen. Robots R2-D2 and C3PO also joined their human co-stars for the reunion shoot. Lucas admits the final part of the opening trilogy marks the end of an era in his career - and he now plans to stop making successful films. He says, "I'm going to make movies nobody wants to see. I've earned the right to fail."

So Lucas feels he has a right to fail!!!! Here is a thought he could start making good films again as the last two have stunk. Some directors get their actors to er... act and not just sleep walk through the film. Some directors can even make a crap script work and some directors know the difference between a film and a video game.

Lucas look again at Star Wars and see what a great film that was and then look at TPM and ATOC and bow you head in shame you sanctimonious bearded freak.

You are a not a director anymore George. Get back to your ranch and play with your pixals.

(apologies for all those mean and women with beards - it was a beardist remark which I very much regret).

Edited by Noddy

So Lucas feels he has a right to fail!!!! Here is a thought he could start making good films again as the last two have stunk. Some directors get their actors to er... act and not just sleep walk through the film. Some directors can even make a crap script work and some directors know the difference between a film and a video game.

Lucas look again at Star Wars and see what a great film that was and then look at TPM and ATOC and bow you head in shame you sanctimonious bearded freak.

You are a not a director anymore George. Get back to your ranch and play with your pixals.

(apologies for all those mean and women with beards - it was a beardist remark which I very much regret).

Ouch! I bet George won't be able to sleep tonight now.... :D

I must admit I prefer the original trilogy too, but the visual effects are simply advancement. I'd hate to think how Jurrasic Park would have looked without CGI for instance.

Anyway - I'm just going to shave my beard off now.............

So Lucas feels he has a right to fail!!!!  Here is a thought he could start making good films again as the last two have stunk. Some directors get their actors to  er... act and not just  sleep walk through the film. Some directors can even make a crap script work and some directors know the difference between a film and a video game.

(apologies for all those mean and women with beards  - it was a beardist remark which I very much regret).

Ouch! I bet George won't be able to sleep tonight now.... :P

I must admit I prefer the original trilogy too, but the visual effects are simply advancement. I'd hate to think how Jurrasic Park would have looked without CGI for instance.

Anyway - I'm just going to shave my beard off now.............

The visual effects are impressive but unfortunately dominate the film to the detriment of the need to tell a story.

Indeed you can see the pointlessness in the over indulgence of all these effects in the special editions of the original trilogy when all the additions serve no purpose other than to show just how clever George is with his PC.

You have me worried now – do you really think George will take my comments to heart? :lol:

I agree with Noddy, the special effects seem to over the top, and take away from the acting and story, George seems not to have even bothered much with getting good actors.

I think most of the casting is spot on, it's merely Hayden and Natalie that have let the prequels down.

Incidently, this is the Vanity Fair pic...

20050104_bg.jpg

Edited by Lady of The Realm

I like special effects and there is nothing wrong with having it in the films, the main problem with the last two was lack of plot and scripts. If the acting/directing and plot was better then the special effects probably would have not seemed so bad.

I mean look at LOTR they made that work with all the special effects used ;)

It's Shmi Skywalker, Anakin's mum, I can't remember her name in real life!

It's Pernille August.

Personally, I was a bit surprised to see Jimmy Smits (Bail Organa for II and III) in the picture. I guess that means his role in Ep III will be quite big!

20050104_bg.jpg

That is an AMAZING pic :wub::wub:

Eurgh...Jar Jar

But but...look at Han and Leia together again...soooo cool B)

I think carrie will only pose like that when a pic is being taken, it was basically the same in the local paper lol! Maybe she has a good side and a dark side! :P

Very cool pic.  Does anybody know if we can buy the ediition in the UK or has it just been released in America?

Im able to find Vanity Fair in stand in France so I think u will find it in UK :blink:

But I would like to find a good print of this pic for multi-signing

Edited by Skylover