Expectations of Guests

Whilst it is disappointing that you don't always get a chance to have a photo with a guest, or perhaps they are not that friendly, put yourself in their shoes for a moment.

Many of the big guests, like Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams, Nick Brendon etc have recently flown in from the USA and for any of you that have ever done that and experience jet lag it does have strange and different affects on different people.

If you combine this with camera flashes constantly going off in your face, signing thousands of items, constantly standing up and sitting down for most of the day, three days in a row, it is a wonder they are even able to carry on.

Not all actors / actresses are naturally out going, nor are they always comfortable meeting people.

Yes, it can be disappointing, but they are only human after all.

At the end of the day , you have met a star whose work you appreciated, you have a great signed photo, maybe got to have a few words with them. The key to these events, is don't go there expecting too much, so when a guest does more than the basics you can really appreciate it.

They don't have to attend these events. Whilst they get paid to come and do them, I am sure that most of them would prefer to be working on stage or screen in their chosen profession, which was not at the end of the day as a meeter and greeter of the public.

Be glad you have seen them, thousands of others would love to , but will never get the chance.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with this! However I'd just like to say that Brent Spiner and Marina Sirtis were by far the best Star Trek TNG guests I've ever met, lovely lovely people, very chatty and smiley...plus Brent gave me his pen for being the first Heather of the day! :wub:

Not really as simple as that I think. You are paying for their autograph. A small amount of decency would not be too difficult.

Remember they are being paid a very large amount of money to be there. They are actors so how difficult is it to at least look people in the eye or a little smile.

There's lots of people on this forum who have been dissapointed with a lot of the guests at this event in particular.

Look at the event that Elijah Wood appeared at. He signed as long as Carrie Fisher did but he was a genuinely nice person when you met him. Said a couple of words while he was signing and even allowed you to lean in for a photo while he was signing. He is a far bigger star than Billy Dee Williams/Nicholas Brendon.

Not really as simple as that I think. You are paying for their autograph. A small amount of decency would not be too difficult.

Remember they are being paid a very large amount of money to be there. They are actors so how difficult is it to at least look people in the eye or a little smile.

There's lots of people on this forum who have been dissapointed with a lot of the guests at this event in particular.

Look at the event that Elijah Wood appeared at. He signed as long as Carrie Fisher did but he was a genuinely nice person when you met him. Said a couple of words while he was signing and even allowed you to lean in for a photo while he was signing. He is a far bigger star than Billy Dee Williams/Nicholas Brendon.

I guess from what you are saying you had a bad experience at this event.

I have met some guests more than once, and have had different experiences, so whilst it is no consolation on this occassion, it does not necessarily mean if you saw the guest another time you would have the same outcome.

Yes, they are actors, but they are also regular people who get tired, they suffer aches and pains, they get headaches, they may feel under the weather. They are of different ages, and like we all do, sometimes get out of the wrong side of bed and act like a bear with a sore head.

Put all this together, and it is no wonder they struggle to be chirpy and friendly with every member of the public.

There are a lot of different factors at play here, thay affect the way they will behave.

In an ideal world, we would have all had five minutes to chat with Carrie, a couple of posed photos and a completely different experience, but a lot less of us would have got an autograph, a lot less of us would have got to even see her at all.

You can't really compare Elijah and Carrie - they are totally different generations , different lifestyles . Elijah seems fairly outgoing , but Carrie has a LONG history of problems because of the weirdness of her youth , and life in general .

Besides that , he is probably WAY closer to the age range of the fans than she is , and so will connect more .

Another thing is , while all who met Elijah probably enjoyed meeting him , in the end some people didn't get the chance - they just took their photos off them and got them signed without meeting him .

People are just different and not all are as outwardly friendly as Elijah - this doesn't mean they are not nice , but maybe that it just takes longer to get through to who they REALLY are - and this is obviously not possible at an event like this .

Seems your all hard on Scojoe for raising strong points.

I have met some guests more than once, and have had different experiences, so whilst it is no consolation on this occassion, it does not necessarily mean if you saw the guest another time you would have the same outcome.

Yes, they are actors, but they are also regular people who get tired, they suffer aches and pains, they get headaches, they may feel under the weather. They are of different ages, and like we all do, sometimes get out of the wrong side of bed and act like a bear with a sore head.

Put all this together, and it is no wonder they struggle to be chirpy and friendly with every member of the public.

There are a lot of different factors at play here, thay affect the way they will behave.

