Rory Tolkien?

Jealousy kills!

If I were Royd I'd milk it too. I know J. R. R. is probably turning in his grave because of it, but I'd do it too, lol.

And is Royd Great-Grandson, or just Grandson? Because J. R. R. Tolkien wasn't THAT old when he wrote the stories back in the 50's and 60's.

Cheers!

Royd is his great-grandson. JRR was born in 1892! :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jealousy kills!

If I were Royd I'd milk it too.  I know J. R. R. is probably turning in his grave because of it, but I'd do it too, lol.

And is Royd Great-Grandson, or just Grandson?  Because J. R. R. Tolkien wasn't THAT old when he wrote the stories back in the 50's and 60's.

Cheers!

Royd is his great-grandson. JRR was born in 1892! :D

Ah okay, so he was THAT old, lol.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Cheers!

if it wasnt for lord of the rings royd probably wouldnt even know much about his great grandad. be honest, cmon

all i remember about my great nan is i had to get her knives and forks all the time...

:wub: That's all I had to do as well! Or play cards with them. And lose.

Royd was a nice guy, but I personally didn't get the fascination with him. But he was lovely. I'm a LOTR FANATIC, but I still didn't want his autograph.

No comment on Carl though! lol

I'm a fanatic... but to me its not about the autos for any of them...

I take pride in the fact i have them but they arent anything to be bothered about...

he was a genuinely lovely guy and i felt honoured to meet him....

just like Billy and Thomas and sala and everyone else i have had the opportunity to talk to!

I dont understand how people can be so cruel!

two words..

Royd Rocks!

anyone who puts him down is just F-ing jealous, get over it!

Andrea xx

veasse i agree completly with you. it was cool to meet the guy and my god yes he rocks big style. and ok yes he is absolutly gorge.

he was so polite and happy to talk to people which is nice.

he definatly doesn't come on with the whole "do u know who i am" attitude that alot of celebs do get, main star or family.

SM definatly invite him again. I hope he would be willing to come back again.

if it wasnt for lord of the rings royd probably wouldnt even know much about his great grandad. be honest, cmon

all i remember about my great nan is i had to get her knives and forks all the time...

:uhoh: That's all I had to do as well! Or play cards with them. And lose.

Royd was a nice guy, but I personally didn't get the fascination with him. But he was lovely. I'm a LOTR FANATIC, but I still didn't want his autograph.

No comment on Carl though! lol

I'm a fanatic... but to me its not about the autos for any of them...

I take pride in the fact i have them but they arent anything to be bothered about...

he was a genuinely lovely guy and i felt honoured to meet him....

just like Billy and Thomas and sala and everyone else i have had the opportunity to talk to!

I dont understand how people can be so cruel!

two words..

Royd Rocks!

anyone who puts him down is just F-ing jealous, get over it!

Andrea xx

veasse i agree completly with you. it was cool to meet the guy and my god yes he rocks big style. and ok yes he is absolutly gorge.

he was so polite and happy to talk to people which is nice.

he definatly doesn't come on with the whole "do u know who i am" attitude that alot of celebs do get, main star or family.

SM definatly invite him again. I hope he would be willing to come back again.

unfortunately i asked him and he said he wouldnt be doing many more cons if any...

*hopes he proves me wrong*

Sala said he was the next orli? LOL!!!!

Sala was funny.... he was saying how shexay Royd was... when i showed him the pic i took!

Royd is a little love! i mean how unpretentious can someone be? the guy was genuinely lovely!

:lol:

cant wait to see him again he was so cool to talk to... i dont get that every woman drooled down thier chin when he walked by.. yeh he is beautiful but damn! why dont they do that when Sala walks by? (thats just me lol)

i must admit he had me getting verbal diarreah (sp?) telling him all about my career plans... he was just so easy to talk to... when you get past the very sexy exterior!

Andrea xx