JAMIE BAMBER

Shelly

How about Jamie Bamber and Katee Sackhoff?. ;)

The new Battlestar Galactica airs later this month and I believe that Jamie

is currently in this country with his wife and new baby twin daughters!.

I believe he would be a very popular guest if he's willing to give up some

precious time away from 'his girls'.

He's going to be 'big' I can feel it in my bones.

Shelly

i know that a number of fans of the old battlestar (myself included) would not go to such a guest...not a personal thing, but simply that the new series is a sham.

and yes, i've seen the pilot episode - a friend of mine has it on dvd. its not good.

I love the new mini-series and I also remember the old stuff .

I wouldn't mind meeting some of the cast - even Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict have been in it even though they complained . :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i know that a number of fans of the old battlestar (myself included) would not go to such a guest...not a personal thing, but simply that the new series is a sham.

and yes, i've seen the pilot episode - a friend of mine has it on dvd. its not good.

I am with you here. Nothing personal against the new actors (Jamie Bamber does a pretty good job), it's just, I grew up with the first series, and to me the actors in the original will always be those characters and no one else can step into their shoes.

Apollo will always be Richard Hatch, Lorne Greene will always be Adama and Dirk Benedict will always be Starbuck. The fact they made Starbuck a woman is just plain wrong and the Cylons..well let's not go there.

It may be a good series to some, but it would have been better had they not named it Battlestar Galactica.

The actors of the new series wouldn't be enough to get me to LFACC either, just because I can't identify them with the series I loved and watched religiously.

Now if you got Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict back, along with Noah Hathaway, Anne Lockhart, Herbert Jefferson Jr et al...I will be first in the queue :blush:

Battlestar Galatica KICKS Star Treks BUTT.

I did not see the original as I was not born till 1983. The cg stuff is great apart from the camara angles on the fight sequances which gets me a bit dizzy.

Great that Jamie is at LFCC3. I have bought a nice art print so I am getting that signed.

It would be great if SM get Katie Sackhoff and a few more BG guests.

I am getting excited for next year now so I have already written my holiday form......shall i hand it in now or wait till after Xmas....

Edited by BluebizzieB