In an ideal world, we would have all had five minutes to chat with Carrie, a couple of posed photos and a completely different experience, but a lot less of us would have got an autograph, a lot less of us would have got to even see her at all.

Sorry, but i disagree. I don't have overly eagar expectations meeting the stars. But if anything while stating the fact their human like the rest of us. Why don't you state the fact, they are professional actors/actresses who more than us should set a proessional example while attending a convention such as this.

Yes when you do travel to a con it's good to resign yourself to the fact. You should behave yourself and don't expect the world to obey your every whim. But scojoe said a very important thing about the stars have some sense of decency!

And yes you can compare their star power to each other as well as how they compare to another guest from whatever generation. The point of going to to meet the fans, is connecting. it is their responsibility. what you've described Golderngreen, is what everyone feel when they head out to work in the morning? Headaches, backpains, jetlag (if you travel from place to another etc) But far as all the negativity around how they might react or respond to us as customers. They are in a more responsible position than we are far as showing up and doing a signing?

All things considered, it would effect them more if they came to CM with a bad attitude and were overly expectant themselves. It's all fine and dandy saying how human they are, but so are we. It would be very rude to go to a star and moan about your problems traveling, backpain etc unless you had a chat with them and shared some common ground with each other.

I'm glad some of the stars i saw this weekend are so professional, this topic wouldn't even apply to them.

I have thought about the, if i were in their shoes scenario situation. But it doesn't really apply does it? Wonder if any of the guests thought about this vice versa?

But lets facts, it's a convention where they are in public. And they chose to come. Surely some considerations about all the troubles associated with cons went through their minds when THEY chose to show up. So this isn't a one way street, far say considerations of the stars "off day" is concerned.

I had a rather good but up and down day due to alot of things. but i always thought of how i'd present myself and what i'd do when i met a guest.

Far as i'm concerned expectations go both ways.

I didn't expect to see every star and didn't. I expected to meet nice stars and have meaningful conversations with them and did. I expected to get several autographs of the guests i chose to see and did. And expected some disappointments, and while some hit me harder than others, i did feel disappointed at some things i did expect.

Many factors, but all in all i'd say this is a 50/50 affair far as getting anykind of expectations.

Cos i'm sure some stars had their own expectations to meet and didn't.

I can understand why some stars can be in different moods when you meet them so the only expectation i have is that i go away feeling happy to have met them and that they taken time to at least talk to me. I found Nick Brendon to be really pleasant even though ive heard people saying they didnt think he was, but maybe thats because i was lucky enough to be one of the first people to meet him on the Sunday so he was in a good mood. But the guests are only human and it must be tedious sitting there all day signing even though they are getting paid.

Seems your all hard on Scojoe for raising strong points.

Sorry, but i disagree. I don't have overly eagar expectations meeting the stars. But if anything while stating the fact their human like the rest of us. Why don't you state the fact, they are professional actors/actresses who more than us should set a proessional example while attending a convention such as this.

Yes when you do travel to a con it's good to resign yourself to the fact. You should behave yourself and don't expect the world to obey your every whim. But scojoe said a very important thing about the stars have some sense of decency!

And yes you can compare their star power to each other as well as how they compare to another guest from whatever generation. The point of going to to meet the fans, is connecting. it is their responsibility. what you've described Golderngreen, is what everyone feel when they head out to work in the morning? Headaches, backpains, jetlag (if you travel from place to another etc) But far as all the negativity around how they might react or respond to us as customers. They are in a more responsible position than we are far as showing up and doing a signing?

All things considered, it would effect them more if they came to CM with a bad attitude and were overly expectant themselves. It's all fine and dandy saying how human they are, but so are we. It would be very rude to go to a star and moan about your problems traveling, backpain etc unless you had a chat with them and shared some common ground with each other.

I'm glad some of the stars i saw this weekend are so professional, this topic wouldn't even apply to them.

I have thought about the, if i were in their shoes scenario situation. But it doesn't really apply does it? Wonder if any of the guests thought about this vice versa?

But lets facts, it's a convention where they are in public. And they chose to come. Surely some considerations about all the troubles associated with cons went through their minds when THEY chose to show up. So this isn't a one way street, far say considerations of the stars "off day" is concerned.

I had a rather good but up and down day due to alot of things. but i always thought of how i'd present myself and what i'd do when i met a guest.

Far as i'm concerned expectations go both ways.

