PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE

He's never yet done a Stargate convention, or any other kind of convention or signing show. He does a few charity events, but he's not into doing 'appearances'.

No , I didn't think he did events much at all , especially now he has cut back on work in general to spend more time with his little girl .

I would love to meet him at some time , and am praying that he might come over at some time maybe as part of a family holiday - all mt photos and posters will be signed by the others and have something big missing ;)

Believe me I'm wishing it too. And apparently he has made vague noises about maybe doing a convention some time. I'm inclined to think he's more likely to apear at a weekend type event than a signing show though. And I'm not hoping too much anyway. Get tired of hoping after a few years!

lets hope we get amanda, then we can ask her to ask RDA to come and visit...... :wub:

Come on over to the stargate section we have a petition going on there too and we are considering printing it out and giving it to chris judge or michael greenburg at lfcc2 :P

I have sent Showmasters a letter today.

What do you all think?

Dear Sir or Madam

First of all I would like to say Thank You Very Much for a very enjoyable Collectormania 6. It was my first event, which I will never forget.

I would like to comment on the virtual queuing system, which works perfectly. I picked up my ticket for Carrie at 9:30 and saw her later in the afternoon. If you did not have this system I would not be writing this letter today.

Also I could check on the white board, which number the guest had got to so far and I could wonder around the stalls whilst waiting for a guest.

I also liked the way the crew handled my questions. I wanted to see a certain guest and they answered my question.

This letter is on behalf of the SGC Forum. We have posted hundreds of threads asking for Amanda Tapping and Richard Dean Anderson to attend one of your events.

I can understand Amanda attending another event here in the UK and Europe in November, so she can not be in two places in once, however it would be great if she could appear either Saturday or Sunday, that way she can attend your event and then go to another sci-fi event which she is due to appear later in the year.

Also I asked about Stargate talks, as there will no doubt be plenty of SG1 guests, it would make sense to hold some Q+A sessions with the cast.

I am looking forward to meeting Chris Judge at London Film and Comic Con 2 and Michael Shanks at Collectormaina 7.

I look forward to receiving further correspondence.

Yours faithfully

Christopher (left out name just in-case)

Hi

Getting a petition together to get him to a con before has been tried. The con in Vancouver did one for the con back in July (though they called it an 'invitation' as it was felt a petition would get right up his nose... which I agree with). It's actually still up, and currently has 1673 signatures on it. The event only has 600 attendees, but people from all over the world have signed it, no doubt hoping if he does one event he might catch the bug and do others. If you want to 'petition' him, I'd suggest you go sign that one.

But... he didn't come to that con. I've also heard someone who has met RDA on several occasions say that they feel it may well have rubbed him up the wrong way and made him less likely to come.

He knows we want him to come. Apparently his cast mates have tried to persuade him. He'll come when he's ready and not because we pester him into it.