I didn't expect to see every star and didn't. I expected to meet nice stars and have meaningful conversations with them and did. I expected to get several autographs of the guests i chose to see and did. And expected some disappointments, and while some hit me harder than others, i did feel disappointed at some things i did expect.

Many factors, but all in all i'd say this is a 50/50 affair far as getting anykind of expectations.

Cos i'm sure some stars had their own expectations to meet and didn't.

My points exactly Megafan.

I don't think a certain amount of decency is too much to ask for. Where as being treated the way myself and a lot of other convention attendees were is neither pleasant or called for.

C6 seemed to have a general shift away from great guests and staff wanting to make your visit as pleasant as possible to ignorant guests and power hungry staff wanting to make as much money as quickly as possible.

C6 seemed to have a general shift away from great guests and staff wanting to make your visit as pleasant as possible to ignorant guests and power hungry staff wanting to make as much money as quickly as possible.

True. I swear, if i heard "It's a business line" from yet another person Saturday. I'll go completely mad. i thought it was the hight of bad manners to talk down to someone about it like that. Especially since this was my 4th time, i could hardly be called a cheapskate. And since i was asked how my day might go and i talked about how the cons changed a little. Is was very rude to get yet another reply like that.

The attendants helping the stars has improved slighty on some levels with a few exceptions here and there and the few exceptions include some actual Fantastic ones who helped me alot. Unlike C5, where some of the attendants i saw were somewhat twofaced and said things behind your back?

It's interesting to see the infamous "Newcastle T-shirt" guy changed somewhat. Although busy, he wasn't like the snobish ultra business type he was before at C3 & C4. A little laid back. Seems people do change somewhat? not such what he like on all days of a CM con, but he keeps a low profile now.

I'd like to see CM grow to the levels, the huge American conventions are like? Like another event and ComicCon. But we're no where near that level yet. And if it were possible to reach that level, alot of lessons from CM first 6 cons will have to be taken into consideration.

:lol:

If you take the fact that they might do 2 autographs a minute then someone like Carrie Fisher is basically making £50 a minute or £3000 an hour, not bad for someone who had a hit film 2 1/2 decades ago. They could at least be nice considering it is only 2 days work. I work 6 days a week and would take 4 years to earn what Fisher made in 2 days.

Carrie Fisher would not put certain quotes on her autographs, why? and most people did switch there flashes off, I did and still took great photos. In future I now know which guests not to waste my money on.

Best guests for me were Dirk, Dwight, Walter, Richard and a few others.

Worst seemed to be Brent Spinner & Carrie Fisher, I heard about certain others but I was not interested in them.

If guests want to act bad then please don't come in future.

:lol:

Once again, yet another event passes and the same discussion happens. Whether it be a Collectormania or another event ran by someone else.

Where I appreciate that the guests are paid to attend, this not mean they have to jump through hoops for attendees as an increasingly large group of people on the convention/event scen seem to think.

Look at this scenario.....

You are sat on your backside doing the same thing over and over again. Some attendees are friendly and some are ignorant. It can become very soul destroying to have people treat you like a piece of meat. I have had the displeasure to steward events and conventions where I have been close to telling some attendees to show a tad of respect as the guest is a human being after all.

Now, if a guest has no reason to be grumpy or off hand then that is in no way acceptable. But, and this is the big but, we do not know what has happened wiht previous attendees that day or hour or 15 minutes.

In a situation like Collectormania where 1000's turn up the organisers/guests have a catch 22 situation...

Catch 22 Scenario 1....The guests take posed photos with everyone that asks and has a conversation with them. These leads to less people getting to meet them which leaes people unhappy.

Catch 22 Scenario 2....The guests fire through the attendees as quickly as possible and attendees are unhappy as they didn't get to chat to their favourite star etc etc....

This is a situation that will always arise and people need to start to realise this. If you want to meet a particular guest, ask them questions, see them at parties and have properly posed photos with them then go to a convention over a full weekend.

If you just want to collect autographs and a qucik photo then go to Collectormania, LFACC etc etc etc.

People need to start meeting the shows and guests half way and lower their expectations. Set a reasonable target and if you get extras then great.

I had set a target of The Trio, Nick Brendon and Dwight Schultz. I saw them and managed to meet Mini Me Verne Troyer, Julie Caitlyn Brown, Stacy Kiebler and Test.

Until attendees start to work together - see other threads where pushing and shoving has occurred and people who turned up early and queued got queue jumped by people turning up when the doors opened - and work with the organisers/guests, this situation will never go away.

I will close this post with one question to each person who has stated all over this forum that putting your Bucks on the table means the guests do the jumoing through hoops act....

.....If your job meant you had direct contact with the public who paid for a service, would you stand for rudeness, ignorance and somewhat over the top requests?

Personally, and many reasonable people would agree, I would not!!!

Father Coop...the truth...you can't handle the truth!!!

Also, before you go on continuously about what they made from photos, get the facts before judging...You do not know what they make..only the guest and Showmasters do....If you judge based on rumours and assumptions then you are very wrong

Edited by Father Coop

Some of these guests were really rude, some did not even look at you when you met them or blanked you when you said hello, and as for not putting a star wars related message on photos by Carrie Fisher that is plain arrogant. On friday when I went there were not too many people there and you could see most guests straight away enen if your ticket number was not up yet. The guests were not rushed of there feet and they still were pains in the @rse to some people. They just simply wanted your money and could not care less about you, jet-lag or no jet-lag. Not all guests were like this only a few (we know who they were)

I don't think personalising a picture or saying hello or looking at you when you meet them or posing for a picture (with flash off) is jumping through hoops, there are alot harder ways out there to make a buck.

B)

I've already commented on this theme on a couple of other threads, so thought I would add another one here.

Fans will always be disappointed or elated because at events like these there is often very little inbetween.

The actors appear because they want to meet their fans, and if you are cynical, want to make some money off them as well. That's okay, because if we didn't want to hand it over to them then we wouldn't.

Without getting big-headed, some actors are likely to know that they will be popular with fans for several reasons. (1) They are a genuinely nice person who is approachable and through word of mouth other people want to meet them (2) They have been in huge blockbuster films such as ST, SW, LOTR's that has a huge following (3) They don't attend signings or cons very often so the demand is likely to be greater.

Therefore, knowing this and knowing that things are likely to get busy, they can obviously churn the autographs out and be a miserable sod, or they take breaks, stay as fresh as possible, disappoint some fans who won't get autographs, but "make someone elses day" when they are pleasant to every other person they meet.

Manners cost nothing, and yet in some instances we have just paid someone to be rude, and given them permission to do it by letting them get away with it.

There are different levels of interaction (1) none whatsover (2) a hello (3) add a smile (4) a quick conversation "hi how are you, are you having a good time" situation (5) a longer conversation which includes the above, where you're from, is this your first signing event, etc (6) a quick hello and a photo whilst they are signing (7) the full blown effect of conversation, smile, photo.

I've been on the receiving end of most of the above, including the (0) interaction that means they haven't noticed you and continue talking to the people around them, all the time making you feel "how" small?

Someone saying "hello" and "thank you" would not slow things down. Okay, fans have to realise that getting to meet people they idolise is probably quite rare and they are very fortunate to do so. And therefore if the actor is popular they have to realise that the interaction they will get will be minimal. Getting a photo with the actor is nice, but I'm just as happy if I can take photos whilst they are signing - no posing involved.

If we hold the door open for someone, we expect them to say thank you, because parents have taught us to be polite and having manners really doesn't cost anything. Paying for someone to sign a photo and them at least looking up and saying thank you will cost them nothing. Word of mouth would then be more positive and will encourage more people to want to see them in the future, thus getting them even more money (what can I say, I tend to be a cynic some of the time!).

Because they are in the public eye they are held more accountable for their actions because we are watching their every move. Is this right, no it's not, but they chose their career, they chose to be in the public eye, they then chose to meet their fans, and if they can't at least pretend to be a nice person, then perhaps they shouldn't bother attending events that puts them in direct interaction with us.

Would I spend money on people I have heard are rude, probably not, would I spend money on people I have already met and were polite to me, whether I want another autograph or not, probably.

"Remember that the feet you tread on on your way up, could be inside the boots that kick you on the way down"

E :blink:

Father Coop, quit arguing like this. Whether you've steward events like this in the past or not. If you have already admited it a Catch 22 situation on both sides of the fence. Then your arguement is already said and done.

Once again, yet another event passes and the same discussion happens. Whether it be a Collectormania or another event ran by someone else.

Well, that comes with the territory. It's hard to hear, but i promise you you'll aways hear about it. As someone else said on this thread.

Well, it isn't an ideal world is it. Things will always go up and down for every individual let alone every experience we will have going out to events like this. Learn to deal with the fact everybody will discuss, moan, complain, argue, see eye to eye and bitch about things.

Differences of opinons, is nothing to be scared about.

Also, before you go on continuously about what they made from photos, get the facts before judging...You do not know what they make..only the guest and Showmasters do....If you judge based on rumours and assumptions then you are very wrong

Neither is any guess work on behalf of any poster here?! Don't inslut others by claiming you speaking for anyone 'BUT' yourself. questions are asked here so any assumptions or guess work long as it's very logical and serious to the point. Isn't wrong nor rude, considering these topics are open to be debated on.

I will close this post with one question to each person who has stated all over this forum that putting your Bucks on the table means the guests do the jumoing through hoops act....*

.....If your job meant you had direct contact with the public who paid for a service, would you stand for rudeness, ignorance and somewhat over the top requests?

*That question certainly isn't directed to me or anybody else, since i'm sure me or anyone else never made any indication of stars jumping through hoops for customers whatsoever, etc. Don't blows things out of proportions now Father Coop!

And that is the truth. "Hardcore and to the bone"

Nuff said.

Edited by Megafan

The fact is that a lot of people are complaining about certain guests , and most are about CF and BDW , so there has to be some reason .

But all the complainers have chose to jump to the conclusion that it is all money reasons that have caused this . This MAY be so but not one of you ( or I for that matter ) know this is so . Some people are just rude , or ignorant , or thoughtless and they do not have to be famous to be like this .

I would of hoped that the guests could make an effort to ALL their fans , but I would of also hoped that fans wouldn't queue jump , or try to take photos of the actors that bothered to turn up at the Party - but people , including famous ones , are there to sometimes let you down as well as do good things .

A lot of you joined in a discussion as to whether Carrie would be friendly way before C6 because we had heard some not nice things - so it strikes me that a lot of you expected her to be slightly rude to some people and I can't understand why you are surprised now , when some of our/your suspicions have been proved correct .

All I can say is that I enjoyed meeting CF , and , to a lesser degree BDW , and , while I wasn't quite sure how much to expect from either , I at least got manners , a smile , and thanks from both .

Father Coop, quit arguing like this. Whether you've steward events like this in the past or not. If you have already admited it a Catch 22 situation on both sides of the fence. Then your arguement is already said and done.

Well, that comes with the territory. It's hard to hear, but i promise you you'll aways hear about it. As someone else said on this thread.

Well, it isn't an ideal world is it. Things will always go up and down for every individual let alone every experience we will have going out to events like this. Learn to deal with the fact everybody will discuss, moan, complain, argue, see eye to eye and bitch about things.

Differences of opinons, is nothing to be scared about.

Neither is any guess work on behalf of any poster here?! Don't inslut others by claiming you speaking for anyone 'BUT' yourself. questions are asked here so any assumptions or guess work long as it's very logical and serious to the point. Isn't wrong nor rude, considering these topics are open to be debated on.

I will close this post with one question to each person who has stated all over this forum that putting your Bucks on the table means the guests do the jumoing through hoops act....*

*That question certainly isn't directed to me or anybody else, since i'm sure me or anyone else never made any indication of stars jumping through hoops for customers whatsoever, etc. Don't blows things out of proportions now Father Coop!

And that is the truth. "Hardcore and to the bone"

Nuff said.

Question directly at you MegaFan....

"Am I not allowed to debate like everyone other poster who, like yourself, have mentioned things?

Am I not allowed to make valid points from my view without it being hinted at I am speaking for someone else?

I guess, in your words, I have to quit arguing!!"

I have insulted no one and healthily debated like everyone else from my point of view. I have said before and will say again that I respect people's views whether I agree or not.

If anyone has been rude then it is yourself with your orders to me.

I would ask that you look up the term "Pot calling the kettle black!!!" as in this case you are takign a pop at myself for debating when you have done it all along. You need to read my post thoroughly and take it on what is there and not what you think is there.

And before you come back with some comment of "You are not reading mine or other's posts correctly...don't bother...I always read posts fully and comment faitly in my opinion. I am open to criticism but not blinkered insults like yours.

I guess you are someone who took that post to heart. Maybe a guilty conscience?

Father Coop...he will stand his ground against message board bullies like MegaFan!!!

Father Coop...he will stand his ground against message board bullies like MegaFan!!!

:wub:

If thats your reaction to a simple direct question. Then it's you who can't take his own advice about the "Pot calling the kettle black". whatever.

Message board bullies?

Take a chill pill, and don't try to play that game. with that one you've already cast the first stone and made yourelf out to be what you claim. Far as "message board bullies" go :lol:

I have insulted no one and healthily debated like everyone else from my point of view. I have said before and will say again that I respect people's views whether I agree or not.

Yet you cast such insluts as message board bullies........right? - :D

Nope, just aired my opinons strongly.

And before you come back with some comment of "You are not reading mine or other's posts correctly...don't bother...I always read posts fully and comment faitly in my opinion. I am open to criticism but not blinkered insults like yours.

What insults???....eh you've got me. Your open to criticsm alright, but aren't responding to it very well.

You don't agree with me but once again said this. Father Coop...he will stand his ground against message board bullies like MegaFan!!!

Hmmmm...seems you grow to anger, too easily. You respect posters opinons but can't end a post without making lame claims such as that. For someone who claims they respect other views you certainly show little tolerance when challenged. And i am reading your posts correctly. since you comment faitly as you call it. then give this some consideration before you respond with yet another bully claim. (where did you get that anyways?)

If anyone has been rude then it is yourself with your orders to me.

Such as? Quit as in lay off or quit as in this kind of agressive agruing from you. Wasn't going anywhere or solve anything?

I guess you are someone who took that post to heart

What like you've just taken mine. Indeed. And what pray tell, sends a louder message to everyone on here. "Message board bullies" or strong opinons being debated.

Nah, i'm sure everyone will see "Message Board Bully" speaks volumes doesn't it. about your attempt to paint me as a bad guy?! Sad attempt, pity you had to try that tactic. pretty rich coming from a poster saying he respects views whether he agree with them or not. You didn't agree with me what did i get.

"Message board bullies" what in the hell brought that up! - ;)

Now if you don't mind i'm done.

Scojoe, i agree with you. as for everyone else nice debating it with you to.

Father Coop? "Message board bullies"? heheh .heh heh heh. Please relax. and don't try to "sell" something that ain't right about me.

Think you've shot yourself in the foot with that remark. And sold yourself short. See i don't have to respond back to you, like you did to me. You shown yourself to be very ignorant of things you claim you do but don't. And don't have to lower myself to your level. Everyone here will see what your said "out of the blue" and towards me. There is nothing to win in this so why bother.

Which is enough to end this before you blow it out of proportions yet again and say i did something i didn't.

Later

Edited by Megafan

I have been reading this thread with interest and I would just like to add something. When you turn up at work you are paid to do your job right? If you do this without making eye contact/looking at people as they are talking to you, don't answer when they talk to you and just generally look disinterested then you are going to get a reputation for being a bit rude and a grouch. This is not different from the guest situation.

I had both good and bad experiences with the guests and whilst I don't expect 5 minutes of their undivided attention or even photos, I do expect them to look at me (even for only a second) and to aknowledge that I have spoken to them. This whilst only taking mere seconds longer would at least give you a feeling that you are not on a conveyer belt.

I think what some people are not getting/caring about is that when you pay for something wether it be a big mac or an autograph you are then the customer and expect to be treated with a certain amount of civilty not like a bit of dirt on the end of somebody's shoe.

Certain guests at this event were obviously only there to collect the cheque at the end of the day and couldn't care about the people that put them there in the first place.

I think what some people are not getting/caring about is that when you pay for something wether it be a big mac or an autograph you are then the customer and expect to be treated with a certain amount of civilty not like a bit of dirt on the end of somebody's shoe.

Certain guests at this event were obviously only there to collect the cheque at the end of the day and couldn't care about the people that put them there in the first place.

That's an unfair generalisation on your experience.

LOTS of people have said she was very nice!

I am talking about my experience though. Doesn't sound like I was alone either. There seems to be more people that were unhappy/disappointed with meetings a few of these stars than weren't.

I am talking about my experience though. Doesn't sound like I was alone either. There seems to be more people that were unhappy/disappointed with meetings a few of these stars than weren't.

Be generalisation, I was referring to your comment:

Certain guests at this event were obviously only there to collect the cheque at the end of the day and couldn't care about the people that put them there in the first place

That's not just your opinion of view.

And maybe I'm a 'the glass is half full' kind of guy, but it seems about 50/50 to me. In total, there's probably a lot more in the 'she was ok' category, because people are more likely to write to complain, than say 'it was ok'.